Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Got 3.03 OE-B ..... Now what?! .. Confused...

<<

astroboiii

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:12 pm

Got 3.03 OE-B ..... Now what?! .. Confused...

New to the scene obviously,
updated to 3.03 OE-B, but don't know what I can do with this yet.
Got the new Devhook .52
.. but I'm not sure if I need it..? It sayas it EMULATES 3.03 .. is that for people who have a lower version and want the features of 3.03 without updating?

All I can do right now is run homebrews, like emulators and the like.

PSX games are foreign to me because I've dumped, compressed and upped them but they still refuse to run (The game could not be started etc etc) But I'm sure I did them right (hotshots logo and all that plus followed several tuts to the T)

also running ISO's doesn't seem to work I get the same error msg. I thought devhook would fix this but now I'm not so sure because you have to flash your psp .. and I just got 3.03 which I know sits in the flash portion so I'm afraid it'll brick.

can anyone shed some light? I maybe a noob to the psp scene but I'm not an idiot and can understand thigns quick if you purpose them right.

THank's
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:33 pm

You do not need devhook any longer ;) it is for people with lower firmware versions like you thought.

I have a tutorial that tells how to load ps1 games. I will post it soon.

If your iso is in .dax format, it will not work. You need to put the isos in the x:/iso folder and they need to be either .iso or .cso.

Just hold off on the ps1 until I get my tutorial finished for you ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

astroboiii

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:36 pm

done anddddddd done

Got it working right after I posted (I allway's try to hold off posting because I know I"ll figure it out by then lol)

Just ripped my own psx games into .iso and then found an all-in-one gui program that compresses and set's up the eboot for you including icon's and images (I'll post later it's on my lappy that I don't have)

the major thing is to put it int he PSP/GAME directory
I think I'm getting a hang of this 3.03 OE-B setup now.

/PSP/GAME150/ ihomebrew ISO + CSO is /ISO (duh) /PSP/GAME is PSX

done no devhook no nothing. next I tackle playing movies on this thing (anime and such so .mkv's .xvids etc)
I don't want to have to convert to some .mp4 like I'm realizing I have to do. Tried streaming using TVivtar or whatever but that busted out.

might write a master guide for it all maybe

*UPDATE*
site where the PSX gui - one stop shop for compression/conversion is
http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=12220&catid=192

all you'll need.
Last edited by astroboiii on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:01 pm

oh, I answered your question in the wrong way. My apologies.

Yes, ps1 games go in the game folder (or whatever folder you have set to run homebrew from)

with regular isos, you need to put them in the iso folder on the root of the memory stick. They can only be in .iso or .cso format. Dax compression won't work (not even if you get the dax loader).

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:23 pm

As for GAME150, switch to 1.50 kernal from recovery mode. This enables you to run anything including devhook (which devhook you do not need)
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:35 pm

I tried to run the dax loader but it wouldn't work.

I tried the different kernel modes in recovery as well, and had no luck.

The dax loader (.62) would load and allow me to see my menu of games/ edit the settings and everything. It seemed to work fine, but would never let me load a game. Kept giving me an error. Not that it matters all that much b/c .cso compression is nearly as good as .dax, but it is just time out of my day when it all comes down to it... and I'd rather dedicate that time to my girlfriend any day.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

astroboiii

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:28 am

got video working, but not in the way I wanted, Had to *convert* videos not too long of a process.

http://www.nurs.or.jp/%7Ecalcium/3gpp/
the file itself (click on the 3.4 zip download (I believe it's 3.4 yes it's in another language but trust me you'll be fine)
once you grab that file install it and use it along with this site (don't follow everything as it's seriously for complete tools)
http://www.engadget.com/2004/12/21/how- ... -portable/

simply put you drag and drop what movies you want to convert into the blank space at the top, and the (browse) button in the middle is going to be set for where you want them to be outputted.

this for me produces perfectly sized,best qual. videos for psp format, a simple drag into my psp and voila and FULL SCREEN YAY.

again if there's a better version please let me know.....

next .iso's...... metal gear isn't working for me =C

and today's got a weather warning (southern ontario =D) no work!!!!!!!!!

Return to PSP Tutorials