<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 am

Re: 2011 Predictions On PS3/360 Console War

crait, i remember rrod rates at 44 percent, even with the new ones. evil eye. still happens just the same, YLOD? yeah that was like .01 percent of FIRST GEN CONSOLES ONLY (PS3 btw)

one thing, however, i do like that the xbox has is being able to play your own music in a game. few games on ps3 let you. oh well. hope they add it sometime.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 am

crait wrote:Group chat?? What the... I've never seen anyone need that... Ever on any console.

Still, no one has mentioned anything about all the ads on the home menu of the 360... I absolutely hate that....
Oh, and how many times have you guys had RRoD's?

Well theres the problem. If you dont play online its not even a competition. You should be playing Super Smash Bros. against bots :lol:

You play single player games for the story, not for a challenge. Pitting your skills against another human being is where it is.

And never seen the need for group chat? Have you ever even used it? It is so much simpler going online and starting a party and inviting your friends in rather than getting in the same game...which begs to mention, what if you dont even have/want to play that game but want to talk to your friends?

The ads on the Xbox dont bother me. I dont sit there and watch all of them :? Besides, most of them deal with my interests. Or they are video ads that you dont even notice cause you go straight to game.

and 1. They replaced it for free.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 am

Sony plays with themselves.
Microsoft plays with your friends.

I like both systems. But 360 takes the cake for me. I already have a 25k+ gamerscore I don't want to start over with ps3, there isn't to many exclusive any more. Just few. And I play online with all my buddies. Just like it better but that's my opinion.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 am

Yeah, airplanes, my roommate's brand new 360 slim gave him the Red eye, and corrupted his hard drive. Still hasn't changed it in.
This happened when I was thinking about getting a new Slim 360 model instead of a PS3 and I just could not invest my money into something that is going to break.

BKF, I play Smash against others because it's a party game. And no, I have not ever used group chat. Like I said, there is no need for me to. I don't see when I would ever want to.

TheTyler, thanks for being honest about those gamer points! A lot of people don't want to get a PS3 because they will, "Lose their achievements!" I think Achievements and Trophies are just annoying.. But I know I'm one of just a small percentage of people.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 am

crait wrote:TheTyler, thanks for being honest about those gamer points! A lot of people don't want to get a PS3 because they will, "Lose their achievements!" I think Achievements and Trophies are just annoying.. But I know I'm one of just a small percentage of people.

That is a big part of it for me. I like PS3 dont get me wrong its GREAT console but its a platformer console and 360 is a Shooter (both have the other sprinkled in) I am not going to buy PS3 for only a couple games. I dont have that kinda cash lol.

Hopefully one day i will have both.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:21 am

Not having a 360, I can only think of a few games I would want to be able to play on the PS3. (Halo is the biggest.) I don't know what kind of platformers you mean. Like 3rd person adventure games like God of War?
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:39 am

crait wrote:Not having a 360, I can only think of a few games I would want to be able to play on the PS3. (Halo is the biggest.) I don't know what kind of platformers you mean. Like 3rd person adventure games like God of War?

yep god of war, uncharted, ratchet and clank jak and daxter..... those kinds. I love em but not enought to buy a 300 console.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 am

Lookie here, I totally get the idea that playing with your friends is good. But I'm not sure how that makes the XBOX a better console (not saying that anyone was making that argument)

Furthermore, I find it really interesting that this war is between PS3 and the 360, completely excluding the Wii, which in itself has done marvelously.

Now, way back when when the argument was that the PS3 was wayyy more expensive, i had something to say to that.

The 360 would have turned out to be more expensive for most. after a year, where most people were buying the 360 and the PS3, the PS3 was only $100 more expensive than the only Xbox comparable to the PS3: XBOX 360 ELITE (hehe). Now... think about this... there are extra costs with the xbox that noone acknowledged... WiFi adapter + controller batteries (lol) + Live membership ended up making the ELITE more expensive right off the bat, making you pay about $50 more for a system with inferior technology imo.

Of course, this is a retroactive argument... but those were some of my thoughts. I'm not sure that I really dislike either one.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:55 am

crait wrote:Any good game on the 360 is on the PS3 except Halo.

The only really good Halo was the first one, they totally dropped the ball on number two and I've never bothered to even try the others; I was so let down by number two... :(
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:51 am

Reach is fun... Mice, good to see you, again! I still think the price of the consoles are actually a big factor. I would never pay to play a game online.
You guys know that the next Modern Warfare will most likely have an additional online charge across all platforms? You're gonna pay twice as much to play a single game online if you have a 360! I don't see why it's right of people to force you to play online games, but I guess it works out for PS3 owners because the game makers don't get any of that profit!
People say that 360 owners have better servers because the online payment for Live goes to the server costs... But I've never experienced lag online with my PS3 and the servers that companies use are not funded by Microsoft. :O A completely invalid argument, not that people in this thread are saying it.
<<

gman

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:53 am

Diehard335 wrote:
crait wrote:Any good game on the 360 is on the PS3 except Halo.

The only really good Halo was the first one, they totally dropped the ball on number two and I've never bothered to even try the others; I was so let down by number two... :(

i thought halo 2 was good lol
the rest of the halos sucks tho
i dont like the ps3 cuz everything is so expensive and i dont like the 360 cuz u have to PAY TO PLAY ONLINE
i play my PC games more then anything lol
ʛᴟλאּ

For this message the author gman has received thanks:
crait
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 pm

I've got to say something that I forgot to mention...
http://www.ehow.com/how_5929067_use-chat-rooms-ps3.html
The PS3 does have PSN chatrooms that you can create and add friends to. (I.E. Group chat.)
It's through the XMB so all games support it. :)
I just never knew because I was never really interested in chatting with more than one person simultaneously.
Okay, so what features does the 360 have that the PS3 doesn't now that we got that one out of the way. :)
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:33 pm

I pretty much only play devil may cry and I already own a 360 so I play it on that ( the older ones on ps2)

So I think their both okay nothing special either side.

Btw reach sucked halo 3 was the best one
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Puncharger wrote:Btw reach sucked halo 3 was the best one

There's no beating the Halo: Combat Evolved Storyline. I don't care who you are.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Here's a list of the exclusive games for this year:

PS3

1) LittleBigPlanet 2

2) Killzone 3 (shooter)

3)Twisted Metal

4) Heroes on the Move

5) inFamous 2

6) Motorstorm: Apocalypse

7) Resistance 3 (shooter)

8 )Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (shooter)

9) Socom 4 (shooter)

10) Sorcery

11) DC Universe: Online

12) The Last Guardian (maybe?)

13) The ICO Collection (maybe?)

14) Ratchet and Clank All 4 One (maybe?)

15) Yakuza 4

1) Forza 4

2) Gears of War 3

3) Codename: D

4) Codename: Kingdoms

5) XCOM

6) Rise of Nightmares

7) Spelunky

8 ) Star Wars Kinect

9) Project Draco

10) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

The PS3 has been THE exclusive console for a while, but both systems have had good third-party support. As for the PS3 not being a shooter console, there are plenty of shooters being released this year.
PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming