Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

dvd playback on wii and other issues

<<

stonem77

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 pm

dvd playback on wii and other issues

Hello I installed the tp hack and followed instructions for my 3.4u system and as per the tutorial updated to system 4.1. During the install i selected the dvdx program to install but it doesnt show up. i even reloaded the hbc after it got flipped upside down. and tried to instal the dvd prog again..... any ideas?

Also i installed the wbfs utility on my pc and formatted and partitioned it with the wbfs program says its good to go. Tried to dump a iso using isodumper to the hd connected to the wii and it said error am i missing a step the hd is formatted so it is empty. thanks in advance

Stoney
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

the dvdx program is a hidden program, also before you format a drive into wbfs you have to first format it to a disk letter say C for example otherwise it won't work.
by hidden program i mean it works but you won't see it work for example apps on HBC that let u watch dvd's will use it but you won't see it and their isnt a physical channel
Being redone
<<

stonem77

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 am

thanks

K so i got my backup game to work that i had burned alright so that is all good. When i setup the hard drive i did a 500 gig partition and it has two different drive letters one is f: the other is s: is there anything else i need to do to get the wii to work with it i can physically open the folders on my pc but it is formatted and still empty i was trying to use iso dump program to back my originals up to the wbfs drive
<<

stonem77

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 am

thanks

Just wanna say figured it all out now my discs are being backed up to my HD

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials