Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Help Downgrading Sys Menu 3.4U without internet connection

<<

chriswall20

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:27 am

Help Downgrading Sys Menu 3.4U without internet connection

Please help I have trawled everywhere trying to find an answer to this problem.

I have a JAP Wii serial LJH10660111 Model RVL-001(JPN) 2006

I have bootmii ver 1.1b installed, (have backed up NAND), and the homebrew channel 1.0.6 installed but need to change the sys menu to english so that my little girl (5) can use it.

Bootmii gives following info: Console ID 027a6a9c sys 3.4U boot1b boot2v2 NAND 40.1%

I have no internet access and can't set it up because, when I try to enter system setting menu the screen goes black then a white page with and error message can not access marc:JP/JP/JPN/index01.html appears and I can't get rid of it without returning to the menu or rebooting. I have tried USB -LAN adaptor but still no internet access and no way of changing wifi settings due to error above.

When trying to run anyregion changer I get errors ES_Identify (ret-1017) and ES_OpenTitleContent (ret-1026)

I tried loading winonkoko's Cios ver 14 loader but get error -2011 at final writing ios stage followed by reset.

All methods for downgrading I've found require an internet connection which I am unable to setup, because I need to downgrade first to get rid of system setting menu error!

Please Please Someone must know of a way of downgrading from 3.4U to 3.2 without an internet connection

Would using bootmii to restore the NAND of a european wii over the current JAP wii solve both problems at the same time?

I also have a european wii serial LEH21278475 running sys menu 3.3E, and internet connection. Hackmii says that bootmii can only be installed as an IOS, would this be advisable at all in order to back up this sytems NAND with a view of cloning it to the jap console?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting nagged tireless as we speak!
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

I like what your thinking about moving nand over but it cannot be done, Bootmii wouldn't let it for a good reason if it did your wii would brick because of too much confliction etr etr,
"I have no internet access and can't set it up because, when I try to enter system setting menu the screen goes black then a white page"
You have a half brick glad you said before it became a full the advise i can give you is use a waninkoko 4.0 updater that can be used with no internet aswell, and the main reason your internet isnt working is because of the half brick.

the -2011 error i belive is because it can't find a trucha'd bug, you will need to use nociosfix in order to use waninkoko's 4.0 updater, also when u use nociosfix you will have to have nothing else on your SD card or on your wii. E.G illegal channels that shouldnt be there, *may have to check up on the second one*
Can i ask why you want to downgrade to 3.2 as there is no real difference now, and if you cannot install bootmii as boot2 you most likely have boot2v4 + you must have a fixed boot1, Basicly however if you did downgrade to 3.2 there is a chance you can brick due to some boot1 boot2v4 wiis having hardware that doesn't let them downgrade before 3.4, just be lucky you couldn't or we could have another gbafail.net thread saying "HELP FULL BRICKED WHAT CAN I DO!"
basicly do this:
nociosfix + nothing else on sd card
waninkoko 4.0 updater, any region changes to change the region and if you can downgrade to 3.4 because 3.2 may brick you or just change your rejoin to PAL or NTSC pal = europe NTSC = american.
Being redone
<<

chriswall20

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:14 am

Thanks for response.

Just to clarify JPWii has boot1b and boot2v2.

Not completely bothered about sys v3.2 just want to be able to get to a state where I can move on and change the menu to English for my daughter, and run backups because as you know kids destroy DVDs just by looking at them and if she couldn't play Dora anymore my life would be hell.

Can you direct me to tutorial / files for Nociosfix and waninkoko 4.0 updater?

On the NAND transfer front there is a linux / python program that apparently will patch a donor NAND to fit but:
boot1 ver must be exactly the same and boot2 must be equal or lower. However issues could arise if bad blocks on a bricked Wii line up with essential sys files from donor Wii. One to keep an eye on but I would rather avoid if possible.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:30 am

NoCiosFix is in my tutorial + linked with download waninkoko im google first page you see. also u sure u cant install bootmii nand?
Being redone
<<

SueHarrigan

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:04 am

Re: Help Downgrading Sys Menu 3.4U without internet connecti

Thanks for the info. I am glad while searching for USPS guide online, I found your post.
<<

danielusa0106

Post Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:38 pm

Re: Help Downgrading Sys Menu 3.4U without internet connecti

Downgrading Sys Menu 3.4U without an internet connection is not possible because to do that an internet connection is required to download the documents. https://wordle-2.com

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials