Favorite game of all time

<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:30 pm

kLine wrote:i think he just means that most people who have played the game really don't grasp what the story is trying to say about things like the connection between Cloud and Zack and Hojo and a few others

You win, most fanboys don't really get the metaphor. On the subject, anybody else pre-order Crisis Core? only 7 days!
@DPM: Game Informer put an article in their april fools segment on how NASA has almost completed a supercomputer that can run Crysis with maximum settings. I lol'd, is it really that demanding of a game?
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:38 pm

I can understand. Most fanboys are pretty thick headed and probably wouldn't understand it. I'll probably get Crisis Core later on when its $30. But that might be a while.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:03 pm

ff7 fanfiction supplied me with alot of hidden info. after playing the game till the clock stopped i should know SOMETHING. its so good it has all kinds of crack pot theories. like that sick guy in sector 6? or was it 8? you know the one who was all "oooo ahhhho ohh" and had that number on his arm? the guy aerith showed you? that had absolutely NOTHING to do with ANYTHING? some people think thats zack.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:18 pm

Yea I remember that guy, he lived in that little cylinder box thingy at the beginning of that town. Yea I figured it had something to do with Mako poisoning or something but it never showed anything about him later.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 pm

yea weeks after beating the game i remembered him and was like WTF?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:51 pm

I really don't think that it was Zach though. From what I can recall, I remember the setting as if many people were affected by mako poisoning.

@ light alistor - #2 ehrgeiz (rare AND awesome) - you, my friend, get mad props for having that game on your list.

@ 8-bit_ninja - Yes, it really IS that demanding of a game. The best commercial graphics card available can't even play it perfectly on all high settings... and there's a "very high" or "ultra high" or whatever also. Most people dumb the resolution down to 1024 x 768 and have to keep the settings on medium with only a little bit of the eye candy on in order to play at DECENT frame rates. It's quite insane.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 pm

heh i have the original case AND the strategy guide. super rare. have to say ehrgeiz is one of my favorite games of all time. i traded a box set of diablo for it like 4 years ago.

but itd have to be a clone of SOME sort right? i mean it had the number tattooed. maybe he was an experiment?
<<

sonic

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:08 am

The Prince of Persia Trilogy that was sick, loved it no other gane has made me feel the same way I did when I was playin Prince of Persia loool
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am

light_alistor wrote:heh i have the original case AND the strategy guide. super rare. have to say ehrgeiz is one of my favorite games of all time. i traded a box set of diablo for it like 4 years ago.

but itd have to be a clone of SOME sort right? i mean it had the number tattooed. maybe he was an experiment?

Yea maybe he was a numbered Soldier experiment. A Failed one..

Some of my favorite games besides those ps1/n64 games would be

Kingdom Hearts - The story and the gameplay, the controls and the lovable characters were great :). I played it when it first came out I was in 5th grade. My second PS2 game.

NBA Live 04 - I probably spent at least a thousand hours on this game. No kidding, I played it everyday after school and on the weekend.

Tony Hawks Underground - The first skating game I played, it had a great story, graphics and it was the best thing I have ever played with being able to co,e up like 50 ft out of a quarter pipe and do insane moves. I guess since it was the first skating game I played it really amused me.

Dragonball Z Budakai - Oh yea, DBZ was the biggest thing out there on tv for me and I could play it on my PS2. I was so into DBZ at that time and I loved the graphics and the story mode was great going from the Saiyan? Saga to the Cell Saga. The clips were fairly close to the show. This was a great game.
<<

Muck0nator

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 am

goldeneye 007 for the 64,
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Metal Gear Solid, nuff said.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Nah, tetris is where its at.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:37 pm

tetriabetes :p so no one knows about triple triad?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Triple Triad... hell yea. My FF8 game got a workout on that one, but I didn't like how the rules would change when you played in a different region. Some of the different rules just didn't work out for how I like to play. Instead, I like the Tetra Master game (I think it was called) on FF9 the best out of the minigames for FF games. I think Blitz Ball or w/e it is in the 10th game is pretty much a joke... at least, it could have been a TONNNNN better.

Also, light alistor, you wouldn't mind making a backup of your ergheiz game for ol' DPM would you? I've looked in over 10 used game stores and through dozens and dozens of torrent sites but I just can't find a good copy of the game ANYWHERE I look lol. I haven't played that game in so long... man... I miss it.

*EDIT* Thank god for Dragula96. He completely reinvented my interest in Tetris with TetriAbetes. That game is one of the best homebrew games IMO. Worth the download for sure.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Lol I remember Blitz Ball it is in the 10th game. I couldn't wait to play it since seeing at the very beginning of the game that they are playing it in that arena. But I was quite disappointed when you could finally play later on.
PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming