<<

Folderpirate

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:07 pm

File Selector For VBA Help

The readme is thus:
VBA for PSP (GBA Emulator port) File Selector

A File Selector for the GBA Emulator has been created by a Japanese author.

1) Open up notepad and save a blank document as ROM.GBA and make sure you choose all types as the file type.
2) Put your roms (unzipped) into the same folder as the GBA emulator with any name.
3) Open up the file selector and navigate to the rom you want to use and click circle.
4) Hit home on the psp and come out of the file selector.
5) Open up the GBA emulator and the rom you chose will load up

wtf? VERY vague

1. Where do you save the blank document to?
2. Which folder has the emulator in it? the one with % or without?
3. Where do you save the file selector? and do you unzip it?
<<

notjy

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:13 pm

The file selector is a seperate app in itself, so it gets it's own two folders like the rest of the homebrews(one with % and one without one).

Just try putting the blank document into both the VBA emulator and file selector folders(without the %). The roms go into the folder without the %.
<<

Folderpirate

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:34 pm

Well for the file selector, when I downloaded it, it did not have a second folder(%) in the sipped package.

So would I just create a folder with % and copy the EBOOT file into that one? I don't think that should work because the EBOOTs from the other % folders are definately bigger files than the ones in the non-% folder.

?
<<

Folderpirate

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:46 pm

Okay. How bout I walk through my perdicament?

I downloaded the VBA File Selector and it was stored as a zipped file to my desktop.

I then unzipped the file and inside were two files: "readme" and "EBOOT"...nothing else was there.

I created a folder named "VBA_For_PSP_File_Selector" in "GAMES" folder on my PSP.

I saved a blank notepad doc to the above folder called "ROM.gba".

I created a folder named "VBA_For_PSP_File_Selector~%" and put it in the "GAMES" folder of my PSP.

I saved the unzipped "EBOOT" from the file selector download to the above folder.

I saved another copy of the "ROM.gba" file to "VBAPSP_pspbrew_com_insert_roms_or_files_here1" folder in the "GAMES" folder of my PSP.

I also put all my roms in the above folder and they retain their original titles.

Now...a small diagram of what files are in what folders:

GAMES Folder contains: VBAPSP_pspbrew_com_insert_roms_or_files_here1, VBAPSP~1%, VBA_For_PSP_File_Selector~1%(self named and created), VBA_For_PSP_File_selector(self named and created) and additional emulators.

VBAPSP_pspbrew_com_insert_roms_or_files_here1 Folder contains: EBOOT.PBP(1149KB), ROM.gba, Rom1.gba, Rom2.gba

VBAPSP~1% Folder contains: EBOOT.PBP(16KB)

VBA_For_PSP_File_Selector~1% Folder contains: EBOOT.PBP(188KB)(came with file selector download)

VBA_For_PSP_File_selector Folder contains: ROM.gba

Now, if this setup is wrong, which it obviously is, please do a similar diagram that shows what files should go where and it ANY FOLDERS NEED TO BE CREATED.

Also if any folder names need to be changed or combined or mixed around or whatever.

Thanks for any time contributed to this in advance,
-FP

P.S.

Also, whenever I have the two folders for the File Selector created, depending on where I put the "EBOOT" file, either
a. Two file selectors show up on the PSP in menu
b. A file selector file shows up as well as a "corrupt file"

Another also... In my current setup, whenever I try to run the file selector from the PSP Menu I get this error : "The games could not be started. (80010002)"

Again, thanks.
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:05 pm

use a program that helps with it.It puts both folders into it.
Seipsp or something.

Look ont his website:

http://www.godano.cjb.net/
<<

Folderpirate

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:11 pm

Yeah, that program won't download for me for some reason.

Maybe I should just wait until there is a better Gameboy Advance Emu out there?
<<

Kyin3

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:08 am

Folderpirate wrote:Yeah, that program won't download for me for some reason.

Maybe I should just wait until there is a better Gameboy Advance Emu out there?

yeah either that or wait for the current one to be updated. Normally I hate giving a way around things when a person ask for something certain but in this case I don't know how to use the VBA selector so sorry.

Honestly your not missing much I tried (even after many people told me the same thing, but wanted 1st hand experience) the VBA emu than got rid of it because of the slowdowns.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:11 am

In time we'll get a full speed GBA emulator. Don't worry guys.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:24 am

yeah, been waiting to try it out.The one we already have is just slow but atleast I can see the picture.Oh well, back to old advance gameboy.So Il be pretty happy when it comes out.

Peace, Mailasg

Return to BrewPack! Generator