<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Guns Guns and Guns?

Okay! In this thread I'll rant on what ever PISSES ME OFF, or whatever I'm feeling.

#1 Gun Control

People seem to be getting shot a lot. One day I heard Chris Rock say: "Guns should be easily avalible, but those damn bullets should cost a fortune!". WOW! What a great concept!

You make ammo hard to obtain and you, quite possibly, could cut down on gun crimes. Now THIS is something I want feedback from, especially from gun enthusiasts!!!

Moving on!

#2 Information

Information is passed out daily about all sorts of things. Being Green, AIDS, various diseases, the dangers of your daily actions, but really... Who the f**k gives a damn?

If you have a woman who's uneducated about HIV, and a woman who is. You make the educated one take an HIV test, and the results come back negative... After the test what happens? NOTHING!!!!! Nothing changes!!! She doesn't stop having unprotected sex, she doesn't make an effort to make sure her peers are aware of the situation at hand.
But, lets say her results came back as HIV positive. Then what do think she's going to do, eh? She's going to have everyone know. But, go back to the first scenario. She wasn't positive, so she continued to not give a damn.

The point I'm trying to make here is that information is powerless. I could tell a chronic smoker how dangerous their smoking is all day, and they still wouldn't give a damn. Info is great! It helps you know more about things, provided you don't discard it as soon as you get it.

Honestly, isn't there something more that can be done?

I'd hate to say forcing people to do things is the only way to get them to learn. But, its been proven again, and again, and again.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm with you on the guns. I think a person who owns a gun should really only ever own it is for self-protection.
But then again, why would you need ne if you banned guns? No one else is going to use it. I think if someone has a gun, it's because they're a coward, and need a "technological weapon" on there side.

We should go back to swords, that was when honor used to exist. Nowadays, people don't care, you just get shot and die.
由美子
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm

No! Not banning guns, just bullets!
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:10 pm

I don't like the use of guns anyways. Haha, banning bullets but not guns? You're funny.
I still prefer the idea of banning guns. They're pointless to have. I believe only of osmeone with high, and I mean really high authority should even be equipped with one.
由美子
<<

Reigo80

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:11 pm

We should go back to having swords. I'd love to own an awesome battlesword. Or even a hard core battle MACE
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Yumiko wrote:I don't like the use of guns anyways. Haha, banning bullets but not guns? You're funny.
I still prefer the idea of banning guns. They're pointless to have. I believe only of osmeone with high, and I mean really high authority should even be equipped with one.

Guns are already too widely inregrated in life. No guns = No hunting. No hunting = Mad-As-Hell Rednecks(Jeff foxworthy quote).
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Your crazy.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Am I?
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:18 pm

You never know when you need a gun, some guys could jump u when ur going on ur day at any minute. Or some thugs could pop into a store ur in and are trying to steal money from the register and are shooting the store up. So ur a coward if u stand up for urself with a weapon? Because someone sure as hell can't beat up multiple people that probably have knives and crap.

It is probably impossible to ban guns, if you ban guns then that just takes the guns away from the innocent people. Innocent people get their guns legally, and have a license. The bad people are the ones that will still have guns, WHY? Because they get theirs ILLEGALLY, so a ban on guns sure as hell won't prevent them from having guns. Because they aren't suppose to have guns in the first place w/o a license but they still do. An extra law on top of that won't solve it.

But yea I kinda understand, people with guns CAN be cowards, but those are just the thugs. You CAN NOT call an innocent person that is fighting for their life and/or possessions a coward if they have a gun. Thats nuts.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 pm

well most gun enthusiasts i know are harmless, but i dont think you're crazy
Steeler12
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I plan on getting a gun as soon as I can to carry it for protection. From all the other nut cases out there that go shooting people. Its a tough situation because guns aren't bad, only the people behind them. It would be nice to ban guns, but its impossible.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

AdventWolf wrote:You never know when you need a gun, some guys could jump u when ur going on ur day at any minute. Or some thugs could pop into a store ur in and are trying to steal money from the register and are shooting the store up. So ur a coward if u stand up for urself with a weapon? Because someone sure as hell can't beat up multiple people that probably have knives and crap.

It is probably impossible to ban guns, if you ban guns then that just takes the guns away from the innocent people. Innocent people get their guns legally, and have a license. The bad people are the ones that will still have guns, WHY? Because they get theirs ILLEGALLY, so a ban on guns sure as hell won't prevent them from having guns. Because they aren't suppose to have guns in the first place w/o a license but they still do. An extra law on top of that won't solve it.

But yea I kinda understand, people with guns CAN be cowards, but those are just the thugs. You CAN NOT call an innocent person that is fighting for their life and/or possessions a coward if they have a gun. Thats nuts.

Yumiko is referring to the fact that guns are long ranged weapons.

In aincent Japan, long range weapons were considered "A cowards" way to fight. The only honorable way to fight, and more over to kill, is with your blade or your hands.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:26 pm

AdventWolf wrote:You never know when you need a gun, some guys could jump u when ur going on ur day at any minute. Or some thugs could pop into a store ur in and are trying to steal money from the register and are shooting the store up. So ur a coward if u stand up for urself with a weapon? Because someone sure as hell can't beat up multiple people that probably have knives and crap.

thats a good point
Steeler12
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Yeah, you shouldn't punish the innocent people for what the bad people do. I hated it when I got in trouble in class when other people would act up, that pissed me off so much. Dam teachers don't care or understand anything for sh*t.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Yes. Now. Lets focus on topic #2.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
Next

Return to General Chat