<<

ErickPlaystation

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:57 pm

how to rip things off of ISOs?

I wanna rip things off of my ISO.. uh. like.. the unneeded stuff?.. i have DJ MAX Portable, and it's 1.5gb iso, 1.3 for dax and cso. I only have a 1gb stick.. any ideas?
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:28 pm

Not sure what files you need but while I was working on an english patch for breath of fire 3 with ps monkey he was able to help me getinto the actual iso.
Either that or it was just the .rar file.
Last edited by Mailas on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ErickPlaystation

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:29 am

Terdinlage said i can use UMDGen, and I can.. but I'm not sure what files I can remove... 2 of the main files make up just about 1gb.. So i've gotta find something that can shrink it reallllly small.. like dvd shrink.. lol.
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:49 am

Yes UMD Gen can do it but you need to have the PSP_GAME folder and the data file when you downloaded the iso.
To actuallly create the ISO, you have to have win rar.
Click extract here on one of the rar files (because when you download it, it will contain a bunch most likely)and when you have clicked extract here, you should then have your .rar file.

BUT, if there is not a whole bunch of rar files, or any rar files whatsoever, then simply there should be a folder and a data file.
OPen up UMD Gen, and place the PSP_GAME folder of the iso you downloaded into the blank white space, and also put in the data file in the blank white space (make sure you dont put it in the folder)

After you have put PSP_GAME folder and the data file in the blank space (the right one beside the space where root is)
go to view, Volume, fill in the blanks, and then go to file, and save as.

Also, when you have an ISO, a lot of them can be very high in space, so be aware of the sizes of the ones you download.
To answer your question, to get things from the ISO, you have to look into the PSP_GAME folder on it.

Return to PSP Tutorials