Why do you guys post really less now?

<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Why do you guys post really less now?

6th time now?
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Yumiko wrote:Because of what's happening in this very topic itself. Bye-bye.

+1
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Very well said, Yumiko.
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=18617
That's also my biggest reason.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 am

I think it's appropriate to say that while I've been getting a lot of instant messages, e-mails, and some private messages regarding me coming back to the site, I thank you folks, but I don't see it happening. I am sorry if I am letting any of you down but I don't want to come back. I've offered to be SOLELY a news poster on the front page, and I think that's an adequate role, but I'd be honestly embarrassed to lead or take part actively as a moderator on this website when we have a forum full of people contributing news articles going unanswered, unnoticed, and not posted on the front page.

I'm not posting right now to complain, but I think it's about time that the staff recognizes that you hold a responsibility to the website as a staff member to encourage the community to help out. It took a long time before we had people actively posting in the Contribute An Article section, and now that we have support from the community, for the most part, I feel that the news should be updated a hell of a lot more often than it currently is. Has the tool broken again?

I would just like to say that, no, I won't be returning to staff, but I hope that doesn't discourage the staff from progressively working on the site. My very last directive to the staff was to focus on News Posts now that we had fixed the news tool again. I know I'm not staff anymore, but I hope that, if anything, our friendship alone creates an avenue of responsibility towards this issue. It's vital that we got the tool fixed, and last I knew it was, so we should see news articles being posted. It's important to welcome new members to the site and encourage them to stay, but even more so, it's dually important to keep the front page news updated enough to let outside visitors understand that we "aren't falling behind the times" and that we're up-to-date and knowledgeable.

I hope these recent trends cease to continue for the better of the forum. I don't post really at all anymore because there's too much hostility towards me from select members which goes unnoticed from the staff and because there's really been an increase of poor quality threads to post in, mostly resulting in spam contributions. I've heard it from each side of the fence since I've been gone. I've had members contact me through various different ways, even by phone, to ask for me to come back, to talk to the staff about getting a position back, and all I can say is, "Thank you for your support, but I won't return to staff as anything higher than a News Poster". Now while there's people that wish I didn't leave or would wish I'd talk to the staff about a position, please understand something. I appointed nearly every single staff member that you see here. I look at them as extended family members. It isn't that I "can't talk to them". I'm sure I can find some sort of work here and I've been offered such things and declined so far. Like I say, I've heard it from "both sides of the fence" since I've been gone and there's folks that say "the forum is fixed" - "DPM is gone, yay!" - "Now with DPM gone we can REALLY move forward" and things of that nature. But if I looked at the Brew from the outside today, and saw this quality of a forum, I wouldn't want to join... much less remember the URL.

This forum is a love child of crossed interests and fruitful conversation. I poured everything I have into this place and I did that for a long time. I just sincerely don't have the dedication I once had to help out members after being disrespected so badly from certain people and to be honest, I feel my staff has let me down since I've been gone. My last directive was to post news, and I come here now and see MY news articles up there from just before I left. That's not acceptable. Pony up.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote: Has the tool broken again?

In short, yes. The actual blog is going pretty good that can be found here, or at least I like it but there isn't really a way to reach it other then the thread made my nik that has the link in it:
http://www.brewology.com/blog.php/
But it isn't being posted to the front page, that's why I haven't responded to your PM yet seeing as it wouldn't really help anyways until the news is being posted to the front page.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:21 am

Ok, so I have a few questions.

1. Why aren't you using the actual news posting tool to post news on the front page?
2. Why are you guys supporting a feature of the site (blog) that isn't part of the hierarchy of the website? There's no official on-site links to the blog.
3. Is the blog supposed to replace the News Tool entirely when functional?
4. Who has access to post on the blog? Do they also have access to the News Tool? Is it open to everyone?

This seems, at its core, to be a story of staff inactivity. We complained for so long, as did members, to get the news tool fixed. Now that it's fixed, is there no alternate way of posting news on the site now? I'm pretty sure the same old way still works regardless of how much people support a blog feature that isn't even linked to through the structure of the website to begin with.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 am

1. Because it's not accessible, or at least not to me because I didn't have access before the forums switched and I can't give myself access because we have a new admin cp without an option to give access to it.
2. Nik decided to add Wordpress himself, and hasn't changed the links yet to link to that yet.
3. Yes
4. Nik gave all the staff and tyler I believe access to the blog. No. Anyone can read the blog, but it won't help bring new members in if they don't know about it.

Nik decided to add wordpress himself and the theme and all that jazz, if you want to complain about it not being finished yet then talk to him about it. There's nothing I can do about it.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:51 am

Wow, so Nik made it so admins can't appoint responsibilities... this is the downfall of this place. There's not even a staff member on here at most times and now Admins can't appoint powers/ responsibilities? That's absurd.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:04 am

Well I can appoint anyone to anything, but the option just isn't there for the current front page news to allow anyone to make posts on the front page. I'm pretty sure I can make posts in the blog, and probably could make you a news poster but what good will posting on the blog do until the front page is replaced with the blog?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:17 am

It's not about "me". I offered to help with news, and I will.

The problem here is that we have NO METHOD OF CREATING NEW NEWS. How the HELL is that? The site is officially MORE broken than when we were desperately patching existing problems with the older system. There's no manual override for current staff to use a defaulted tool like we had before and now Admins don't have the ability to appoint themselves with that ability either!

I'm sorry, because I realize it makes it look like I'm coming down on you, ace, but you know I'm not. I just can't honestly believe how half-witted and incomplete this transition has been and continues to be. You'd think by now we could post 1 new news article.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 pm

I don't get it either... I did post a couple of articles that never showed up, I thought maybe they weren't simply good enough or something like that, but I just realized that the last article is by DPM on Sunday, June 20 2010 @ 2:20pm PST
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Yea I know I'm irritated as well but the only way complaining is going to help is if you talk to nik directly about the issue and see what his work schedule is looking like.

And dcm, or whatever your name is now, trust me if the front page news worked then I would most certainly be posting everyone's articles they have made but yea.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:49 pm

heres a suggestion. how about you people hop off your high horse and start HELPING people again. we have this delusion that the site is back to normal? the hell it is! no one posts and its retarded. there are people asking for YOUR help and you just dont think its important to do anything about it or something. I understand that some people are busy, but whats with all the poeple asking for stuff and the only person to suggest anything is SAFWAN. Not saying thats bad but when its in a field he has no experience in, its less than helpful. Wii help. Alex, Brent, wtf are you doing. I see you online and you post nothing. why.

Maybe general chat should be closed for a while or something, or maybe we should make this a GENERAL CHAT forum. thats all we ever post in. -_- im getting sick and tired of seeing this bull crap and you all wade in it like its and inch of water, when its really neck deep. come on now. :evil: im getting tired of it.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 pm

airplanes18 wrote:Not saying thats bad but when its in a field he has no experience in, its less than helpful. Wii help. Alex, Brent, wtf are you doing. I see you online and you post nothing. why.

Maybe general chat should be closed for a while or something, or maybe we should make this a GENERAL CHAT forum. thats all we ever post in. -_- im getting sick and tired of seeing this bull crap and you all wade in it like its and inch of water, when its really neck deep. come on now. :evil: im getting tired of it.

I think many of the senior helping members have decided not to post in the majority of the topics because there's quite a bit of spam topics on here right now. That's not too big of a deal though, and I think we should really get back to helping people around here. Airplanes here wants to help people and he's not knowledgeable enough with the Wii. It's kind of frustrating. I know how it feels because I also can't assist someone with the Wii as well as many of the members here.

But airplanes, you can't get after ace too hard with the progress of the news posting. It's really all on Nik to come on and have time to fix it properly. I'd recommend to also get the old news posting tool functional as a back-up in case of future malfunctions with Wordpress troubleshooting. I think that should be the urgent thing for you guys to consider, if you want my ex-administrative opinion. Try contacting Nik whenever you can.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:48 pm

@airplanes : what else can i do? how exactly do i "help" people? I am trying, but there isn't anything I can help wit, no-one posts any psp questions or pc questions, how is that my fault, so the only thing I can do is suggest things... look at the last post on the first page of this topic, I think I'm the one who asked Alex to help, what more can I do, I don't have a wii, just played it at my friends' so....

Edit - you really don't need to go like "Brent, Alex wtf are you" , you must understand that the Brew might be something in our lives, but it isn't our life itself...

Alex, I think, got bad grades in A-levels and I can understand why he sits less...

Brent, I think that he is on some trip with his gf or something...

Like I said, the brew isn't peoples' lives itself, if they decide not to come or post its okay because it should be entirely up to them...

The reason I posted this thread was because I saw posts going down, so I asked why, it wasn't to start a flame war saying you should post, or to start the mailas/DPM thing....

I do agree though, it is sad to see some people like not getting help, and us being helpless because of the lack of knowledge, but like I said, them (alex and brent) posting is entirely up to them... so what can we do? Try re-searching about things, learn more... I really can't do alot of that because its Ramadan (Muslims fast in that month, and we believe its a blessed month, so I don't want to stay awake doing things.. and please don't bring religion into this thread) ... the other thing you can do is Invite or "suggest" the site to some of your friends with that knowledge...
-Formerly DCM
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat