Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Files disappeared on my iMac

<<

Zayabela

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:53 am

Files disappeared on my iMac

After I got from work, I turned on my iMac and noticed that some of the files were missing. I couldn't find them in the trash bin or anywhere else through the search. Can you guys suggest some methods of restoring these files? Maybe I can bring them back.
<<

Noregeni

Young Brewer

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:41 pm

Re: Files disappeared on my iMac

Well, if you couldn't find them anywhere, they probably became corrupted or deleted as a results of a hard drive malfunction. You should read this list of 13 best data recovery software for Mac and use one the programs there to restore them. When you're done with this, simply copy them to a new hard drive and you will be okay.
<<

Sawlost

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:51 am

There are many sorts of storage devices and all of them come together to be able to cause file corruption. I suggest you to visit restore hidden files from virus infected USB to learn about file recovery. You should learn about this issue whether you use a MacBook or an iMac, as no one is safe.
<<

Einetar

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:30 am

I understand you, I also think that makos is the best that the technology market can offer now, especially with their latest updates. But when I was looking for how to improve it, I found an interesting project, you can look here. There seem to be a lot of interesting programs and applications that simplify many tasks, I myself have not tested them yet, there was no time, but you can take a look and tell how you feel.
<<

davidsmith653

Post Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:10 am

thanks a lot for info!
<<

Einetar

Post Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:43 pm

davidsmith653 wrote:thanks a lot for info!

This is a perennial problem in my office. So we solved it this way, we installed the Web Paranoid utility on all the computers, and the problem solved itself. When an employee wants to download some file, this extension checks it for viruses and keeps the computer intact.

Return to Computer Chat