<<

Pliskin

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:37 pm

Ps3 news

Hello PS3brew members! I've decided to make a news topic here in the forums for PS3. I tried asking one of the mods if I can be a news poster (not gonna give a name) and one of them told me that none of the admins talked to him about it yet so I decided to post all ps3 news here instead. Hope you enjoy :D
(I will try the best I can to post up as many new info about the ps3 and feel free to comment about the news I found) *News found:4, Posted:2*

Title: New Uncharted PS3 160 gig bundle

On August 20th at the Leipzig Gaming Convention, a new Uncharted PS3 160 gig bundle has been announced. The reason for releasing this new bundle is to help support their new video delivery service that was released during E3 a few months ago (more space for your downloads from psn). The draw back on this bundle is that the system may not have backwards capability (almost the same as the new 80 gig model that replaced the 40 gig). The bundle will cost $499.99 (MSRP). The announcement also said that the bundle is due out this November.

Contents of the new bundle:
• 160 gig PS3 system
• Dualshock 3 controller
• Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (game)
• Voucher code for the game “Pain”

For more info, just check out http://blog.us.playstation.com
(hopefully this is good enough)
Last edited by Pliskin on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Pliskin

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Resistance 2 Collectors editon revealed

Sept 02, 2008, a collector’s edition version of Resistance 2 was revealed from Insomniac Games. Not only that, but there is new info about the long anticipated public beta of Resistance 2.
*Release Date: November 4, 2008*

Here are the contents of the collector’s edition:
• Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans
• An exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye, created by DC Unlimited
• A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives
• Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin
The collector’s edition also contains a bonus DVD that includes:
• Exclusive behind the scenes video, “America Forever Lost”, chronicling the making of Resistance 2
• Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.
• A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, “Resistance: The Gathering Storm” by science fiction author William Dietz.
• “Shattered History” Resistance timeline movie– providing a story overview from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the beginning of Resistance 2.
This collector’s edition will surely please fans of the game. The collector’s edition will retail to $79.99. Last but not least, if you pre-order the game from a (North American) GameStop retail store (original/collector’s edition) you will get premiere access to the beta. If not and you are a PSN Qore subscriber you will get into the beta. If all else fails just go to http://beta.myresistance.net/apply and fill out the application to get into the beta. The beta release is in October.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 pm

That bundle is sweet, but I wish it had BC =/.
I will be getting R2 the day it comes out! That game will be tight playing with friends on online coop.

Return to PlayStation 3