Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Help with Doom .wad files

<<

Greene_Giant

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:47 am

Help with Doom .wad files

I have the doom program and I know you have to have wad files. I have ultimate DOOM CD so i have the wads i just need to know where to put the files. Do I create folders? I'm having a real hard time figuring out where to put wad files. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
"Keep the ROCK in your socks!"
<<

A new B not C

Young Brewer

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:14 am

Put it in the WAD folder and name it DOOM.WAD, but even though you have the ultimate doom , i dont think you get the last 4th episode, i think it only knows of the regular doom, because when i tried putting the ultimate doom on thre, it only showed the first 3 episodes
<<

Greene_Giant

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:16 am

Doom2?

So it wont recognise Doom 2 .wads?
<<

A new B not C

Young Brewer

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:39 pm

Yes it will, but it will only play 1 WAD file, so youd have to go on your computer to switch it, name the doom 2 wad file DOOM2.WAD. I know a trick to have 2 wad files at once (so you can have doom 1 and doom 2 running) get PSickoportable, and convert that folder (DOOM-PSP and the DOOM-PSP%) so it will make the corrupted data dissappear. Then, get that same folder, but dont convert it. You can only have those 2 because the WADS have to be in the directory(or converted directory) DOOM-PSP
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:43 pm

does the version of Doom allow for hidden corrupts? Can I get a confirmation? Then i will switch the mode on the Pack Generator.
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

A new B not C

Young Brewer

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:20 pm

Hold on, let me place it on my 1 gig stick to see if it does support it.

EDIT: Yes, it does, my file names are:
DOOM 1
DOOM1~1%

just in case
<<

A new B not C

Young Brewer

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Oh yeah, I just found out today, if you have ultimate doom, name the wad file DOOMU.WAD so it will be ultimate doom
<<

Greene_Giant

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:52 am

Doom wad

Still dont know where to put the wad file, and does it need its own folder, and its version 1.1 , do i need doom v. 2.0? I've tried almost everything! I need a walkthrough if someone would help me. Thanks
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:55 am

You don't need to ahve the 2.0 version. are you sure you did EVERYTHING? just re-look through it, did you extract directly to your PSP?

PSPortable
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:50 am

I think someone who knows how to do this should really make a tutorial for our tutorial section.
<<

jasonrobinson_uk

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:26 am

i dont own doom can i still get the wad files from somewhere

what can i do to play doom and goldeneye would be better i mean how could i get these wad files it cant be hard can it ??????????????????
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:54 pm

ok heres tutorial for noobs:

Go here to download the newset Doom-PSP(http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/ ... ,0,12,1470) after you need to download SeiPSPTool(http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/ ... 0,0,40,910) once you download the Doom-PSP open SeiPSPTool and look at the pic below Image slect the whole folder of PSP-DOOM That you just downloaded make sure everthing is the same as mine and aslo change the drive to the drive your psp on then click generate and export to 1.50 heres another pic if u cant find generate Image after that go into youe psp and go into the game folder and find the doom one with out the % and click it then find the WADS floder and open it then place all wads their with this new version wad file names do not have to be in caps so doom1.wad *note here are what you should rename some of your wad files to quake1.was=doom1.wad quake2.wad=doom2.wad goldeneye.wad=doom2.wad if this tutoraial is used anywhere else please give me credit D3VIL'sAdvocate
ImageImage
<<

zero25112

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:07 pm

where can i get the wad files for doom 2,3 and quake
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:48 pm

psp-hacks.com
ImageImage
<<

Sdcanyon

Young Brewer

Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:39 pm

D3VILsAdvocate wrote: after that go into youe psp and go into the game folder and find the doom one with out the % and click it then find the WADS floder and open it then place all wads their with this new version wad file names do not have to be in caps so doom1.wad *note here are what you should rename some of your wad files to quake1.was=doom1.wad quake2.wad=doom2.wad goldeneye.wad=doom2.wad if this tutoraial is used anywhere else please give me credit D3VIL'sAdvocate

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Can you break your sentence into multiple sentences and clarify what you are saying?

What I think I got from this quote is that the "DOOM" mod will only recognize doom1.wad and doom2.wad, and maybe a doomu.wad?

Also, can you only have 2 wads in the wads folder at one time? IE: doom1.wad & doom2.wad
Next

Return to BrewPack! Generator