PSX game on PSP will not recognize save file

<<

prosehack

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:25 pm

PSX game on PSP will not recognize save file

Hello,
I have been trying to figure this out all day, and I am at a loss. I recently got CFW working on my psp, and I am trying to play Tales of Destiny II. I used uLE to get the raw data from my PSX memory card. From there, psxrc to get the .MCS file. Then, psxge to turn the .MCS file into a .GME file. After this, MemcardRex to convert the .GME file to a .MCD file. I have also tried PSXeven at this stage to convert the file form .GME to .MCD. What I read says to just rename it to a .MCR. At this point I rename the file to SLUS_(whatever the string of numbers are)-0.MCR. With both methods, I am able to use CWCheat to load "Memory Card 1 from Memory Stick," and even see the data in the memory card utility option, one of the options that pops up when you press the home key. The problem is, the game will not recognize the data. Whenever I try to load the memory card, it just says there is no data on the card. Like I said, I can see the data through the memory card utility option, so I know it is there, it's just not being recognized. I read that you need to reset the game first, but this accomplishes nothing. I have tried everything I can think of, I have used different root save data to start the process off; loaded up different copies of the game to my psp to make sure it wasn't the game file; I have also tried using the PSX PSP Memcard Converter to make a VMP file, but to no avail - though I am not sure if I am using this program correctly. One last thing, when I loaded the raw data from my memory card, the files ended in the string, .TOD2>A<, .TOD2>B<, et cetera. Psxrc would not recognize the files until I renamed them from the uLE menu before moving them to my computer. All I did was remove the >, <, and the letter, this seemed to work. I am not sure if that matters or not. If anyone has any idea what is going on, I would greatly appreciate any help.
<<

prosehack

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: PSX game on PSP will not recognize save file

I figured it out, it was the game ID, needed to be changed to what it was before conversion.

Thanks to everyone that took time to read my post.

Best regards.

Return to General Chat