<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Theory

Kay this came from my little brother and I was starting to think about it, I am now starting to believe what he is saying, Its a little confusing but if you think about it you will get it.

I've been thinking about this for a while. If you aren't very good at understanding complex ideas go home to your mom right now.

People can think right. Well how do they do it? What is thinking to begin with? I think that it is our brain calculating different things. Right? We think to move our arm. But it's instantaneous. When you go to bed or just sit down and think about things, I think it's like a PHP script checking variables and fields and then deciding what to do with them, but only a lot more complex.

The one thing that makes us different is our mind. Not our body. Because in theory you could change bodies, if you could master the mind. It's almost like your soul is what makes you different. We have already created things that read our brain waves and can do what we are thinking. People have chips put in there heads who are handicaped and then connected to a computer sometimes. And all they have to do is think and the brain is putting out brain waves as we think(think/brain waves=samething) the chip records it and then the recording is translated on the computer and the mouse then moves to that point on the screen or those words are typed into a text editor or a form or an email...etc... So if we can read brain waves, why can't we read others brain waves and almost be able to switch bodies. I've spent many hours wandering in my head if you understand me. And I just relax and go over past events, but I sort of drift off, but don't fall asleep. Kind of like day dreaming. And I review those events as if I was watching it all happen from my view point. And it's like I'm there. So if you can relieve those memories, you could record them the same way that computer recorded your actions. So if you can record from a human to a computer why not the other way around. Couldn't you download??? Age knows no time. So if you could record 1000 peoples thoughts and actions,(More than likely a few hundred terabytes), And put them all into a giant computer. Couldn't you download them into that chip and have the chip put out brain waves that your brain would understand??? You would become 1000 people wiser. You could gain vast amounts of knowldege this way. You could become a genious. I don't know ne thing about quantum physics, but a time would have a great role in this. You couldn't do this to a ten year old, you'd kill them, you'd have to do it slowly over there lifetime as they advance a year and download each person year. So many experiences and thoughts could drive you insane if you don't know how to deal with stress and vast amounts of knowledge learnd at one time. The human brain only remembers 3% of what it does in a life time. Some people who have good memories might make it 7% I think I am more around 5%, I have a really good memory.

So now if you can record this, why not save it as a library. You could then print it or store it online.

What do you think will ne of this ever be possible??? I think that we could store all of this on a computer, but it would need vast amounts of storage. It could be done right now. Because if that man can move a mouse on a screen. You can store that action onto a computer.

Am I insane and a nut-case or onto something?

I know what he is trying to say could use some touch ups but what do you think about it?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Heh that is pretty interesting, I wonder if any of this would work, if it would.. that would be something. But yea being able to download stuff from a computer and put it in a brain is messed up stuff.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:17 pm

I've had that thought many times and the answer is always the same:

Before any thing can be done you need to figure out how much space your brain can have.

Might be somewhere under INFINITE! - Googolbytes(Googol = 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000)

thats where G00gle's name comes from

-RoxFox64-
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:38 pm

How little is your little brother? I am just wondering where he picked up the knowledge or the understanding of the functions and fundamentals of PHP coding.
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:08 am

He is 14, He loves all this type of stuff, and has lots of books not just on physics etc but coding and other things.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:21 am

Okay. So, first of all. If this were possible, who's to say one would become more wise? From my view, It seems like someone would become more stupid. If you have a room full of people like Edgar Allen Poe and Avy and Shakespear, there may be a lot of creative lititure in the works, but maybe there would be even more confusion about math because they all were horrible at math.
And even if this were possible, the person that would have the memories "inserted into his brain" would have to have enough room. If they were going to have a terrabyte of memory inserted into their brain, they would need that much room.
The person might also not be able to handle all the stuff inserted into his brain. Like on that one movie with the Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger when he had a clone made and he didn't know he was a clone because he had the memories of the original guy.
Maybe the person would think he's two people or something and his brain would expload?
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:15 am

i know kung fu
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:14 am

crait wrote:Okay. So, first of all. If this were possible, who's to say one would become more wise? From my view, It seems like someone would become more stupid. If you have a room full of people like Edgar Allen Poe and Avy and Shakespear, there may be a lot of creative lititure in the works, but maybe there would be even more confusion about math because they all were horrible at math.
And even if this were possible, the person that would have the memories "inserted into his brain" would have to have enough room. If they were going to have a terrabyte of memory inserted into their brain, they would need that much room.
The person might also not be able to handle all the stuff inserted into his brain. Like on that one movie with the Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger when he had a clone made and he didn't know he was a clone because he had the memories of the original guy.
Maybe the person would think he's two people or something and his brain would expload?

Your brain Isn't a hard drive.
It will grow like a plant, adding space for more memory if truly necessary.

Its a Geodrive!!!

-RoxFox64-
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:38 am

roxfox64 wrote:
crait wrote:Okay. So, first of all. If this were possible, who's to say one would become more wise? From my view, It seems like someone would become more stupid. If you have a room full of people like Edgar Allen Poe and Avy and Shakespear, there may be a lot of creative lititure in the works, but maybe there would be even more confusion about math because they all were horrible at math.

Its a Geodrive!!!

-RoxFox64-

But it may not have an infinate amount of memory.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:49 am

crait wrote:
roxfox64 wrote:

Its a Geodrive!!!

-RoxFox64-

But it may not have an infinate amount of memory.

(This is what my brother told me to write)
Well I am not saying I know but maybe our brains do have an infinite amount of memory like look at it this way we remember everything we do, that must take up a lot of room like I stated, yes we only remember between 3%-10% at a time we could like roxfox said grow, maybe by putting more memory into our brain that might increase the amount of room we can remember at a time so in a way being able to do/remember more. This is a vary touchy subject because nobody really knows, so until that happens its like a debate such as if smoking is good or not.
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:58 am

Yunoko, your bro sounds very clever, (though I would say that) as I have thought like that too, and from a young age, I think that younger minds are actually smarter on some planes, and the genius' that have lived like Einstein etc.. never really lost their adolescent intuitiveness.

There are problems with that, for instance, our brains may have googlebytes of information (I was told as a child it was Terrabytes, but we've reached that on hard disk now so I suppose they've opened their minds up to an even larger capacity. In any case, what you are talking about here is sending information to the brain and back, now, putting capacity to the side, assigning commands to certain "messages" the brain sends out is one thing, digitzing memories alone is a feat. we are yet to reach, it's like knowing the codec for the human brain, we aren't actually at that level yet, we have managed to replicate certain aspects, that has given blind people a small degree of sight, through special cameras and implants, but it's certainly not to any degree accurate, nor is the technology to disect that information, considering the brain deals with multiple tasks, knowing how they each communicate and affect one another is another mission. So ok, taking all the technical feats to one side, say we "in time" are able to understand this, there's another problem, each brain is different, we are all different, and who is to say we store memories differently, like our own unique codec for images and sounds, how we interact with those sounds and the emotional responses affect how we store them etc..

Think of our memories as a link in a chain, take that chain and duplicate it in someone elses head, they would need to have all the same affiliations to the memories, this is so complex in it's own right, it's hard to even explain. That person would need their others entire memory bank to link it up otherwise they wont be able to recollect them much like we are unable to recollect even the memories we did create, and what about conflicting memories.. that's like a system crash. The memories would essentially need to be altered and stored as such so they can be reached in a non dangerous fashion by the brain, yet, we don't have a manual for our brains and we don't have an interface to navigate, our brains are as much a mystery to us as the secrets of the universe.

I believe, that before we bet our hopes up with Matrix themed ideas of using our brains like we do our computers, we should learn a bit more about perhaps mastering it as a muscle and as quite possibly the most important personal tool we will ever acquire. Sorry for being so long..
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 am

You have the ability to remember a lot more than you think you can.

You remember alot more 3% - 7% what happens in your life.
Maybe 15% - 30%.
You just don't know that you remember it.

if you can remember 50% of what happened two years ago thats 5% of your life(age 10-15 10 having the 5%)

Also, Memories? Chains? Chain of Memories? Kingdom Hearts?

Actually, that gives me a real idea...
Last edited by roxfox64 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 am

There's a guy who can remember everyday of his life.
I saw it on the news.
I wonder if he can remember being like 5 days old...
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 am

Excellent, I wonder if he has a photographic memory, there must be a cut-off point, apparently we don't store the earliest memories as we're still developing and our concept of the world around us changes so much that our previous memories become redundant, maybe it's like a codec upgrade, as we get older our memories get more sophisticated. I reckon that may be close, as you can train your brain to remember better, and so you must be taking up more space to remember more detail right?..
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 am

crait wrote:There's a guy who can remember everyday of his life.
I saw it on the news.
I wonder if he can remember being like 5 days old...

Can't believe everything you see on the news. Just remember that Lol.

roxfox64 wrote:You have the ability to remember a lot more than you think you can.

You remember alot more 3% - 7% what happens in your life.
Maybe 15% - 30%.
You just don't know that you remember it.

if you can remember 50% of what happened two years ago thats 5% of your life(age 10-15 10 having the 5%)

Also, Memories? Chains? Chain of Memories? Kingdom Hearts?

Actually, that gives me a real idea...

Also regarding that it depends on the person heavily everybody is different so I might only be able to remember 14% and you maybe 8%, (not trying to be rude lol) but everybody is unique, different, etc.

civilchaos wrote:Yunoko, your bro sounds very clever, (though I would say that) as I have thought like that too, and from a young age, I think that younger minds are actually smarter on some planes, and the genius' that have lived like Einstein etc.. never really lost their adolescent intuitiveness.

There are problems with that, for instance, our brains may have googlebytes of information (I was told as a child it was Terrabytes, but we've reached that on hard disk now so I suppose they've opened their minds up to an even larger capacity. In any case, what you are talking about here is sending information to the brain and back, now, putting capacity to the side, assigning commands to certain "messages" the brain sends out is one thing, digitzing memories alone is a feat. we are yet to reach, it's like knowing the codec for the human brain, we aren't actually at that level yet, we have managed to replicate certain aspects, that has given blind people a small degree of sight, through special cameras and implants, but it's certainly not to any degree accurate, nor is the technology to disect that information, considering the brain deals with multiple tasks, knowing how they each communicate and affect one another is another mission. So ok, taking all the technical feats to one side, say we "in time" are able to understand this, there's another problem, each brain is different, we are all different, and who is to say we store memories differently, like our own unique codec for images and sounds, how we interact with those sounds and the emotional responses affect how we store them etc..

Think of our memories as a link in a chain, take that chain and duplicate it in someone elses head, they would need to have all the same affiliations to the memories, this is so complex in it's own right, it's hard to even explain. That person would need their others entire memory bank to link it up otherwise they wont be able to recollect them much like we are unable to recollect even the memories we did create, and what about conflicting memories.. that's like a system crash. The memories would essentially need to be altered and stored as such so they can be reached in a non dangerous fashion by the brain, yet, we don't have a manual for our brains and we don't have an interface to navigate, our brains are as much a mystery to us as the secrets of the universe.

I believe, that before we bet our hopes up with Matrix themed ideas of using our brains like we do our computers, we should learn a bit more about perhaps mastering it as a muscle and as quite possibly the most important personal tool we will ever acquire. Sorry for being so long..

That is a vary good point just like the speed of light being broken not so long ago (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.j ... eed116.xml) (Only on a sub atomic level) Like you said the people who are blind with computers/cameras as eyes cant see everything just small movements or even less then that, just small light flash's. Even if we could start doing this it would take a long time to be able to do what you said (remember the memories etc of somebody else's mind. Yes this would be vary complex (just like trying to type this out) and expensive, We might just be able to do this some time. But only time would tell.
Next

Return to General Chat