Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Thank you farquezy. That video you posted is proof that the bible false, but it doesn't stop there. It also shows that the bible is plagiarism and there are hundreds of ways to prove it. You want to know why there is a flood in all of the texts of different religions? You want to know why the number 12 is so synonymous with the entire Bible as well as Egyptian hieroglyphics? Watch that video, pick up your jaw from the floor, and then try to discredit any single point of evidence that video has.

I know, without a doubt, that I can prove any point against that video false.

I always wondered why the Bible was so much like Egyptian teachings, but I never looked to Horus for the similarities... I only wish I would have 6 years ago. I would have been able to understand everything I was trying to prove.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:25 pm

i also encourage ALLL CHRISTAINS, after watching the video and if you dont believe it to look up the facts and see for yourself.

Fun Facts: this video was the video that turned me from a christian to a agnostic, which later on other things made me atheists
I denied it and denied it, and one day i decided to look the things it said up myself, and i seriously changed the way i looked at the world
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 pm

That video is just so powerful... all of the points it makes are completely accurate and precise. That video points reference to more facts than any religion ever has, and explains the origin of religion. If you are currently a believer of a faith, any faith, and you watch that video and still believe that you are correct in your faith, then you're foolish.

-DarkPacMan77-
Last edited by DarkPacMan77 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:40 pm

yah if it is very powerful, ive made 4 people into atheist using that video lol :)

there are also 2 other parts which talk about 9/11 as a inside job and corrupt government
see the full thing here
zeitgeistmovie.com
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:07 pm

I will certainly check them out.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:12 pm

I am still looking for that second film I do not see it but I did see this from the site

[Farquezy] seeks to persuade [his readers] that the authors of the New Testament borrowed the idea of Jesus' virgin birth, disciples, miracles, crucifixion, and resurrection from ancient pagan mystery religions that were around long before the time of Christ [by posting videos of his atheistic views].

I have already stated this. Several people have brought up the fact that the New Testament was assembled how Emperor Constantine wanted it for the creation of his new religion to reshape the "new empire". It has been stated by others and I have done so yet again.

The horse is dead. May we move on?

So the consensus is that Catholicism is bunk. Fine. What about the Protestant movement? No saints and a different interpretation of the scriptures. Lets discuss other religions. Certainly we have given Christianity enough attention.

Anyone have anything nice to say about the origins of Mormonism or is that too close to Christ? What about Budhism? Tao, Zen, Shinto, Hinduism? lets talk extinct beliefs like Celtic or Helenic beliefs. Anyone know what the ancient Egyptian religion was called?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Yea that sounds good, does anyone here have any knowledge of Buddhism, Confucianism, Zen or Hinduism, or possibly some Muslim teachings?
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Not me other than Buddhism branched from Hinduism some time ago.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:25 pm

i have some muslims teaching, and ill tell you one thing i've learned, christians are better at scaring people into their religion than muslims are in my opinion :)

but wait que you confused me, where did you get that qoute from? lol
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:29 pm

I paraphrased giving you credit for the original source which was the site that you linked to.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:53 pm

The only thing I really know about Muslims is that in the Koran it says "Death to all infidels". And Death to all Jewish people and Israel or something.

EDIT: Oh yea, the Jewish people have FLOURISHED in the last 10 years in Israel while the other people like the Palestinians have not made any accomplishments or advancements or developments in technology. Once the Jewish people came, they immediately flourished while other people groups lived there for centuries. Perhaps that is God taking care of his people.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:16 pm

AdventWolf wrote:The Jewish people have FLOURISHED in the last 10 years in Israel while the other people like the Palestinians have not made any accomplishments or advancements or developments in technology.

One explanation may be that Israel has had direct U.S. support since the end of WWII while the Palestinians do not even have a land to call their own really, they were kicked out of it to make room for Holocaust survivors.

Why a part of Germany did not become the new Israel is debatable but I think displacing people (anybody) from their homes the way the Palestinians were was wrong.

I also feel that free thought is stifled when a state religion is imposed because you have citizens focused on the religion instead of knowledge but I could be wrong on this one.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm sorry to disappoint you que, but I'm bringing Christianity back somewhat with this post. And you know what... this is a long post, so to [theoretical] Hell with my request for keeping these posts small b/c I never seem to be able to when it is about this topic.

I believe I've had an epiphany... for real.

When I was young, in elementary, I read Greek Mythology books while my peers were reading Cat In the Hat. Forum member, que13x, asked people if they were familiar with the term, "titan" in a separate thread. Just that simple word made me rethink some things from a hypothetical perspective. He brought it up in the "aliens" topic by farquezy, but it inspired more religious-based ideas in my head... because of the unexplained theory of titan(s)... and after watching the Zeitgeist movie, it opened my eyes to a few things in history that were equally unexplained, but since I haven't had time to sit on these thoughts, these are based on recent and more current events. You'd have to watch the Zeitgeist movie in order to understand them fully, however.

1. Al Gore losing the presidential election when he had more votes. I know how our Government works, so don't feed me "Electoral College" garbage... I already know how that's going to turn out. It will instantly make me look wrong. My point is that Preston Bush has been linked to the entire conspiracy in the Zeitgeist movie. There are enough facts that make me believe coincidence is not to blame for what I'm about to ask, but do you guys think that Al Gore losing the presidential election was rigged to ensure that George W Bush be put in power to make sure that this cycle continues? Oh the conspiracy theory...

2. The "age of Aquarius". The symbol of the man holding the pitcher of water - pouring it out. Do you guys think that Aquarius could possibly symbolize what we in modern times would relate to as "Global Warming"? Pouring the water, the melting of the icecaps... coincidental? I don't think so. I've always, ever since I was very young, perhaps 4th grade, I've always believed that the "Ice Age" was real, and most people agree that it happened, perhaps twice that we know of. I also, however, believe that there should, as one should be able to ascertain the opposite idea, also be an equal opposite to the "Ice Age" - "Global Warming". I think that it's perfectly plausible, however, that what we relate to as "Global Warming" is coming faster than the "age of Aquarius" is... and I think it's coming faster because we have machines... beasts of machinery that were never imaginable during the times of the Egyptians or the Greeks or Romans or any other period of time other than the revolutionary period, the golden age forward.

I think the Egyptians used the personification of the constellations in order to tell the story [in lamen terms] of how the world will change because of its inevitable "wobble on its axis" as it circles the sun, which forces me to believe that those other ancient civilizations all knew about this... and the shocking facts that pinpoint how similar the Bible is to ancient Egyptian [and other civilizations'] seems, at least to me, to only be an adaptation of a children's story in which to foretell the astrological truths about how the world is going to be... not the condition of which a "Doomsday" or "Apocalypse will happen... no... but rather, just a simple way to show how the planet Earth is going to enter different stages of its life. Stages such as "Aquarius" - thus relating to flood. But great philosophers such as Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce, among others, all predict that the year of Aquarius isn't shifting in the next few hundred years, or the year 2160, as Dane Rudhyar predicted... but rather, that it has already started at the year 2,000. Eerie? The Age of Pisces apparently started in 100 BC - therefor it would, according to the natural cycle of 2160 years... the Age of Aquarius should start in the year 2060 (subtracting 100 years b/c of "before Christ"). Want me to go further? I will. According to many expert analysis', the polar ice caps should be 40-50% melted between the years 2050-2060 if we aren't able to find a way to stop warming the Earth...

I'm sorry, I know this all seems terribly hypothetical, because it is... but these are just my collected and immature thoughts as of right now. I need to look into the possibilities of these ideas being true or not, but I'm hoping some of you have useful insight that may help bring me to conclusion as well.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:49 am

Git behind me Satan? :oops:
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:19 am

AdventWolf wrote:The only thing I really know about Muslims is that in the Koran it says "Death to all infidels". And Death to all Jewish people and Israel or something.

LOL THATS NOTHING, compared to this

AND I GOT MUCH MORE IF YOU WISH ME TO LIST THEM!!!

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat