<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm

PS3 backwards Compatability

Is the old 60gb ps3 the only model with full backwards compatibility? Or does the newer MGS 4 edition have it?
Steeler12
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:15 pm

im pretty sure only the old 60 has backwards compatability
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:31 pm

i heard mgs4 one had it. and that early 80 gb ones had SEMI backwards compatibility
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:31 pm

dang... i want a ps3 but i dont want one of the crappy 40gb ones. I guess its ebay for me or something...
Steeler12
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:35 pm

i snagged mine when someone tried to sell it to the gamecrazy i worked at. ps3 for less then 300 dollars ;P
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

what model a 60 or 40?
Steeler12
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:41 pm

60. im looking for a 40 though. i bet i could sell this 60 gb one for much more on ebay than what i paid for it. ill probably do that. wait till someone tries to sell their 40 gb at the store i work at, buy it for cheapo due to price drop, sell 60 and make a profit. i have a modded ps2 i dont really need backwards compatibility
<<

sonic

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:46 pm

damn I cnt even remember how many gigs mine is, but bought it wen it came out with Resistance n Motorstorm n it does have backward compatability. Is this just me, wen I buy a ps3 I want to play PS3 games on it. Theres really no point complaining that u cnt play ps1 n 2 games on the ps3. The backward compatability shudnt really have an effect on a persons choice to buy the ps3. 1 thing av cn a couple of ppl do n that really pisses me off is that they spent alot of money on the ps3 but then the y f**k buy ps2 games n play them on the f**k ps3. Wats the point in having a ps3 if u goner just play ps2 games on it, u shud just stick 2 the ps2 if all u want 2 do is play ps2 games. (This is just me takin mi fraustration out, better out than in)
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Im going to answer that question with a 360 (i dont have a PS3).......

I have a 360....cool and all. Never had the original. Everyone says Halo and Halo 2 are awesome......i dont want to go buy a Xbox to play them. I want to be able to put those in and play like normal.

This would be the same as PS3. (idk a game to go along with it tho). You watching ur cousin play a new game he bought and its the 5th in the series. You go buy a PS3 and the game and you REALLY enjoy it but there is some spots that dont make since. Instead buying a PS2 (or even 1) to play the whole series just buy the games and ur ready to go.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:10 pm

Really even though I think its a dumb move on sony, what games do you really need to play that are from ps1 / ps2? If you want to play them that bad can't you just download them? Like on a psp?
<<

sonic

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:17 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:Im going to answer that question with a 360 (i dont have a PS3).......

I have a 360....cool and all. Never had the original. Everyone says Halo and Halo 2 are awesome......i dont want to go buy a Xbox to play them. I want to be able to put those in and play like normal.

This would be the same as PS3. (idk a game to go along with it tho). You watching ur cousin play a new game he bought and its the 5th in the series. You go buy a PS3 and the game and you REALLY enjoy it but there is some spots that dont make since. Instead buying a PS2 (or even 1) to play the whole series just buy the games and ur ready to go.

I get wat ur saying, but I assume most people who have a ps3 have had the ps2. In that sense you wud have already played the previous installments of that game (lyk ma self here). If u just switched from xbox for example to a ps3, then that wud b just stupid. I just dnt think the backward compatability is such a big thing that shud affect your decision on whether to buy a ps3.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:18 pm

From PS1 games sure.....but PS2 games u cant really.

Im more going on backwards compat in all consoles.

One success of the Wii is the game channel
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, I would like to play Star Wars Battlefront on the PS3 or GTA Vice City instead of getting 4. Ya' know?
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:51 pm

sonic wrote:
BKFraiders7 wrote:Im going to answer that question with a 360 (i dont have a PS3).......

I get wat ur saying, but I assume most people who have a ps3 have had the ps2. In that sense you wud have already played the previous installments of that game (lyk ma self here). If u just switched from xbox for example to a ps3, then that wud b just stupid. I just dnt think the backward compatability is such a big thing that shud affect your decision on whether to buy a ps3.

heres why its a big deal to me, while i do agree with you mostly. I just recently got a ps2 from a friend. its big and bulky, and i only ever used it to play GOW 1. So when i'm looking fora ps3, why would i want to spend 400 or 500 dollars for something that can do "most" things when the version that i want has Everything i want in it for only 100 dollars more (which may be a lot of money, but when you are spending that much money anyway...) I have the MGS collection and i want to be able to play it as well as GOW I, and II on my ps3 that i just payed upward of 500 dollars for.

That way i can ditch my ps2 so i have more room and dont have to use a crappy wired controller and have 2 systems plugged in when i could just have 1. Also i could sell the PS2. Do you kind of get my point?
Steeler12
<<

sonic

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:26 pm

yh I get wat ur sayin

Return to PlayStation 3