Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

alternative to multiman FTP or HDD transfer

<<

andwan0

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:16 am

alternative to multiman FTP or HDD transfer

I successfully revived my dead FAT PS3 using oven reball/reflow. Now it's working again, and blowing out much cooler air.

Last time it YLOD because I left it running multiman.. whilst FTP a 22GB game. Am curious why it would require so much CPU power just to run multiman and continuous FTP. Maybe it's a bug in the FTP daemon part of multiman, who knows.

Does anyone know any other lightweight FTP PS3 program that I can use to transfer large 22GB game files?

Otherwise, does anyone know whether I can take out my 2.5inch PS3 HDD and connect it up to USB converter to PC?
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 am

Re: alternative to multiman FTP or HDD transfer

If you take a quick look here http://store.brewology.com/homebrew.php?lang= there are a few other options.

I don't believe the drive is formatted in a way that will allow you PC to understand / use the data on it.

Let us know if you find one that works!
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

UniqueUserName

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 am

andwan0 wrote:Last time it YLOD because I left it running multiman.. whilst FTP a 22GB game. Am curious why it would require so much CPU power just to run multiman and continuous FTP. Maybe it's a bug in the FTP daemon part of multiman, who knows.

Does anyone know any other lightweight FTP PS3 program that I can use to transfer large 22GB game files?

Hello @andwan0

When it comes to FTP (and after MUCH testing), I wont use anything other than FlashFXP...
Currently, Im using the version listed below (which is so awesome I have no need to upgrade) 8):
" FlashFXP v5.4.0 b3970 "

It always seems to blow everything else away, even when transferring 250+GB of (PS2, PS1, or PSP) Games in one-continuous (non-stop) session to the PS3 (with no over-heating).:shock:

Unfortunately, I dont have enough PS3-Games, to repeat the previous tests (250GB+ in one go) for you (to see if there is any difference specifically with PS3-Games), but I can surely vouch for the rest.:)

The only downside, I use the paid-version #-o...
However, they let you try it free for 30-days, which is plenty of time to transfer whatever you like (and enough time to test it out thoroughly as well).

Hoping this is the information you were seeking.:D
Enjoy!

-Uni

For this message the author UniqueUserName has received thanks:
monkeymaximus
<<

cubero

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 08, 2023 12:26 am

Yes, garten of banban 3 there are alternative FTP programs that you can use to transfer large game files to your PS3.
<<

dulciehele

Young Brewer

Post Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:22 pm

It's great to hear that you were suika game able to revive your FAT PS3 using an oven reball/reflow process!

Return to General Chat