Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

A paranoid question...

<<

TheMadman

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:47 pm

A paranoid question...

Hey, I know I sound a little paranoid (but who wouldnt be with a system as great as the PSP?) In the uo_SNES emulator, there is the option to adjust the PSP CPU speed from 222 to 266 or 333. It runs real nice on the 333 setting, but I'm worried about overheating the processor or something. If anyone knows more about this than I do, please help a paranoid soul such as myself. Thanks.
"My image spoke to me, yes to me, and often said: You are the son of incestuous union."
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:50 pm

Nothing has been confirmed either way. I would just run it on 333mhz. If it has the ability to do that, it prolly wont burn out. But turn it off if it ever gets hot. Mine hasn't even gotten hot before when I run on 333, I think it just drains more battery.
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:55 pm

Terdinglage wrote:Nothing has been confirmed either way. I would just run it on 333mhz. If it has the ability to do that, it prolly wont burn out. But turn it off if it ever gets hot. Mine hasn't even gotten hot before when I run on 333, I think it just drains more battery.

LOL...prolly wont burn out..hehe, nah..i don't know, no one has had a problem with it soo far..so i guess its ok to put it too 333mhz.

*but just inace it does..you $250.00?hehe..and if you're asking why..its to get a new one if the other one "burns" out..nah..it shouldnt have any problem :wink:
<<

AeSoPrOcK

Brewer
Brewer

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:51 pm

I would just put in in sleep mode after an hr or two and let it rest - should be fine plus u can give your hands a rest =P
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:32 pm

It's been confirmed by Sony that newer games will eventually run at 333Mhz. I know Gran Turismo will be one of them. The problem now is the battery life. My guess is Sony may come out with a better battery so they can make better looking games. So I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing to worry about is if someone uncapped the clock and overclocked it past 333Mhz.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

TheMadman

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:02 pm

Thanks for the help, I'll just keep it at 333 from now on.
"My image spoke to me, yes to me, and often said: You are the son of incestuous union."
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:34 pm

TheMadman wrote:Thanks for the help, I'll just keep it at 333 from now on.

no problem man, if you ever need help with anything else..just ask around...they have great helpers :D
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:56 am

Although Sony says 333mhz is ok, always be careful. People are coding this and mistakes do happen.

So just make sure you psp is NOT overheating, etc.... This is brew you must always be aware.

hehe... not to scare you guys... its just caution prevents errors...
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:30 am

AeSoPrOcK wrote:I would just put in in sleep mode after an hr or two and let it rest - should be fine plus u can give your hands a rest =P

didnt the manual for the psp say something about playing it for an hour and half? but sure. i guess you can it farther..hehehe

-yes monkeymaximus..we will be more careful cause it is brew.
-BUT if by chance it does heat up and just dies on me or you guys..you people have $250.00 right? hehehe... :D
<<

notjy

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:01 pm

Terdinglage wrote:If it has the ability to do that, it prolly wont burn out.

"Hmm, this canyon doesn't seem to have any rails, I must be able to safely jump down it's jagged walls without any harm."
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:18 pm

Hmm, this canyon doesn't seem to have any rails, I must be able to safely jump down it's jagged walls without any harm.

LMFAO!!!!!
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Money Loo

Young Brewer

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:06 pm

I've run my psp for hours with the ac adapter at 333MHz while playing FF3, indeed the psp does start to get a little hot...however it doesn't seem to be a problem...think about it...Sony (hopefully) wouldn't stick a 333 processor in a system if they didn't provide adequate venting ... then again...this is the same company that said ps1 never overheated, and legions of people had to turn their systems upside down to let it vent properly :lol:

Return to BrewPack! Generator