Nine Days, End of the World?

<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 pm

My only "fear" about this type of machine would be that it could create a new substance. A new element of a sort. If such a thing was poisonous to mankind, that could be devastating. Guess we'll find out soon.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:48 pm

Honestly, this scares the hell out of me...

If they created a black hole what are we gonna do?
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:16 pm

roxfox64 wrote:Honestly, this scares the hell out of me...

If they created a black hole what are we gonna do?

I'm right there with ya man. They already know its going to create tiny black holes and they state "Over the past billions of years, nature has already generated on Earth as many collisions as about a million LHC experiments - and the planet still exists." This is over the span of billions of years, not all in a split second.

I think they should take the time to develop a contingency plan in case this experiment presents a threat to earth and all its lifeforms. It worries me even more that they believe in their work but wont let professor rossler present his theory to be proven wrong in court.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:27 pm

staxx wrote:
roxfox64 wrote:I think they should take the time to develop a contingency plan in case this experiment presents a threat to earth and all its lifeforms.

HA!

Plan? They don't need no stinking plan.

Like you said, if anything goes wrong they will only have a split second to react, I guess you can plan for that!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 pm

True, but im sure they could think of something to contain their experiment while it's happening. Professor rossler believes the black holes will grown within 4 years and engulf the earth, so if his theory is correct then they should be planning for that before proceeding.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 am

Umm, Ok.

How do you contain a black hole?

Seriously I do not think that a black hole is possible from these experiments. According to Einstein (Nobody owns him yet) black holes require massive amounts of mass.(does that make sense? it does not look right)

Anyhow a lot of material is required to create a black hole according to him, more material than the planet Jupiter and I think it takes about 1000 earths to equal the mass of Jupiter.

Rest easy, no black hole from this experiment is going to eat the planet in 2012. If it does you can have everything I own, promise!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 am

que13x wrote:Umm, Ok.

A Light hole :D
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

1/-0

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:14 am

Any black holes generated by the LHC only last for nano seconds, dont fret about it.
2.50 PSP<3.50<3.95<<<<3.90m33<4.01 m33<5.00 m33
Killzone Liberation name:Babamthegrunt add me
I'll rape you with my helpfullness
Need a pandora battery for cheap, willing to wait about 2 weeks to get it? click Here A comprehensive list of Apps for n00bs link
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:41 am

que13x wrote:Umm, Ok.

Seriously I do not think that a black hole is possible from these experiments. According to Einstein (Nobody owns him yet) black holes require massive amounts of mass.(does that make sense? it does not look right)

Anyhow a lot of material is required to create a black hole according to him, more material than the planet Jupiter and I think it takes about 1000 earths to equal the mass of Jupiter.

Rest easy, no black hole from this experiment is going to eat the planet in 2012. If it does you can have everything I own, promise!

"Professor Rossler, a German chemist, said the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, or CERN, has admitted its project will create black holes but doesn't consider them to be a risk." The people who created this project admit that it will create black holes. Still want to keep your theory?

Just so you know, no where in Einsteins theory does it state that a large amount of mass is required. It references a star exhausting its fuels with the mass of 3 times that of the sun causing it to not be able to support itself against its gravitational inward pull. This mass is used just as an example though.

I'll leave this for now and wait to see what you have to say before I add more.

1/-0 wrote:Any black holes generated by the LHC only last for nano seconds, dont fret about it.

True enough, but there is also the possibility that some of them could survive. This is why scientists are trying to put a halt on the project until their theory is proven wrong.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Come on guys, black holes? Seriously? No actual scientist actually said that the LHC would destroy the earth.
They aren't stupid to risk something that dangerous if they've been testing it.

The reason we are worrying is because that's about the same chance as someone winning the lottery.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Why does everyone go by Einsteins theorys still?

I know he was the most well known and accepted scientist of all times.....but that was decades ago. Things have changed at a great rate since then
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:51 pm

que13x wrote:Once the scientists are done playing this thing I wonder what other purpose this machine will have.
intergalactic warfare :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:55 pm

farquezy wrote:
que13x wrote:Once the scientists are done playing this thing I wonder what other purpose this machine will have.

Particle colliders are currently used to help blast the skid marks out of ace_021's tighty-whities.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 pm

Who is this ace_021 that you speak of dpm?

I can't help the skid marks sheese I eat beans a lot for dinner! As for the big mutha chucka machine theres no way man could make a machine that could eat the earth. I tried to find info on black holes but all I could find was that it sucks even light into it, and has a strong gravitational pull. Any other liable info found? nope! I wanna know what exactly the thing does >.>
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:37 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:
farquezy wrote:

Particle colliders are currently used to help blast the skid marks out of ace_021's tighty-whities.

-DarkPacMan77-
lol wtf
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat