<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:40 pm

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Well I just got back from The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, and I thought it was great I have been a pretty big fan of the Mummy Series and this one even though it was directly related to the originals I thought it was fantastic, Jet Li and Brandon did great in there roles just like always and even though the Girl and the Son were new actors, I still thought it was great.

Anybody else see it yet?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Yea I saw it today too, I liked the first ones more though. It was still a good movie maybe a 7/10 for me. It was kinda funny :P.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:02 pm

Differently funny. But yea so true that one and two, were better, This one was really more about the story line. Also if you didn't know a few of the actors signed up to do three more movies. Not meaning that they will do them but if they did they are already signed up to do the movie.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Peru?
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Lol. "Later they found mummy's in Peru" Anyways I am not sure.
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:13 pm

I wasn't happy in hearing they switched the actresses. I don't like when they make these type of changes. I like the chemistry between those two leading actors. Though I haven't seen it yet, I am hoping it doesn't become too much of a distraction for me.
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm

They didn't change them the actors didn't want to sign up.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:37 pm

OMG!
I wanted to see this sooo much! I'm a huge fan of that series!
But... :(
You just mentioned they changed a lead role.
I don't know if I could go see it now. Not kidding.
How much different was her acting? I know that the first chick did a fantastic job.
I really enjoyed watching The Mummy: The Animated Series which is weird because most animated kid shows from adult films suck! (MIB had a good spin-off)
I also was sooo excited when I knew a third would come out (way before any of you guys ;) ) which is also weird because that's when a series starts becoming a little too bizarre.
Is Jonathan in it?
I heard that only the lead characters would return. Him and the kid added a very good touch to the second.
I just don't know anymore.. Egh! My mom is also really into it. I was planning on seeing it this weekend with her.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:46 pm

The girl did a pretty good job, and the same Johnathon is still in it. I watched the Animated series TOO! But I missed the last episodes, I have no idea what happened.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:24 pm

Go check out the actors on wikipedia.

Also in the vary first part of the movie she is in, she even says, that she is a completly different person. Also the kid is different to, they should have just used the mummy 2 kid because right now he would be 18, unlike this 29 year old, Also it was still good and it wasn't the makers fault about the two new actors the, two actors just didn't want to do it.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:42 am

I heard that movie was complete bs actually. Now I hear it's good. I kinda liked the older "Mummy" movies and I was thinking of going and watching this one as a joke with a friend of mine because he's always pulling quotes from the movies and stuff lol. I'll see it some day.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 am

Eh..I might I go see it. Like DPM said, I still like the first two mummy movies a lot. The only thing I didn't
like what they did is switched up Evelyn's original role, not only that, but her character look so much different now.
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:41 am

I read differently, I read they wanted an actress that had a more "physical" ability in the role, since in this third film she will be like doing Karate kicks and more physical crap. If you can link a site where it says the original actress turned down the part, please let me know. But somehow it is difficult for me to believe should would turn down this multi-million dollar blockbuster film. Unless she didn't want to commit to a ass-breaking boot camp to be able to deliver those chop moves?

IMO, the original actress had the looks and that charisma, and I am not sure the new one will please me, since I will be probably paying too much attention on her not looking as the original actress or seeing how the original chemistry mashes or not with her husband and brother. I think this will definitely distract me. I'll just wait till it's becomes available on Cable or other. I feel that when they change the actors or actresses on sequels (like for example the Matrix third film "Oracle".) It always feels not the same anymore for me. I guess I like sticking with the original crew--probably this is why I still stick my head in here at this PSP forum. Call me faithful -- I dunno what else to say...
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:48 am

Jay-Jay wrote:I feel that when they change the actors or actresses on sequels (like for example the Matrix third film "Oracle".) It always feels not the same anymore for me.

The woman that played "the Oracle", Gloria Foster, actually died of diabetes, not because they wanted to change the character. It added a nice aspect to the character though, especially regarding "choices", but I agree, I was a little thrown off at first because I'm a big fan of The Matrix movies.

I don't think I was ever that attached to the Evelyn chick from The Mummy movies though lol.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:09 am

Also there is a new director.

But just last night were ever I was looking it said she just didn't want to do it, now everywhere says there was just problems with the script (for here) So idk. But it sucks but it was still pretty good, and yes Evvy does a ton of pretty cool fighting.
Next

Return to General Chat