Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:15 pm

lol didnt noah right the old testements in the middle of the desert too??

i ment but "Why didnt jesus come in 3000 B.C.? or even before?" as in like why come at the time he came? why no later or sooner?

And MMMMMAAAANNNNNNNYYYYYYYY people i have asked Dont consider Baptists, Mormons or Catholics Chritains, they all have their own bible lol....

But i just want to know, why do you believe in the relgion you do and not another one? hmmm and logical guess tells me its because your parents believe in that relgion, you where THOUGHT to think that way since you were born.

Also you didnt answer why such horrible things happen to children, when jesus loves children and died for them.

And NO I DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS EXISTED ANYMORE, when i found out only 2 historians out of the 20 talks about him, i kinda started to doubt in my mind. And these two historians only wrote a line or two about him.
Correct me if im wrong, maybe the person who told me this was lying, if they were please provide proof because i really want to know if thats true
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:40 pm

farquezy wrote:lol didnt noah right the old testements in the middle of the desert too??

It wasn't just Noah that wrote them. And Noah didn't write much about Biblical doctrines, but the stuff Muhammad wrote were religious doctrines. Was it the Koran? The Muslim Bible. It contradicts itself quite a bit and it says "Death to all infidels". But people from Amercia night still join this religion and the god wants them all dead lol, the only thing they see about the religion is the peaceful side. I forget much about this book but I know it wasn't well written.

farquezy wrote:i ment but "Why didnt jesus come in 3000 B.C.? or even before?" as in like why come at the time he came? why no later or sooner?

How could Jesus come in 3000 B.C? It was 3000 years before his time. You can't be somewhere 3000 years before you came somewhere.

farquezy wrote:And MMMMMAAAANNNNNNNYYYYYYYY people i have asked Dont consider Baptists, Mormons or Catholics Chritains, they all have their own bible lol....

Thats true, but they have the same general belief of God. But What you are probably thinking of is Protestants. Protestants are basically Baptists, Lutherans, Nondenominational. Catholicism is on a separate branch, thats why people came to America to get away from the Roman Catholic and for separation of church and state.

farquezy wrote:But i just want to know, why do you believe in the relgion you do and not another one? hmmm and logical guess tells me its because your parents believe in that relgion, you where THOUGHT to think that way since you were born.

No my parents aren't very religious people and they never forced me to go to church. Just because someone believes in something doesn't mean they where drowned in it when they were born. I believe in Christianity because of its beliefs and morals and its prophecies and historical proof.

farquezy wrote:Also you didnt answer why such horrible things happen to children, when jesus loves children and died for them.

I didn't watch it but if its about fat kids there is such a thing as free will. If we didn't have free will then we would all be perfect. But things happen because people make stupid choices. Oh its probably about skinny kids, well most of those people believe in pagan religions and stuff. Things happen, everything isn't perfect on this earth you know that. People shouldn't blame God for every little thing that is wrong with the world.

farquezy wrote:And NO I DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS EXISTED ANYMORE, when i found out only 2 historians out of the 20 talks about him, i kinda started to doubt in my mind. And these two historians only wrote a line or two about him.
Correct me if im wrong, maybe the person who told me this was lying, if they were please provide proof because i really want to know if thats true

Even the most knowledgeable of Atheists and science people acknowledge he existed, only people that are new to questioning and don't fully understand scripture don't believe in him. I mean during the Bible it talks about real events, the rule of the Romans and Persians and all that stuff. It all actually happened way back when.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:45 am

AdventWolf wrote:
que13x wrote:
AdventWolf wrote:Christians aren't all out harassing people now

You don't live in "The South" do you?

As a matter of fact I do, but I've never seen any 'true' christians or any christian people yelling at people. Maybe They were Catholic.

are you incinuating something about the catholic faith which is the oldest and most respected of all christian churches..... well are u?

ps. anyone who who makes a molestation joke after this is gay
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:07 am

DracoDarco wrote:anyone who who makes a molestation joke after this is gay

Damn!
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 am

Their doctrines have strayed from the true beliefs pretty badly.

'Indulgences' I think they are called, you pay to get rid of your sin so you can go to heaven or something.
I didn't seem to be rude, its just that I have seen a Catholic group, but not a Protestant one. This religion was merged with the state it Rome and they caused havoc and killed and persecuted people because they didn't believe. Don't they worship pictures? Celibacy has no meaning, its not a good idea if you ask me. Purgatory came out of no where in 1439, it was mentioned no where in the Bible. They rather worship the Virgin Mary of Jesus and God, thats not right.
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:07 pm

It seems everyone has ignored my points. ;)

Really though... why give a damn what happened back in the day? I just chill and live my life however the fukk I want.
Image Image
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm

SEGA Game Gear wrote:It seems everyone has ignored my points. ;)

Really though... why give a damn what happened back in the day? I just chill and live my life however the fukk I want.

Will they care because they were thought to think that way ever since they were born.
And i completely agree with you, and they ignore your points because its to strong and they refuse to believe them :)

i urge ALL christains to watch this, if you are really an open minded person, than you will watch this.
I hope you guys are mature enough to watch that completely contredicts everything you believe in.
Watch all of it, and i PROMISE you, you wont think the same after you have finished watching it

http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=196
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 pm

farquezy wrote:i urge ALL christains to watch this, if you are really an open minded person, than you will watch this.
I hope you guys are mature enough to watch that completely contredicts everything you believe in.
Watch all of it, and i PROMISE you, you wont think the same after you have finished watching it

I watched it and what I understand is that you are basing your entire life's philosophy on a George Carlin comedy skit, and not a very good one.

Nice.

Anyone else have any more "convincing" evidence to contribute?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:32 pm

farquezy wrote:Will they care because they were thought to think that way ever since they were born.

Um, actually no you don't know that at all. Actually you don't know anything about me, as for advent or bkf I don't know, but for myself I can say you have no idea how I have been raised, you don't know anything about me other then I'm a strong Christian. That, and you also don't have the right to talk about my life, or anyone elses that you know nothing about. Just because I say that you were raised to disagree with any religion aside from what you believe now, doesn't mean that it is right or that I have the right to say so. I'm just saying, you don't have any idea what you are talking about when you refer to my life, aside from any religion based opinions I have already said.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:37 pm

que13x wrote:
farquezy wrote:i urge ALL christains to watch this, if you are really an open minded person, than you will watch this.

I watched it and what I understand is that you are basing your entire life's philosophy on a George Carlin comedy skit, and not a very good one.

Nice.

Anyone else have any more "convincing" evidence to contribute?
NO WATCH THE WHOLE THINGS!!
thats the trailer lol
at the bottom it says "watch movie"
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 pm

ace_012 wrote:
farquezy wrote:Will they care because they were thought to think that way ever since they were born.

Um, actually no you don't know that at all. Actually you don't know anything about me, as for advent or bkf I don't know, but for myself I can say you have no idea how I have been raised, you don't know anything about me other then I'm a strong Christian. That, and you also don't have the right to talk about my life, or anyone elses that you know nothing about. Just because I say that you were raised to disagree with any religion aside from what you believe now, doesn't mean that it is right or that I have the right to say so. I'm just saying, you don't have any idea what you are talking about when you refer to my life, aside from any religion based opinions I have already said.
i never said you were lol, i just said in general, and i was raised as a STTRRROONNNGGG muslim, converted to christianity because christians scared me into thinking i would go to hell and finally became atheist.

but the statement i said is true, the child learns how to act and what to do from their parents. Always been like that and will always be.
But at we get older we can make our own decisions like i have

I was born a muslim and now im a atheist, thats what i meant to say
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Indulgences where only alllowed so that that church could afford to build the beautiful and historic cathedrals, that we all know and love and also that policy was ended long ago
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Yea guys, farquezy's video is not just the George Carlin bit - though that part does bring up some pretty great points even though they are comical, they're true. The other video is like... 26 minutes long, but it's very informative and I recommend that anyone watch it.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:04 pm

SEGA Game Gear wrote:~Sorry it's kinda long ;)

All right... I'll acknowledge that some of the events in the Bible might have actually taken place. But really, can you believe some of the ridiculous stuff in there? People parting the water in a sea... people rising from the dead... slavery is accepted in parts of the bible, yet now it is said that it is sinful.

I believe the universe was started with some kind of "big bang". What this big bang was can't be proven. People have said that it could be a greater being or a god, or an atomic reaction. There are many theories, but why believe someone else's? Why conform? Why believe a book that was written thousands of years ago? Lack of advanced technology made it easy to pull scams and stunts, There is no way to be sure that any information in the bible is correct. I have been argued with on the grounds that Manuscripts can prove that the events in the bible took place. All types of documents can be forged, especially in ancient times. Also, portions of the bible have been written and added by different people hundreds of years after the first chapters were written! That is Bullsh*t! The King James version, The New Testament, a bunch of books and stuff. Wtf? Why should I believe this stuff? Maybe I should make a chapter in the bible called 'The Book of Sega'. People just make up stories. Why can't people create their own theories? It doesn't make sense to buy into a mass system of religion just because your parents or someone brought you in to it. Discover things for yourself!

Religion is a club. Different clubs hate each other. This could be compared to professional sports and many conflicts and wars. Pointless arguments are the result of a certain system of belief accusing other systems of beliefs wrong because they do not agree on certain factors. Hataz need to chill.

All religions are designed to control society and maintain order. I won't be controlled. I won't be told what to do. Got a problem with it? Are you gonna call the cops? Bring 'em on.

FIGHT THE POWER!

~SEGA Game Gear

What points are you trying to make? I already went over the fact that it is used to control people, I went over what you said about hating, I went over what you said about how ignorant you are being because you think you can just add a book in the Bible, the books that are there already have meaning. I went over what you said about slavery. I went over the book being made 2000 years ago someone in this thread.

HOWEVER, you continue to edge someone to look at it.. HELLO I already wrote about it.

And Farq, I aswell have told you I wasn't scared or born into religion, it's a personal choice. And I don't know why you thing SEGA's points are so strong. I'll watch that video later.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:22 pm

so advent? your parents weren't christian?

and i said as we get older we make our own choices, but the affects and thought our parents put on us in our childhood effect us as well
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat