<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am

2011 Predictions On PS3/360 Console War

Alright, the PS3 is quickly catching up to the sales of the 360 and PS3 is coming out with way more exclusives this year... Who do you think will do best over all this year and how important do you think that this year's console sales will effect the total lifespan of this console generation?
What are your predictions? ;)
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: 2011 Predictions On PS3/360 Console War

Well we all know the PS3 is better, and the majority of sales for the Xbox are acquired from kids wanting to play Call of Duty.

The simple equation would have to be: as kids get older, they realize how ridiculous the Xbox is, and switch to PS3, thus - More PlayStation sales.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Diehard335 wrote:Well we all know the PS3 is better, and the majority of sales for the Xbox are acquired from kids wanting to play Call of Duty.

The simple equation would have to be: as kids get older, they realize how ridiculous the Xbox is, and switch to PS3, thus - More PlayStation sales.

This-

Perfect example of a fanboy comment. =D>
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image

For this message the author BKFraiders7 has received thanks:
crait
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:12 pm

BKF! You made me die laughing!
Haha. :lol:
There is some truth to what he said, though. The PS3 is superior, hardware-wise, and is not in a constant state of showing its superior hardware through the games themselves. People recognize this and want to get in on the action. People, like myself, that have been holding off forever to choose also are starting to see this, too.
Not only that, but people are moving to it because of homebrew. :) Sony should take note of that! ;)
Also, people are annoyed by all of the kids on XBox Live, which added to the fact that the price is now going up, people are buying a PS3 for online play, too.
One of my roommates has a 360 and is a big fanboy and has been saying that all PS3 online games lag sooo much. I've never seen lag in any online interactions. ;)
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Then why didn't I get a thanks.... It takes two to Shoot down Xbox... Oh wait, no it doesn't; Never mind.

Free PSN - Whoo!

For this message the author Kanadier has received thanks: 2
airplanes18, irishdragon85
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

heres my worthless two cents. having played both consoles ad havin my 360 firs i can truthfully say that the PS3 is the much better console for alot of reason first and for most being that the PSN has a more mature gaming base instead of little kids like on XBL. the ps3 also can really do everythign you can game surf the net watch blu rays and dvds it has a higher graphics quality than the 360. plus like crait said it has more exclusvies coming out this year so imo the PS3 has won the console war. oh and you cant forget that you can use your PSP as a controlller on some games
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Soo much better stuff. :D
Free online...
No ads all over the system menu...
Flash player + Web browser...
HOME IS ADDICTING!! :D
Anything you can do on the 360 can be done on the PS3, too!

If you think the 360 is better... Ask yourself this... "What my favorite 360 feature?" If you say something like Netflix, just remember that the PS3 has that, too. ;) And you probably tell yourself that you don't use any other features except the games, and you try to use that to justify your 360 ownership... "Oh, I use it just for the games." Right... And what games on the 360 are worth more than the PS3 exclusives and features of the PS3? Not a single one.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 am

My favorite 360 feature? All of my friends play it, and barely any play a ps3. All I can say is 6 years later...It took Sony long enough to become the "decisive winner", of course it seems thats with statistics made up on the spot. But none the less like I said a million times I see no reason to play a console that I can't play with friends. After 6 years I'm more interested in seeing what the future holds for next gen consoles.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 am

Exactly Ace. My friends play Xbox. So I play Xbox. The PS3 has a better processor, free online, and has bigger disks... but I get the same games and only have to pay $35 a year (who pays sticker price on anything) for Live.

But I havent had time to play Xbox in a long time. Too much school work :(

Image Image
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:24 pm

You guys need to start telling your friends they're buying the wrong console. ;)

For this message the author Kanadier has received thanks:
irishdragon85
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

"Other people do it, so I do it."
That's not a feature.
What are your favorite features? I still haven't heard any from anyone defending the 360.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I know how you feel bkf! I can't wait till this summer semester starts only taking 1 class so I'll totally have some free time again :D
And crait, you could name features for either console all day long and it still won't matter to me. If I'm not playing a game with my buddies then I get pretty bored pretty quick. This whole competition seems like a 10 hour long special Olympics >.<
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

ace wrote: This whole competition seems like a 10 hour long special Olympics >.<

I was gonna say a game of darts for the blind :|

But Crait, I think the number of friends who have the console is one of the most important features of all. In fact, if Super Nintendo was able to be played online multiplayer, I would play that more than Xbox probably if my friends were all playing it. Its not a follow the leader thing, its just the place to go and party. But PS3 owners dont know that...they dont even have party chat ;)

Image Image

For this message the author BKFraiders7 has received thanks:
ace
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:
ace wrote: This whole competition seems like a 10 hour long special Olympics >.<

I was gonna say a game of darts for the blind :|

I disagree, a blind person would clearly see that the PS3 is still better, no matter how many of your friend play Xbox. (yankin' your chain ace)

For this message the author Kanadier has received thanks:
crait
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Group chat?? What the... I've never seen anyone need that... Ever on any console.
I have just as many friends that have 360's as PS3's. In fact, more people in my household have a PS3 than 360. Well, we have two 360's in the house, but one is RRoD'd. I actually know more people with PS3's than 360's now that I think about it because of RRoD.

Primarily, the good games for the PS3 and RRoD is what drove me to get one. Any good game on the 360 is on the PS3 except Halo. (I don't like Gears of War.)
And besides, what games would I play online anyways? Out of all PS3 and 360 games, I actually don't see any reason to play them online. I guess I'm not much of an online player. Maybe Dead Rising. Online really isn't my thing, but having it for free is totally awesome.
Still, no one has mentioned anything about all the ads on the home menu of the 360... I absolutely hate that....
Oh, and how many times have you guys had RRoD's?
Next

Return to General Gaming