Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Neogamma Loading Issue - with cIOS36_rev16

<<

yesrob999

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am

Neogamma Loading Issue - with cIOS36_rev16

I have installed cIOS36_rev16 on my 3.2U wii. The original RB2 now works but I cannot load my other games. My old backup lancher does not work because I need neogamma. I installed neogamma r8 beta 16 as a .dol file. The neogamma menu come up but it wont load the games.

1) do I need to install this as a Wad.. where can I get this
2) am I missing something
3) do I need to install cIOS36_rev14? Am I able to revert back to this?
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 am

You can always revert to a different revision of a custom IOS. The installer should just overwrite the one you have with the one you're installing. (The same thing is not necessarily safe for official Nintendo IOS's.)

What happens when you try to load games other than RB2?
<<

yesrob999

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks! -- I was able to reinstall CIOS with rev14 and fix all my other issues.. watching the 3.0-4.1 sofmod tutorial on youtube helped as well. I would not recommend cIOSrev16 as it does not work with Neogamma, it's also stated in the read me text.
I have installed cioscorpv3.3 and now most games come up in the upperleft corner.
Mario Tennis, FIFA, PESoccer and some others say update system.. but these load now with Neogamma V7.

Beatles RB, SMB, and Wii Resort do not work at all.

1) Do you know if a new version of Neogamma wad will fix this?
2) Should I download Priiloader?
3) and of course my homebrew is upside.. should I just load hackmii installer and reinstall HBC I already have v6?
4) I assume that I should stay on version 3.2U is that correct?
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 am

Beatles RB, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports Resort all can cause fits with loader programs. I only got NSMB to work by grabbing a patched ISO. If you can't find one, there are instructions out there for how to patch your own image.

The problem with Wii Sports Resort seems to stem from a movie it plays the first time the game is started. (Something about the Wii Motion Plus, I'm told.) There are guides floating around that tell you how to get it to skip that movie. Once you start the game successfully, the game save that it creates tells it not to play that movie anymore and you can load the game normally. I have a guide bookmarked at home, and will try to remember to post it here later tonight.

I think reinstalling the hbc will fix the upside down problem. If you have cioscorp installed, the hackmii installer might not work. Feel free to give it a try, though. At worst, the installer will complain about not being able find a valid IOS to use. If that's the case, you might want to look into updating cioscorp to v3.6. I've read that that version supports the hackmii installer.

As long as everything works on version 3.2, stick with it. The only reason I ran an update package was because some newer WiiWare wads wouldn't work without some of the newer system files.
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:12 pm

<<

BobHarrell

Post Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:00 am

Re: Neogamma Loading Issue - with cIOS36_rev16

It appears that putting a disc (any disc) into the drive is mandatory for some games. Before inserting a disc for testing, trap the cat try doing so. Put a notation in the Notes section if the disc must be inserted for it to work.
<<

amityusa0106

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Neogamma Loading Issue - with cIOS36_rev16

The information you shared is very accurate, it gives me the knowledge that I need to learn. Thank you for sharing this useful information.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials