Daedalus Help

<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:33 am

Daedalus Help

Hey was wondering if you guys could help with something.

I installed Daedalus and roms. When I run Daedalus and it gets to the ROM selection screen it instantly scrolls all the way down without me pushing anything and I end up having to fight with it pushing up as fast as I can to get to the game I want. Any way around this issue.

Also the sound seems kinda weird when playing games.
My Firmware Time Line Ver. 2.01 < 2.71 > 1.50 < 3.40oe-a
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:46 am

Mmmm...either your down arrow button could be stuck or the screws could be to tight causing the analog stick to act retarded, that is if you have ever replaced the faceplate or anything. I don't have much experience with daedalus though, is daedalus the only thing doing it? Also you could try changing the controls so it doesn't do that I guess. Do the games work perfectly? :p
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:57 am

nope no mods to my psp at all andit is the only emulator that does it. nester, mmc, snes emulators all work perfect. Its only Daedulus that does it. Tried every version they all do the same thing.

The game play fine but the sound is horribly distorted.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:02 am

You might want to try cleaning your analog stick and d-pad by taking the faceplate off. If you need a guide for disassembly you can find one here http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8590
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:07 am

Staxx, since that's the only emulator that does it and the games work in the emulator jsut not that single emulator....I was guessing that that's not the problem. If anything he could probably just cause more problems then the one he already has. Unless he is confident that he can clean the metal contacts without screwing anything up. What firmware are you on?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Well, i was sort of thinking that daedalus might use the functions of the analog to scroll while the other emulators might not (havent used them in while toremember off the top of my head). Thats why i suggested it though, plus theres not really much you can do to mess up your psp by taking the faceplate off, unless you spill water on it or something along those lines.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:36 am

ace_012 wrote:Staxx, since that's the only emulator that does it and the games work in the emulator jsut not that single emulator....I was guessing that that's not the problem. If anything he could probably just cause more problems then the one he already has. Unless he is confident that he can clean the metal contacts without screwing anything up. What firmware are you on?
I am using 3.40e-a my only fix for this is having only one rom in the folder at a time
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

Mmmm... I guess it wouldn't hurt to like backup your memory stick, and reformat it. Then put the files back on. But I highly doubt that will fix it. Thats such a weird problem though O.o You can always try gpsp (the gameboy emulator) I know that uses the analog stick. If it works with gpsp, then I have really no clue man :( Did you buy your psp used? Because I know I bought my used and I know for a fact that it has been opened before because the idiot that opened it screwed the silver screw to tight and cracked some of the faceplate XD But you can try pushing down on the analog stick and wiggle it around and see if that fixes it.
<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:16 am

My psp I got for father's day this year.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 am

Well I guess the only way you can tell that it's the actual emulator is test out gpsp. If it is all screwy on gpsp then it's the analog stick (which I doubt), but if it works perfectly fine on gpsp then well....we know it's the emulator. If that's the case then I guess all you can really do is change the setting's so that the analog stick doesn't do anything.
<<

breeze

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:08 pm

I had the same problem when it does that just tap the analog or the directional pad it worked for me i think it has something to do with the emulator

Return to PSP Help