Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Would appreciate some help. Having a problem.

<<

menacide

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:40 am

Would appreciate some help. Having a problem.

Hi fellas,

First off, the site is great from what I've been able to read so far. Exactly what I've been looking for. However, I'm having a problem with the Brewpack game emulators.

I have software version 1.52 installed on my psp.

The videos work fine, as well as the Flashpacks. But I can't for the life of me get the game emulators or games that I downloaded to work. When I navigate on the PSP to the memory card, I see the graphics for say a Pac Man game, etc. But once I click on it, it takes me to a PSP screen, and then a "The game could not be loaded - 80020148" screen.

Any idea what the problem might be? I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance
<<

Ryanwithaproblem

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:01 am

I know what ur problem is!

I'ts because u have psp version 1.52 or 1.51! These versions are not compatable with playing homebrew games. There is software available to upgrade your psp to version 2.00, then from 2.00 downgrade to version 1.50! This is what I have done and it works fine! V.1.50 is the version that will let u run hombrew games and emulators on ur psp!
<<

Necrophiliac

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:07 am

I couldn't get that pac man homebrew to run either and I do have a 1.5
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:39 am

did you download pacman from this site? if so, did you click "make corrupt files hidden"? try unclicking that and download the zip folder. And manually install it yourself. See if that works.
<<

menacide

Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:48 am

Yes I downloaded PacMan from this site.

Still not working.

Is this guy up above right? Do I need to upgrade the software to 2.0 an then roll back to 1.5?

Also, where are any nes roms for PSP?
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:39 am

Well first of all, clicking "make corrupt files hidden" willl just make it so the corrupt file that comes witht he homebrew just disappear.I dont think it efects the actual thing at all, but I use it all the time, thsoe stupid corrupts really make me angry.
To menacide:
And yes, u do have to download the upgrade, there are manyn tutorials so if ur gonna ask where to upgrade go here:
http://google.ca .It will answers all ur problems.And then after u have upgraded plz downgrade to 1.50 to play ur homebrew.Again lok on google for a downgrade tutorial.I dont know for sure but there should be some tutorials on here, I dont know tho.
Oh and sorry for ur loss about the nes roms, we cant accept any on the forums, their illigle so if one was posted ont e site it would make this site illligle, but ur welcome to pm our members of where to get some.

To Necrophilliac:
Maybe it might not be working or something, but its working for me perfectly.Try downloading it from somewhere else if its not working here, but pspbrew has generators, it should work, but what i do, Is whne u download it, I dont press "save to disk" I press "Open File" or something like that.The save to disk thing I can't figure out so I do the opposite.Now I think I may know what ur problem is.

When u open the file, is there a PSP folder?If so, going in ur memory stick is there a psp folder in there?If not please make one.
In that PSP folder make a GAME folder.And u should also see a GAME folder in the Homebrew u just downloaded.Open that GAME folder and open the GAME folder u have just created in ur mem stick.NOw you should see two new folders.It shold look a bit like this:

Pacman Pacman% and it might say something about pspbrew or something.Copy those folders into the GAME folder in ur Mem stick.Now get out of USB mode and go into ur PSP and play the homebrew.Your done!
But I stilll dont know y the generators rnt working for u.If this didn't help u please feel free to talk to me live on msn.

[email protected]
Im not busy right now, lets chat.ANd il help u out if u stil need help.But I think I got ur email hehe.

Return to BrewPack! Generator