<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:33 pm

Read this before you Post!

OK, there are some questions that are asked thousands upon thousands of times, so I decided to make a read this first post. Hopefully the mods can put this in a place where people will see it and read it before asking unecessary questions.

The Noobs Guide to PSPBrew - Please read this before posting!

Q: I have firmware 1.51, 1.52, or 2.00. Will emulators or homebrew work on my PSP?

A: NO, at this time there is no homebrew or emulator support for that firmware. Be patient though, your time will come eventually.

Q: I have version 1.00 firmware and the Brew Pack Generator isn't working! Help!
A: Our Pack Generator currently doesn't support version 1.00. In light of this, I have established a nice pack of emulators and homebrew which I can distribute to those who contact me via my MSN address ([email protected]). This will serve as a temporary Brew Pack until our official one supports version 1.0 firmware. (This should come very soon)

Q: My Neo Geo CD Emulator isnt working, how can I fix it?
A: Guide to how to get your NeoGeoCD:

First ull need to download the 512 k bios. No link please, find it yourself. Once uve downloaded it, put it in your "I:\PSP\GAME\neocdpsp" directory. To install games download one (again no links please). It should come with a ISO file. Mount the iso file with Daemon tools ( Download here ) and extract all the files from the ISO and put them in a .zip file and name it whatever u want. U can also, with the new NeoCD emu out (made by YoYoFR) u can make a folder called, for example, Metal Slug and put all the files u extracted from the ISO in it and put that folder in your "I:\PSP\GAME\neocdpsp" directory (the reason u would do this is because the emu will run the game much, MUCH faster if its uncommpressed). Put the .zip file or the folder in your neocdpsp directory and your done. NeoCD emu should work now. Im not sure if u can do what im about to say if u did the .zip method. For all the MP3s included with the game, make a folder called "neocd.mp3" and put all the mp3s that came with the game in it. Then put that folder in your games folder (say with metal slug folder put all the metal slug mp3s in the neocd.mp3 folder, then put the neocd.mp3 folder in your Metal Slug folder) u dont have to do this tho, it only adds in the music, sound is with the files u extracted from the ISO. U can also extract the files from the ISO using WinRAR (download here) its a self explanitory program preety much. Not hard to use. Currently u cant hide the corrupt data icon because the emu requires that the emus folder be named "neocdpsp" or it wont work. Heres a list of what u should have in your neocdpsp folder:

startup.bin
neocdpsp.ini
NeoCD.bin
logo.bmp
loading.bmp
EBOOT.PBP (of course)
(All these files must be in your neocdpsp folder for the emu to work)

Special Thanks to Aesoprock for writing up this tutorial!

Q: How do I use the PSPBrewPack Generator?
A: It's easy! First, go down the list and select all the Emulators, Applications, and Games that you want. Once you've finished selecting, go to the bottom of the page and make sure you have the "Self Extracting (Recommended) " button selected and then click generate. Download the file and then run the .exe. This will open up an install window. Click accept, and then click browse and find your PSP. Make sure that you extract to the ROOT DIRECTORY of your PSP. I can't stress the importance of this enough. Once you've done that, click install. You now should be able to run the games that you installed from the games menu of your PSP. Enjoy! NOTE: if this didn't work, or you had any problems extracting the files to your PSP, go back to the Generator do everything you did the first time except uncheck the box that says "Make APPLICABLE Corrupts Hidden (NOT ALL EMULATORS ALLOW!!!!!)".

Q: I dont understand the instructions on how to use the Generator that were given in the Read before You Post topic! Help!
A: Your in luck! Theres another great forum topic posted by don. You can find it here - http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439

Q: How can I tell what version of firmware I'm getting without opening the box?
A: Consult this image - http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/4298/code15ie.jpg, and all your problems will be solved.

Q: How can I make my roms run smoother?
A: This question has many answers. First off, some roms just wont run smooth no matter what you do. At this time, the PS1 and VBA emulators have horrible framerates and are far from playable no matter what game you use. Some SNES games will not run smooth either. However, anything before the SNES and most of the earlier SNES roms are able to run at very playable framerates. The best way to make your roms run smoothly is to always run at 333mhz for your Genesis and SNES roms. This hasn't been proven to cause any damage to your PSP, nor has it been proven to be safe, use at Your Own Risk. You can also decrease lag by increasing your frameskip.

Q: I dont understand how to use the [insert random emu here] emualtor, please help!

A: Because of the vast amount of questions about emulators that you can have, I will give general advice for this section. Before you do ANYTHING, you should read the readme provided with the emulator. If that readme happens to be in a different language, feel free to jump right to step two :D. Before asking your questions on the forums, please consult this site made by danopoly - http://www.godano.cjb.net. If that failed to answer your question, you should only then proceed to post a question on the site.

Q: Why did my post asking for or containing a link to ROMs/Loaders/ISOs/Pirated Files get deleted?
A: Why? Because they are illegal. It is OK to post news about them, but be very careful around links, and direct advice on where to aquire these illegal files. Follow that advice and you should be free of hostile posts and PMs from site mods and admins.

Q: This brand-new emulator/homebrew just came out but it doesn't work! Help!
A: Most of the homebrew/emulators that are released for the first time are in beta. This means there are many quirks with it that cause it not to work for various people. Sometimes you just can't be helped. So if you can't get it to work after your first post asking for help, please just wait for a newer version and try it out then.

Q: Why was I yelled at for my signature being to big?
A: Because there are limits to what you can have. Consult this topic - http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=311

Q: The emulators give me the option of running on either 222, 266, or 333mhz. Will my PSP be damaged if I run 333?
A: Nothing has been proven either way on this point. We really dont know for sure if it will harm your PSP. IMHO though, I would just run on 333mhz. My PSP hasn't heated up once or shown any signs of damage and I run at 333mhz all the time. So, in conclusion, just use 333mhz whenever it is needed to make a game run smoothly, and it shouldnt break your PSP. DISCLAIMER: If it does happen to break your PSP, don't look at me! =;

Q: Who is Mailas, and what is wrong with his grammer?
A: Mailas plays a crucial role in this forum, he is the forum dunce :lol: . No forum is complete without one, so try not to scare him away. His role is to spam as much as possible and add his badly spelled too sents into every topic. Just try not to take things he says to seriously as he often changes his opinion and has been noted to tell people to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware, meanwhile saying in a post 1 minute later that 2.0 sucks and 1.5 rocks.

NOTE: Please feel free to post anything you think I missed in the format I used above and I will add it to the guide. Also, if the mods don't want that Mailas bit in there, feel free to delete it. I just couldnt resist! :oops:
Last edited by Terdinglage on Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:37 pm

Q: Who is Mailas, and what is wrong with his grammer?
A: Mailas plays a crucial role in this forum, he is the forum dunce :lol: . No forum is complete without one, so try not to scare him away. His role is to spam as much as possible and add his badly spelled too sents into every topic. Just try not to take things he says to seriously as he often changes his opinion and has been noted to tell people to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware, meanwhile saying in a post 1 minute later that 2.0 sucks and 1.5 rocks.

NOTE: Please feel free to post anything you think I missed in the format I used above and I will add it to the guide. Also, if the mods don't want that Mailas bit in there, feel free to delete it. I just couldnt resist! :oops:

Dude...this is awesome..hahah, you shuold get this page locked up so Mailas here...wont make this topic and spamming one too...heheh..so can someone(mod or admin) please lock this up???

* I love this forum..
<<

dodge

Hosting Admin

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:49 am

looool thats gr8 would help if they actually read it before posting tho :P
im back for good !!

<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:13 am

just post a link to this whenever someone asks something answered here.
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:40 pm

agreed... just a little idea. instead of having to come and find this topic, just paste it at the bottom of your sig. so everyone can see it and will click on it and will see and read it.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:52 pm

If someone could write up a tutorial for DOOM PSP I would appreciate it. Thats one thing I don't have much expertise at all in...
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:51 pm

added how to use neo geo cd to the list, thanks aesoprock!
<<

Mailas

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:59 pm

hehe.Guys I noticed that monkey max has to practicly always say this:
"extract it directly to the root of your psp"
and I notice that.So for people hu are having a bit of trouble understanding what the root of your memory stick is well:
1.Its not MP_ROOT, tats for your movies.
2.Its when you first enter your memory stick.For example:
Do some of u have a window pop up when u go into usb connection?And when u scroll down and it sais : Click Here To view Files?
Well when you click that well thats the root of your memory stick.

Hope tat helped some of y'al!
<<

Samineru

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:32 pm

you intentionally spelled that horribly...right?
<<

bclowe

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:39 pm

you should include the downgrader and the 2.0 eboot since theyve been out a while
<<

Mailas

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:20 pm

yea but not many people are having trouble with it.Too bad we cant put the tutorial for that on the Tutorials section.
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:22 pm

you intentionally spelled that horribly...right?

..............I hope so.........
A recent study shows that 98% of all
teenagers smoke pot, or have tried pot.
If you are one of the 79% of those who
don't give a sh*t, post this in your signature.

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:57 pm

maybe now you should add how to put the new GBA emulator on now.
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:24 pm

i could do that for anyone that wants me to... should i?
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:33 pm

if you want to add a tutorial on gba, that would be great, But its soo simple for 1.1 now. All you do is just put the rom in GBA without percent, and your done! Its that simple, but maybe you could explain it better. :lol:
Next

Return to BrewPack! Generator