.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:00 pm

New Apple Macbooks/Pro

http://www.apple.com/ca/

Well who didn't see it coming like really. Apple sucks at keeping secrets.
Well I do now believe I am going to go out and buy one. Maybe even two.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: New Apple Macbooks/Pro

.Yunoko wrote:Apple sucks at keeping secrets.

No, Apple just sucks.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:57 pm

que13x wrote:

No, Apple just sucks.

Apple just...
just...

Okay, I can't say that word I want to, but you get the message.
<<

DoctaMario

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:56 pm

que13x wrote:

No, Apple just sucks.

BUt OSX is miles above Windows in terms of functionality. Oh, and I've never gotten a virus on any Mac I've owned. I'd rather have a functional and stable operating system than the buggy underdeveloped and downright scary (Vista was developed in part with the National Security Association, a US Government agency)OS that is Windows that you need a boat load of anti-virus software just to keep in working order.

But I digress...
]Is the iPhone the Next Great Force in Portable Gaming? Find out here: http://doctamario.wordpress.com
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:28 pm

the mac is for people with video interest. graphic interests or music interests. if you get it for any other reason your a noob. and the reason your a noob is you would rather have user friendliness over actual usefullness. xp anyway is better.

now of course you can be like us dual booters... and have both.

to doctamario: where do you get off saying its miles ahead? the laptops especially are badly designed. pretty to look at mind you but where is the air flow?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:07 am

light_alistor wrote:the mac is for people with video interest. graphic interests or music interests.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Macs are for retards.
Simply put.
I have major art interests and I use XP for that. I make movies, music, games, graphics, you name it.
I would never want to use a Mac for any of that.
I hate Macs the same reason I hate Facebook.
They're both way too difficult to use for the task they serve.
You want to do something cool on a Mac? To bad, you have to go through a long process to get to where you want to be instead of it being right in front of you. Or you have to push a 5 button "short" key to get it to pop up. It can be soo much easier. Apple just doesn't want it to be.
They'd rather it be pretty than actually do anything.

@DoctaMario:
You've never gotten a Virus on a Mac because, well, no one owns a Mac.
I've never gotten a virus on my PC. I'm running XP and I go to torrent and rom sites all the time.
Guess what. The only anti-virus thing I have is SpyBot, which I never use.
I hate how people say Mac's are better because they don't get viruses because computers really don't get viruses.
People get viruses. People who actually know how to use their computer don't get viruses.
And vista's actually pretty cool once you take all the extra 3rd party s-word they put on it.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 am

If Mac's were so good they would not need the ability to run Windows!

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 am

apple the whole COMPANY sux. ipods are glorified mp3 players, the mac book air is the biggest most expensive piece of crap on EARTH. soo ok were going to sell you a conputer with no real equipment... at ridiculous prices. i mean steve jobs even thinks the itouch is the best portable gaming platform. which we all should know is bull shi*.

but i wouldnt hate the mac so much if it wasnt for the people USING them. they think the mac is the greatest shi* ever. sniffing their own farts because of the useless crap they paid too much for. they cant shut the fu*k up! im sitting minding my own business on my dell e1705 with nvidia geforce go 7900 inside it with a 17 inch lcd screen playing my modded oblivion and some douchebag comes and tries to rag on my well built and properly cared for CHEAP costing machine.

"oh your using WINDOWS" he says and i say yea and? "ive got a mac" to which i replied

"yea? well ive got a big fat D!ck! but you dont hear me telling you about it all day." he said whatever and walked away. so if anyone ever sees someone playing a vdeo game. cause thats what windows users can do. and that person with a mac decides to rag on windows xp user with a decent laptop. chances are the person playing windows has a bigger d!ck. .....wait what was i getting at again?
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:34 am

Kay its not a rant topic.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:22 pm

New Macs looks tight. And now that you can use bootcamp for your XP/Vista needs, I don't understand the b**ch. You get the best of both worlds. And they're just damn sexy!
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 pm

im sorry your right its just so d**n frustrating. ill calm down now.

and i do dual boot, you dont need a mac to dual boot
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 pm

justinwoodypond wrote:now that you can use bootcamp for your XP/Vista needs, I don't understand the b**ch. You get the best of both worlds. And they're just damn sexy!

Sure, I like the idea of paying extra for an apple just to be able to run windows on it anyway, yea that makes sense.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm

justinwoodypond wrote:New Macs looks tight. And now that you can use bootcamp for your XP/Vista needs, I don't understand the b**ch. You get the best of both worlds. And they're just damn sexy!

Read the rules and quit cussing, if you do then use symbols to bleep part of the word out.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm

It's not easy to get OSX running on PC. It's much easier to run XP/Vista on a Mac. Mac is much more optimized for recording and mixing/mastering audio.

It seems the people who say Mac is complicated haven't spent much time with a Mac. They're quite simple machines. That's one of the reasons they do so well with a non tech saavy crowd.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

For some reason I doubt it is easier to run XP/Vista on a mac than it is on a PC...
Macs are only good for graphics/audio stuff imo. I use one for my church to do presentations and they don't have a very bad learning curve, although having only 1 mouse button gets on my nerves pretty quickly. For personal use though, I will stick to PC's. Theres no reason to get a mac for personal use.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
Next

Return to General Chat