<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:13 am

Re: I'm Tired Of People...

Brent, I agree with you until you get to, "But should they?" Why is there no need for it to be built there? It's just a building that someone found a great deal on and decided to take the offer. Why should someone have to buy something more expensive because of their non-involvement with what happened in the past?
Ace, you're saying that they shouldn't do it just because others are discriminating and being prejudice towards them? That's like saying that Rosa Parks should have given her seat to a white man because there were white people telling her to. I honestly can't understand why anyone would deny someone of something like this if they had no role or involvement with what happened in the past.

And on a side note, Brent, did you hear Obama's speech today? Oh, you didn't? It was about how much progress we've made in pulling out of Iraq and the schedule he has planned. Exactly like he stated he would before he was elected. Sounds like a strong desire instead of an opinion to me...
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 am

brentbizzle wrote:its not really an issue of ethics either. It's an issue of sensitivity. The terrorists involved with 9/11 were muslim extremists and while their beliefs obviously differ greatly from other muslims, they were still doing it in the name of their religion. Yes, Christians have killed in the name of God in the past, but so have muslims. There aren't many true religions that do not have blood on their hands, so lets just get past that issue.

that is what the media told at "that time" ... and it was more easy to believe than anything else.... Now lets go a lil bit back in time... I remember when the world's best hacker got caught, and they said he might have caused 9/11 when he hacked into the pentagon... But then no-one started going like the people of his religion or country shouldn't be allowed near ground zero... like I said, it is just more easier to believe a Muslim did a terrorist act because half of the people know this "Islam - it is a religion that promotes terrorism"...

So maybe the Jews should start protesting about building a church in Germany because of what Hitler did (because that was one of their actual homes)? I don't think so... Like I said, most of the people out there just hate Muslims because they know nothing about it....

brentbizzle wrote:There is no need for anything to be built there. Yes it's two blocks away, but do you really think that one single block was the only one affected by the events of 9/11? Yes, they have the right to do it. But should they? No. I don't believe they should.

Why shouldn't they? Because the People there are ignorant and can't understand that a Man who kills innocent isn't a Muslim? they need to research a bit and stop whining...
Last edited by The Cookie Monster on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:05 am

Da Cool Man, you hit the nail right on the head.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:04 am

brentbizzle wrote:its not really an issue of ethics either. It's an issue of sensitivity. The *alleged* terrorists involved with 9/11 were muslim extremists and while their beliefs obviously differ greatly from other muslims, they were still doing it in the name of their religion..

I added *alleged* in front of terrorists so that Q doesn't rape this thread ;)

Love ya Q!

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:I added *alleged* in front of terrorists so that Q doesn't rape this thread ;)

***off topic***
I met a NYC fireman that was in the North Tower today. You know I had to ask him some things. He is in the documentary called 9/11 published by 2 French men. He doesn't deny that there were explosions in the buildings that day but he denies that it was bombs. He has no explanation for the explosions he heard and said "could have been jet fuel"
***Done off topic***

I did this only to settle any interests anyone may have had on the above statement. I would be glad to join in on yet another 9/11 thread especially since the 9 year anniversary is coming up.

So post any thoughts there but keep this one about the mosque as intended.

Thanks.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Blarg, I'm sorry if I really am doing that bad of a job trying to convey this thought of mine lol. What I'm saying is you should always evaluate the situation from both sides and leave your personal opinion out of it to begin with. So that's what I did first, and if you want both parties to live peacefully together then both sides have to make a compromise.

So I'll start by asking this question, do we agree that the people in charge of building the "mosque" knew that a majority of the people living around the 911 site were told and believe that the people responsible for 911 were muslim and did it to kill infidels?

I'm asking the question as a whole, not meant to be picked apart and the pieces checked for validity, and to try and convey the way I approach the situation.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 pm

ace wrote:So I'll start by asking this question, do we agree that the people in charge of building the "mosque" knew that a majority of the people living around the 911 site were told and believe that the people responsible for 911 were Muslim and did it to kill infidels?
I don't know a lot of detail about the ultimate intentions of the people expanding the existing structure near ground zero, but I think I can agree that they would agree that the people responsible for the tragedy have been identified as America hating Muslims.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Yes, the public was told that they did it to kill innocent people. What does that have to do with the people that want a mosque in NYC?
Why are you trying to look at something from both angles whenever one viewpoint is blatant racism? That's like looking at something from and innocent viewpoint with nothing against anyone, and a racist viewpoint against it. You can't have them both happy. Either way, someone is going to be upset and someone shouldn't have to build a place of worship somewhere else because of religious intolerance.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 pm

que13x wrote:
ace wrote:So I'll start by asking this question, do we agree that the people in charge of building the "mosque" knew that a majority of the people living around the 911 site were told and believe that the people responsible for 911 were Muslim and did it to kill infidels?
I don't know a lot of detail about the ultimate intentions of the people expanding the existing structure near ground zero, but I think I can agree that they would agree that the people responsible for the tragedy have been identified as America hating Muslims.

I don't know their ultimate intentions either so I'm just inferring. Alright, so going off that is it safe to assume that they would have known that if they chose to build a "mosque" within walking distance of the 911 site, a great deal of those people would be angered by that as well (maybe not made into a national event, but something bad would have come of it) whether it is right or wrong?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes I can agree to that but I think the issue is that in their eyes they aren't building a mosque and the media says that they are.

(FYI Muslims already pray in the open air at ground zero. I am told they are praying for the souls of those that died that day if it makes a difference.)

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:38 pm

ace wrote:I don't know their ultimate intentions either so I'm just inferring. Alright, so going off that is it safe to assume that they would have known that if they chose to build a "mosque" within walking distance of the 911 site...

HA! I found where you're confused in your logic.
You think they who supposedly attacked us and they who are building the mosque are the same people

They aren't.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:51 pm

que13x wrote:Yes I can agree to that but I think the issue is that in their eyes they aren't building a mosque and the media says that they are.

(FYI Muslims already pray in the open air at ground zero. I am told they are praying for the souls of those that died that day if it makes a difference.)

Ah okay, yea I can agree with that. With the conflict in the media of what they are actually building.

But, what I was getting to was that to live in "peace" (not possible at least for now, but to get a head start at least) it is reasonable to say that everyone should avoid a conflict between two parties if they know that a conflict will arise to begin with, regardless of the causes? Or at least make the truth more readily available.

And crait, give up lol. Your not understanding what I am saying at all. Your confused in your logic that you think what I said is my opinion and not me considering the opinion of the victims who oppose the building of whatever it is the muslims are building. I'm just trying to get you to consider both sides of an argument without bias and acknowledging both sides have good points based on their knowledge of the situation.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I understand that you're saying to consider both sides, but I'm not racist, so I'm not going to.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 pm

I'd just like to add something here. If a religion you follow forbids terrorism yet you perform it, then that doesn't make you an extremist in that religion, it makes you a hypocrite..
-Formerly DCM
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:
ace wrote:Why can't they just build it somewhere else that wouldn't cause an incident at all? And both parties would be satisfied.

Why shouldn't they build it there? Its their right...

There is also a right to free speach doesn't mean people can talk and say the hollocost didn't happon, its the same thing with this issue i personally don't give two s**ts however i can see both points, there is ignorance on both sides, However i point this in the works the Parents and family of the 9/11 Victims actually supported for there to be built a mosque right next to the site and no offence, its those who were actually effected that matter and they support it so in my honest opinion what ever they decide goes for that issue.
*sorry for spelling mistakes there are a few*

Also claiming someone doesn't want it to be there because of there religion isn't racist in my eyes, this whole debate is sortof totally disbuted by my previous answer in the fact it should be the actual people who are HURT that get the choice.
Being redone
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat