<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Starcraft 2

Who bought it, and how do you like it so far?

i got it earlier today and played it for 1 match online. My computers a little old for it so everythings running pretty slow. But i have to say from what i see so far, it was definately NOT worth the wait of about 12 years for the sequel. My opinion might change after ive played it some more but thats how it stands for the time being.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Starcraft 2

I got a beta invite but checked my email about 2 days too late to use it :p It looked alright, was thinking about giving it a try if/when they make a free trial or something. Or if it got good reviews, but from what I saw I'd say the wait wasn't worth it at all.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 am

I picked it up yesterday and it took me until this morning for Battle.net to accept my details. I don't have time to play right now maybe this evening but so far from what I have seen I dislike:

1 A 12 GIG install?? The game requires 12 gigs and an internet connection to play single player.
2 Having to log in to battle.net just to play a single player match I hope this is fixed cause grandma doesn't have internet.
3 Having to give so much personal info just to create an account that I will never use.

It almost seems like Blizzard is using the Steam model. I was hoping Steam would fail but I guess it's here to stay and now others are following suit.

I will have to wait and see how this turns out.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 am

played it a little bit more yesterday...i seriously hope that they fix zerg...everything seems to all blend together for them. i dislike how they renamed a some units, it just makes it more confusing for no reason. Some hotkeys are different. I guess it would help if i played the campaign first before jumping straight into multiplayer tho :P

one thing i noticed tho that i liked was that you could unburrow your sunkens and move them somewhere else on your creep. and that you can set rally points for individual units. you can upgrade your stuff in series' of 5 (youd have to see it to know what i mean) you can add more room to your bunkers.

oh by the way ace...if you know someone who bought the game. it comes with 2, 7 hour guest passes...i already gave mine out to my girlfriend and her bro otherwise id just send you the key.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 am

I doubt they'll work..

Probably got to use it to register an account and by the time it downloads 12 gigs the 7 hours are up lmao.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 am

Puncharger wrote:I doubt they'll work..

Probably got to use it to register an account and by the time it downloads 12 gigs the 7 hours are up lmao.

Naw it don't work like that.

You download for ever then you make an account or you could make an account while you are downloading then when you go play you log in and that's when it starts counting.

This game really needs a stand alone version. What if my flaky internet goes out in the middle of a mission then what?
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:04 am

I'm not really interested in that game...
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 am

Now neither am I.

I am really bothered by the fact that if you make friends online they get all your personal info including your full name and home address. This is stupid and makes me not want to make friends online.

I will be terminating my battle.net account ASAP.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am

It's definitely bad that Blizzard is making people link their personal info with their accounts. WoW accounts will show your full name. (Even in the forums.)
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm

They canceled that, they will no longer show your actual name on the forums because of the major uproar of the community.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I they will still show your real name if you have "trusted" friends then they will be able to see all your details.

I found this: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... ty/1406553

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:38 pm

shouldn't this be in PC games? just saying... and since I was only 2 years old when the first one came out I haven't played it, but I think I'll try this one out once someone finds how to hack/crack it for everyone to play...
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:45 pm

The whole real name thing is preety lame. I was going to buy catacalysm when it comes out since i haven't played WoW since the ice crown citadel raid came out, but not now if names are shown on the friends list!
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Mailas

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:23 pm

I tried it....
Okay I suck compared to my korean friend so f*** this game :(
I don't really hate Linux, but it's just too funny.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 am

lolol you dont actually have to put your real info in their. i didnt use my real name, and used a fake address as well.

i'm slowly starting to like the game now tho. it just takes a little getting used to. and the 7 hour pass only counts the time when youre logged into your account while on the starcraft game. They obvioustly work cause my girlfriend and her bro are using them...im sure if you google tho people may have made a forum somewhere posting the 7 hour codes for others to use.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
Next

Return to Computer Chat