<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm Tired Of People...

I'm seriously... And I stress that... I'm seriously tired of people saying that Obama is a racist Islamic. The first part doesn't really make sense to me. Can someone explain to me exactly what Obama has done for people to think that he's a racist or can someone help me out by telling me why they think so?
And about his religion... He has stated that he is a Christian and he's been seen practicing Christian traditions, so why do people keep saying he's Islamic? Even if he was Islamic, why would it matter?
I just don't understand this... I saw a post on Yahoo! News reading that Glenn Beck takes back what he said about Obama being racist and all the comments at the bottom were saying that Glenn shouldn't have.... I hate that guy, but that's not what this thread is about. Can someone fill me in, please?
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: I'm Tired Of People...

Obama can't be racist nor can he be islamic. Obama himself harbors no opinion on anything. He is for and against everything. He's a huge tool and and even bigger jackass. I don't think he has ever given a firm opinion on an important topic and not backpedaled from it.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:48 am

brentbizzle wrote:Obama can't be racist nor can he be islamic.
I don't know about the racist part but Obama has had a lot of exposure to Islam, more so than any other president in history and this is why the issue keeps coming up. I personally don't think he is very religious at all but the issue keeps coming up because the majority of America still believes that Muslim radicals smashed planes into our buildings and now they accuse Obama of being Muslim and a radical (Palin).
brentbizzle wrote:Obama himself harbors no opinion on anything. He is for and against everything. He's a huge tool and and even bigger jackass. I don't think he has ever given a firm opinion on an important topic and not backpedaled from it.
This is the way politics are played. McCain does the same, Arnold does the same. The governor of Florida does the same, Supreme court nominees do the same. As soon as you solidly stand for something in politics you loose everything.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 am

que, i have to say i know only one person that rivals your skill at politics and such. the things he knows... hed make a great president. anyways, I know very little of politics and obama, but wtf is with the mosque? seriously.... is he that f**k stupid hed do that?
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 am

airplanes18 wrote:que, i have to say i know only one person that rivals your skill at politics and such. the things he knows... hed make a great president. anyways, I know very little of politics and obama, but wtf is with the mosque? seriously.... is he that f**k stupid hed do that?

Let's see, Muslims didn't do 9/11... and the people building it are American so they have a right to do it whatever Religion they are from... If you think it offends the victims of 9/11, then that is what is called Racism..

@crait, this is where most of it started - ‎"In a February 2008 interview with the New York Times, Mr. Obama said the Adhan, the Muslim call to prayer, is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." He then recited it, "with a first-class [Arabic]
accent."- Washington Times. Apparently because the adhan contains the shahada, they are implying Obama gives out the impression he is a secret Muslim.

How stupid is that... makes me laugh all the time...
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm

Da Cool Man wrote: If you think it offends the victims of 9/11, then that is what is called Racism...

I think that's more towards religionism... Although if you were led to believe Christians killed thousands of innocent "infidels" and then decided to build a church within a few blocks of the incident would you not be irritated?

I don't think the point is whether or not who was responsible for 911, everyone has their opinions on that matter, but the point is a large population of the US believe the person(s) responsible for 911 were Muslim and it is pretty insensitive and rude to build a mosque right near the site. They know what the people believe happened, and still decided to go through with the project knowing people would be upset. Why can't they just build it somewhere else that wouldn't cause an incident at all? And both parties would be satisfied.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:17 pm

Im not the most learned person on politics, but as que said his issue of religion is due to his heavy exposure to islam, not really a big deal even if he was considering that mainstream isalm isnt violent besides which some sypmathy for those following islam could do some good. To me the mosque issue is meaningless but one of the opinions ive heard about it is this, it is entirely legal to establish a mosque near the nine eleven site however why there? its insensitive even if its legal.

"While I may not agree with what you say, ill defend to the death your right to say it"
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:36 pm

ace wrote:Why can't they just build it somewhere else that wouldn't cause an incident at all? And both parties would be satisfied.

Why shouldn't they build it there? Its their right...
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm with Da Cool Man on this one.... They didn't attack America, so they have just as much right to do whatever they want as anyone else. Who would get any flak for building a church next to it? No one. That's not fair. People in the church would have just as much to do with 9/11 as the mosque.
Take a look at this image....
Heh.... Actual businesses...
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:
ace wrote:Why can't they just build it somewhere else that wouldn't cause an incident at all? And both parties would be satisfied.

Most people don't understand that the "mosque" isn't exactly at ground zero nor is it a "mosque" per se. It's two blocks away from ground zero and Jews pray there now. This is only an issue because Muslims want a permit to expand the existing structure(Cordoba House). The media has made it seem like they want to put a mosque right on top of the 9/11 memorial and that just isn't accurate.

Decide for yourself. The mosque is point B, ground zero is point A.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:49 pm

I totally agree that the media twisted this way out of proportions. I hate reading the signs that say, "If I can't have a church in Mecca, then you can't have a mosque at Ground Zero."
Completely ignorant.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:

Because you didn't read the rest of my post. I'm just saying think about both sides, I've yet to really state my opinion on the matter because I'd prefer to look at both sides first. It's like the first amendment, and loose constructionist. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, it's called respect. Yea, they have every right to establishment of religion, but I'm just saying just because you know the truth doesn't change what other people know as the truth. My questions still stand btw. "Just because you can" shouldn't be the reason you do anything that impacts other people like this.

To me this isn't a legal issue (obviously it's perfectly legal), its just a ethical issue.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 pm

How is this an issue at all, Ace? Please tell me why people are upset that this is being built? Oh, because the terrorists were presumably Islamic and this will be an Islamic establishment? So, you're saying that these people should give into the stereotypes that the protesters are applying to them??
What if someone didn't want you to move into a neighborhood because your last name? What if there was someone there that had the same last name as you and killed someone and they think you may do it because of your name? There isn't a connection between you and the killer, they are just stereotyping you. Doesn't make sense to me, and hopefully that example will make sense to you, too.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:44 pm

crait wrote:How is this an issue at all, Ace? Please tell me why people are upset that this is being built? Oh, because the terrorists were presumably Islamic and this will be an Islamic establishment? So, you're saying that these people should give into the stereotypes that the protesters are applying to them??
What if someone didn't want you to move into a neighborhood because your last name? What if there was someone there that had the same last name as you and killed someone and they think you may do it because of your name? There isn't a connection between you and the killer, they are just stereotyping you. Doesn't make sense to me, and hopefully that example will make sense to you, too.

It already makes sense to me, but obviously it is an issue or it wouldn't be talked about in the manner that it is? I'm not saying that either, your still missing the point. I'm not saying that's my side, I'm saying look at the other side, the people who believe that those involved in 911 represent the religion as a whole and also believe that the building being built 2 blocks away from the 911 site is related to the religion. If they didn't build whatever they are building there it isn't because they are giving in or whatever you think, it could very well be in respect for those that don't agree with it.

Although for some reason you still think that's how I will feel I will explicitly state I for one don't really care about the matter. I might not agree with the religion but we still have the right to establishment of religion.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 pm

its not really an issue of ethics either. It's an issue of sensitivity. The terrorists involved with 9/11 were muslim extremists and while their beliefs obviously differ greatly from other muslims, they were still doing it in the name of their religion. Yes, Christians have killed in the name of God in the past, but so have muslims. There aren't many true religions that do not have blood on their hands, so lets just get past that issue.

There is no need for anything to be built there. Yes it's two blocks away, but do you really think that one single block was the only one affected by the events of 9/11? Yes, they have the right to do it. But should they? No. I don't believe they should.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
Next

Return to General Chat