Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:54 pm

[360] Mod/Get Any Achievement

-Materials
-Steps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*DISCLAIMER* If you follow this tutorial to a T, you shouldn't have any problems. DO NOT GET A TON OF ACHIEVEMENTS ALL AT ONCE, AND DON'T GET ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS OFFLINE. Me and any other member on the brewology network will not be held for your dumb mistakes. We will try to help you, but we are not responsible for the end result. So on with the tutorial.

What is this for?

This guide is for using Modio (or any software that can extract files from a xbox 360 storage device) to extract your profile, use profile editor to get any achievement you want, and then to inject your profile back. I really only done this on another account my buddy had that wasn't being used anymore just to see how it works and if the account would get banned, and it didn't :p

Materials

You will need for this:
-Modio
-Profile Editor 2.5
-A USB flash drive, memory unit, or a way to connect your HDD to your computer
-You can refer to here and here for my tutorial on connecting your HDD

Steps

1. Go ahead and skip to step 2 if you already have your HDD/memory unit connected or already have a formatted USB flash drive connected to your computer with your account on it. Modio should be pretty similar to any other program in that you extract your profile and inject the new modded one.

1a. This is off the top of my head so sorry if it is a little innaccurate, to use a flash drive on the 360 all you need to do is back up any info you have. Connect it to the xbox, go to memory management, select the flash drive and press Y then format it or whatever the option is called. Once it is done it will be blank and you will need to move your account to it.

2. Okay next open up Modio, you don't have to register to use the tools. Click the big round button in the top left and go to "Explore My Device". In the window that pops up click File in the top left, then click Open/Close Drive.

3. Now go to the content folder and then open whatever folder has your gamertag name on it. Then go to Profile Storage, then Profiles then you should see a file that starts with like E and then a bunch of numbers/letters. Right click that file and extract it somewhere that you will remember where it is.

4. Open up Profile Editor next, click Open in the top left and find that file that you just extracted and open it. Note: Before you make changes it's probably a good idea to back up your profile before you make changes to it. Once your account is loaded on the left side you can click on whatever game you want to modify the achievements for.

5. Click on whatever achievement you want to add and on the bottom right (the red square box that I marked in the screenshot) you can click on either locked, offline, or online. Obviously locked is for an unlocked achievement, offline is for an achievement you "unlocked" offline and then online you can specify the date and time you unlocked it online, and then click set. This is good for multiplayer achievements. Also whatever order you unlock them in will be the order they show up on your account, so if you mess up the order you can relock them or unlock them again to change the order.

6. Once you are done adding any achievements then click Save in the top left and close the program.

7. Open up Modio again and explore your device if you aren't still there, and go back to the folder that holds your account. Right click in the white space, click Insert File and overwrite the file that is already there with your modded account file.

8. Close the drive, and plug it back up to your 360 and check out your new achievements :D Remember don't go over board though, mostly likely if M$ does anything though your gamerscore will get reset so mod in moderation!
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: [360] Mod/Get Any Achievement

awesome. great tutorial!
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 am

You need a modified xbox to get this to work, right?
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:18 am

Nope. You can do this on any 360 iirc.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 am

ace wrote:Nope. You can do this on any 360 iirc.

whats iirc? :oops:
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm

lol, stands for if I remember correctly
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh... I is now feel dumb :/ :P
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Yep, I'd actually suggest you get "Horizon 360" if you want to do this now just because it is being readily updated and the gui is just so much more sexy than any other program I've used for the 360 so far. This is still a good free alternative though.

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials