<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:38 pm

LeapFrog® Didj

So, a few days ago, I got a LeapFrog Didj. For free. I'm not going to say how, but I did. I mounted it and was editing with some system files and started editing some games. Figured out a way to illegally copy games and run them like you would with .ISO files for the PSP or Wii but much more simpler.
I need a UART cart to have root access but besides that, I'll be able to do a lot with this puppy.

I know you're like, "Whoa, that is gay. Why waste your time?" Well, let me just say it's based on ARM Linux and has a ~400 MHz processor. :) Faster than the PSP.

What's next? Well, I've modified a game and I'm trying to get root access through that. I need my other laptop soon so I can install Cyqwin and run the building environment to port over all my PSP games and some of the ones I never released. ;)

<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:40 am

Re: LeapFrog® Didj

crait wrote:I know you're like, "Whoa, that is gay. Why waste your time?" Well, let me just say it's based on ARM Linux and has a ~400 MHz processor. :) Faster than the PSP.

makes me like it already :P
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: LeapFrog® Didj

So, this weekend, I've been without internet so I've had plenty of time to mess with my Didj in the car. Using the included software, I believe I've found a way to partially root the system and technically 'pseudo-flash' files to the kernal. Gotta check with some more developers (I'm doing that now) before I can say for sure. I was able to 'pseudo-flash' a boot screen. :D This could be really, really good. It would make buying a card off the internet unnecessary! :D
Among other things, I've messed with some of the internal files, hacked some of the My Screens and modified some of POW game.

Return to Developers & Programming