Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

DPM77's New Bragging Rights... PC Gaming Rig ; )

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat May 31, 2008 6:18 am

I was reading around about how thermal paste works, (ordered some ac 5 of course), and found this article about it:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/274/3
Anyone have any idea what it's talking about when it says sometimes the thermal grease is already applied to the heatsink when you order a processor "in-a-box"? Just wondering if I'm going to have to clean off any pre applied thermal grease on the heatsink so I can put the ac5 on it, or if I can just take it out of the box and apply the ac5. If it is the first option, I just want to know ahead of time so I can pick up some isopropyl alcohol on my way home ;)

Also, I got my case friday (How do I receive the 20lb package before I receive the 9lb package? go figure) and the psu is the same in the picture except....it has no on/off switch. Instead of a on/off switch it has a female power cable connection where the on/off switch should be. What in the world is that supposed to do? lol. Can I like cascade PSU's or something? Any help would be appreciated, not even logisys's website has information on this PSU. I want my power switch back :x
Last edited by ace on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 pm

hit 420 THOUSAND points on TW the other day. I'm now up to 450k because I pwned this guy. Also on ~4Eva~ council now cuz im 1337 n sh1t. Oh btw, the number one tribe, MCD, is losing against my side. FIGHT DA POWA!

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:02 am

Yo since your on the council in all, you should send an invite my way ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Wait... I thought they don't let any punk noobs on the council??

Please do correct me if I'm wrong ace... but... aren't you 103% noob?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:15 am

lol, no of course not. If I was any part noob, it's because tribal wars turned me into a noob. So much noobeness atmospheric society organisms changed my perspective into a slightly 11.5% noob horizon.

Anyways, go read my q on PiB noob.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: DPM77's New Bragging Rights... PC Gaming Rig ; )

DarkPacMan77 wrote:Ok, so you may have noticed ol' DPM getting a little slow around the forums. Heck, psportable did and got me a little worried that others were thinking the same about me. Anyways, I thought I should clear up why I may not have been moderating as much, posting news as often, or posting in general as often. Basically, a few weeks ago, my beloved EVEREX xt5000t gaming notebook ... randomly died. I'm in the RMA process right now. However, that wasn't enough for me, and I decided to build a desktop gaming rig, with significantly more power, to help ease my loss.

at least it wasnt a alienware. hell if one of those died on me, i would be so pissed off.

anyways, what gfx card?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:49 am

W00t. Just wanted to let yall know I'm officially online now w/ my new computer. I'll post pics and info later Got my drivers license today too so I'll be gone for a while.

btw dpm, Vista gave my 8400GS a 4.4 in gaming graphics or something like that. I tested out the COD4 demo real quick and this thing is pretty solid man in vista man I'll get XP installed later and then play some good games and see how it stacks up.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:12 pm

My gaming laptop - designed with gaming in mind, obviously, had a 7600GO card in it with 256mb GDDR2 memory. It scored 4.7 in Vista for gaming graphics, and when I upgraded my RAM, it scored 4.8. My laptop scored higher than your graphics card and my laptop could BARELY run Bioshock smoothly. The Crysis Demo got about 5 frames per second on the lowest graphics.

If my last generation MOBILE graphics card scored higher than your new 8400GS, I don't even want to know how it games. I mean, I'm sure it's good for most everything. I'm sure things look nice and pretty and all that, but going by the scores, mid-range gaming is as far as you'll get with that card. Also, since you bought ECS/ Elitegroup, you can't use the 90-day EVGA step-up program.

For an extra $30 you could have had something that scored 5.1-5.2 for graphics in Vista and would play any game on the market. Even more, it would be an $80 "coupon" towards a 8800gt 512mb.

Poor choice.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:22 am

Meh I like it, if I had $30 extra bucks I would've bought something better, but I think it was a pretty good choice for something that I could afford. Like I already said it plays COD4 with no lag on mid settings, which is fine enough for me. Even now I still barely play video games :P

So yea, I didn't have an extra 30 bucks at the time like I already said. Maybe it would've been a poor choice if I could've had the money for a better one, but no. It loads up programs like photoshop and flash real fast :) Plus luckily the processor I got, I have already been able to overclock it to almost 2.8Ghz using the auto settings in CMOS which is pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could push it up to 2.9Ghz or possibly 3.0Ghz.
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:27 pm

lol ace j00izn00b y00 n33d to actually care b0u7 ur sh17 n n0t just g3t n00b3d n r1pp3d 0ff y00 fakkin nub
Image Image
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:14 pm

8-bit_ninja wrote:^ That looks powerful, I bet that machine is great for gaming.

blackzmage's sarcasm wrote:what make you think that?
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:33 pm

yo deric m8 i acquired some new stuff including some somwehat valuable electronics and a bottle of 10mg zolpidem. lets have a trip soon.
Image Image
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Nerd talk >.>
I wanna join :D
TEach me!
>:D
由美子
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:30 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote:Wait... I thought they don't let any punk noobs on the council??

Please do correct me if I'm wrong ace... but... aren't you 103% noob?

-DarkPacMan77-

3 out of 2 people would say he's a noob.
That's 150%!!
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 am

recently won a lap top on ebay

2.0 ghz core 2 duo
2 gigs of ddr2 ram
windows xp