<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Trailers Vs. Demos

Which do you think are more useful to your decision on buying a game? A demo or a trailer?
There are actually pro's and con's for both. On one hand, you can play a demo and actually know if a game is fun or not but the demo that you are playing is only a piece of the full game and may still be in development, so many bugs may still exist. Sometimes, those bugs make people irritated and they decide against buying the game without realizing that the bugs (or miscalibrations) are not in the full game when it comes out.
Next, you have trailers. You can't actually play them, but they can usually show you more of the plot of the game than the demo can and usually better reflect the graphics of what the final project will look like.

Personally, I like demos more and was surprised to find out that there are people out there who prefer trailers over them. Which one do you prefer?
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Trailers Vs. Demos

Demos definitely.
I know trailers that show the greatest parts of the game and when you actually play it the game turns out to be horrible.
Demos however do give you a slight time and experience of the gameplay so you can decide whether to buy the game or not.

The other thing is that, for example, on my xbox I have lots of demos that I can play if I'm bored of the (full) games I have. You can't however play trailers so... What I mean to say is you can still play the same demos every now and then, but can't watch trailers again and again :P
-Formerly DCM

Return to General Gaming