<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:53 pm

Smash bros brawl was a bit...

imo i thought that Brawl was a bit of a bust, i'm not saying its bad, but i think that the Hype as well as the expectations made the game seem just too similar to Melee, and not giving me any kind of appeal as a unique game. Idk, just my thoughts.
Steeler12
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 pm

100% agreed
<<

fightingfish18

Brewer
Brewer

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:43 pm

yea it was fun, but there was hardly anything new. They shouldn't have made such a hype for paying 50 for a game you probably paid 50 for when u first got ur gamecube....
"I figured this would happen, so I brought the best weapon to operate drunk. A crossbow!!!"
~Homer Simpson
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 pm

mice R nice ~(_"> wrote:100% agreed

200% agreed. My friend Kyle got the game and was so excited to show me how he unlocked all the characters and most of the extras and things, basically bragging that he spent so much time playing and that he is really good, but then I played him (with an old game cube controller) and the gameplay was completely the same only with cheaper weapons that I'd rather turn off anyways, and did, and the characters in general made too many movements/ animations which slows down the pace of the game. But the fact that it's so similar, and also considering that it was my first time playing and I completely wooped my friend who had played the game for at least two days time by then... that's just sad.

It offers very little extra.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:51 pm

39% agree. It has some new elements, improved graphics, and Snake; but the hype was too much.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:31 pm

i just cant seem to imagine myself playing this game over the next few years as i did with Melee since 2001. The thing is that melee was great over that time, and this new game just isnt as innovative or original to provide me with a great party game that will last.
Steeler12
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:35 pm

I didn't get into melee, and the online is the only way for me to play with others. Most of my nearby friends don't have it.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Yeah, the hype has gone out of luck, but the fact its so great, it has all the original veteran fighters, more newcomers
and game modes. Plus, the fun can't go away if you play with your friends once a while.

The problem is people are just comparing this to Melee too much.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Slick wrote:The problem is people are just comparing this to Melee too much.

Well... YEA... it's a game's sequel. It's Nintendo's version of "Halo" on their last generation system. I think it's very fair to compare it to Melee, and when you do, it seems to fall short. It's a good game, sure, but it was a good game 8 years ago. They do very little to offer "change" in the series. For instance, remember the original SSB game on N64? - of course you guys do. It's a classic now.

Well, when they wen't from the first SSB game to Melee, people compared Melee to SSB and it was completely fair to compare it. Why? - because it's a sequel... of course. But now, people are comparing SSB Melee to SSB Brawl and there are people saying that it is unfair or that it's a "problem" to compare the two. Why? - because they don't want to admit that it falls short of their expectations.

Don't be in denial. It's not nearly as good as it should have been/ was hyped.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:20 pm

Its Super Smash Bros. you cant change too much in it.
Melee wasn't too different from the OG so what did you expect?
You don't complain this much when theres a new Madden or Tony Hawk game so don't complain here.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm not trying to complain. All I'm trying to say is that it's so similar that it's not worth me getting. I don't have a Wii, but still, that game sure won't make me buy one. All I meant to say is that it fell short. Melee was on spot. It had 26 characters, tons of stages, while keeping key ones from the past, and introduced the home run mode, different special melee matches etc. In the new old one, you had only 12 characters, and 8 were all that was available to start with. In Melee, you had 26 characters, and you started with 15 of them.

Going to brawl, they didn't change things in a good way, IMO. For instance, the home run mode is too easy, there aren't a vastly improved character count, and they didn't even keep all of the stages from the old game. I would have hoped they'd remake ALL of the Melee stages and put them in Brawl. They have the space on the discs, so they should make worthy sequels. Until they do, you won't see my spending a penny, or even a penny's worth of a my time even considering a Wii.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Brawl is a different game. It received good reviews because it wasn't just Melee 2.0. I agree that
most of the characters had become a little slow, there are some move sets missing that they should've kept,
but you got to realize that the game is not Melee, its a totally different experience. If you wanted to play
the game that had "all" things Melee had, then your playing the wrong game.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:27 pm

whatever, i just dont think i'm going to get the same out of it as I did melee, even though it is a different game
Steeler12
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:46 pm

Steeler12 wrote:whatever, i just dont think i'm going to get the same out of it as I did melee, even though it is a different game

That's what I'm saying too. It's not a bad game. I'm even REALLY good at the game... it's just that for me, it's not all about being good or not. The game just ... lacks, idk, that's the best way to describe it. Like Steeler said, he's just not going to get as much out of it. Meanwhile, Super Smash Brothers Melee sits in my Gamecube as we speak, and was played by my friends just the other day.

-DarkPacMan77-

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U