Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

What do you think about Nibaru? (Planet X)

<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: What do you think about Nibaru? (Planet X)

The whole 2012 thing is bull, the Mayans might have been an "advanced" civilization but, frankly they didn't know sh** about sh** and neither do we.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 pm

DracoDarco wrote:The whole 2012 thing is bull, the Mayans might have been an "advanced" civilization but, frankly they didn't know sh** about sh** and neither do we.

Or they actually did know what they were talking about and they died out from the Plague and were unable to complete their calendar. You can't just jump to conclusions without looking at the facts.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Seems like my reply never went through...
Gotta retype it, I guess... :(

@Yunoko: Their calender is a circle... There isn't an end to it... -__-

ace wrote:Well I'm not arguing the validity of this event, I most definitely don't think it will happen but I was watching a thing about it on nat geo or disc or one of those channels and they were talking about solar flares, that's why I thought most of the conspirators think it will be a solar flare and not any object hitting the earth.

I had a huge reply typed out... :( I'll make it short... The Mayans never said the world was going to end in 2012, so whenever people say they did, they can't all think of the same cause for the end. Some people say it's because of pole shifts, some say it's just fire that's going to cover the world, and other say the world will stop rotating. None have scientific proof and none are mentioned by the Mayans.

.Yunoko wrote:
crait wrote:Completely ridiculous....
Planets don't flicker colors.
In fact, they don't flicker at all. Stars twinkle, and planets are constant. That's how you can tell one another in the night sky.

Actually stars don't "twinkle" its the Earths atmosphere that makes it look like they do, as the light is being reflected. But other then that point the rest is valid. I really doubt that as for the same reasons as Que pointed out.

I know what it is and how it works.
They twinkle because they are further away than planets are.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Well I'm pretty sure that the mayans didn't explicitly state the world will end at that time (that's to say if the calendar was converted correctly to begin with), but their calendar goes in like a spiral and that just happens to be when the spiral ends. At least that's what I've gathered without really doing any of my own research.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 pm

.Yunoko wrote:
DracoDarco wrote:The whole 2012 thing is bull, the Mayans might have been an "advanced" civilization but, frankly they didn't know sh** about sh** and neither do we.

Or they actually did know what they were talking about and they died out from the Plague and were unable to complete their calendar. You can't just jump to conclusions without looking at the facts.

How can we know facts when we dont know sh** about sh**..... Just keeping my argument consistent. Besides even if the world were ending would you really want to know? I would prefer to die without knowing the end was coming so that my last days couldn't be influenced by foreknowledge...

Anyways back on topic, the idea of a plant colliding with earth( I believe thats the idea, correct me if im wrong), Is ridiculous. The planet would have to travel an insane distance for us even to be able to see it in the night sky( I mean with the naked eye not a telescope), if it is going to happen it wont be for many a lifetime.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:46 pm

ace wrote:Well I'm pretty sure that the mayans didn't explicitly state the world will end at that time (that's to say if the calendar was converted correctly to begin with), but their calendar goes in like a spiral and that just happens to be when the spiral ends.

What I know of the calendar is that there are several. I would not describe them to be like a spiral I would describe them more like gears within gears like a clock.

2012 is the end of a 26,000 year cycle and the beginning of another one the 13th to be exact. I think December 21,2012 will be an uneventful day. However 2013 will be an interesting year.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 am

Que, that is not completely true. Their cycles are millions of years apart. The cycle that we're supposed to be in is skewed because of errors in translating the date from Mayan to Gregorian. Especially when passing it through the Julian calendar first. The most accurate end to the cycle isn't for another 13 million years.
This was on NatGeo. One person misreads something and everyone just goes along with it. Reminds me of all those Apple followers saying that the 2G doesn't have the hardware to record video.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:21 pm

crait wrote:Que, that is not completely true. Their cycles are millions of years apart. The cycle that we're supposed to be in is skewed because of errors in translating the date from Mayan to Gregorian. Especially when passing it through the Julian calendar first. The most accurate end to the cycle isn't for another 13 million years.
This was on NatGeo. One person misreads something and everyone just goes along with it. Reminds me of all those Apple followers saying that the 2G doesn't have the hardware to record video.

I said there were several calendars. Some have million year cycles some are only 260 days, read up here. The one I am referring to is the one that begins the 13th Baktun on December 21 2012. The Gregorian shift of 1752 doesn't factor because the Mayan Calendar is astronomical not solar. In other words it doesn't go by 12 solar months like the Gregorian calendar does.

It isn't by accident that the Mayans chose December 21 2012. They knew that was the day that the arrow of Sagittarius points directly into the galactic center and it only seems that way from our point of view. It's an alignment that happens roughly every 26,000 years But it wasn't only the Mayans that were aware of this. Other ancient cultures such as the Egyptians and the Babylonians knew of this and they called it the great year.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Que, so if it happens every 26,000 years, then why is the world still her? What makes this time so special?
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 am

Nothing really, its our mind and that movie that made it special....
-Formerly DCM
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:21 am

crait wrote:Que, so if it happens every 26,000 years, then why is the world still her? What makes this time so special?

I think you are assuming that I am implying that the world is destroyed every 26,000 years, I'm not.

I am saying that this particular alignment occurs every 26,000 years and it isn't a big deal. It's like saying the hands on a clock point straight up every 12 hours. That isn't a big deal unless we make it one.

The real question that needs to be asked is why was this knowledge so important to a stone age culture.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 am

I understood what you were saying in the sense that it happens all the time, but I thought you were saying this time would be different. I guess that's where the confusion came in.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:51 am

I may have said that 2013 would be an interesting year. But obviously that has nothing to do with Nibiru or December 21, 2012.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Dec 22 2012 will be one of the best days of my life, I just can't wait to go outside and laugh at the face of those idiots who believed in the movie... But I still stand behind my post (the illuminati one)
-Formerly DCM
Previous

Return to General Chat