Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wii U

<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:34 am

Wii U

While Sony and Microsoft are announcing Titles for their systems, Nintendo is Introducing a Brand New Console. Bragging that You don't need a TV to play, It uses Wii Controllers, Motion, Video Chat, Stylus, Touch Screen Contoller and many more features. Is this just another Gimmick like the Wii before it? or was the Wii put out as a treat of what is to come?

You Decide.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: Wii U

Dude. The WiiU is sooo... Mert is all I can say.
Meh. They showed off nothing exciting. The WiiU is just boring. I do not want to buy a console that offers nothing new except for a huge and annoyingly expensive controller.
None of your Wii controller accessories will work with this console. That means anything else you buy, if you plan on upgrading, won't carry over to the new games to help you out.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 am

you two are complete morons.
Being redone
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am

Huh? How so? :(
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 am

Watch E3, and read what they have said.

This defeats the 2 current giants tenfold, and revlutionises gaming,
not only is it more powerfull you're get a controler that is basically a HD'DS' which can play the wii games, + touchscreen, the controler itself can link to the Wii TV, can be used with wii accesorys by ITSELF.
i wont bother explaining why this will actually anhilate the rest because the videos speak for themself.
Being redone

For this message the author Alex Finlay has received thanks:
lizgony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Well, I've seen Nintendo's E3 conference already and actually, all of those 'features' that you just mentioned are the problem with the WiiU!
For instance, the controller is a big, very expensive tablet. I hate playing games with big controllers. That's why the original Xbox had one of the worst controllers ever made. It will be bulky and get in the way easily either in your hands or in your face like the Zapper demo. And give me a break. What if I wanted to play a 2 player game that required both Wiimotes and the new WiiU controller? I'm not spending $250 on controllers. -__-'
And besides Nintendo promised the Wii would be revolutionary and get people active. Was it? Did it? No and no. Wii's around the world collect dust in the living room and didn't get people to get up. Therefore, people kept putting the WiiMote down. The Wii was a failure despite the sales it had. (Which have slumped incredibly over the past few years.) It wasn't innovative and was just annoying. They didn't get motion control right, but they kept pushing a broken system. The WiiU is not innovative. What does it add? And more importantly, will developers add crap or even require crap that shouldn't be part of a game? That's what they did with the iPhone games that major publishers have pushed forth. Remember whenever people thought that the DS would 'revolutionize' gaming? Well, to some extent, it did because it brought touching into the gaming field past what was already available what was out for PalmOS... But, games started requiring users to use the touch screen when it was not even necessary! Even today, my roommate can't play his Pokemon Black game because it requires him to use the touch screen for a specific part and his touch screen is broken. I don't know why they make you use the touch screen for it instead of just selecting it with buttons, but that's how they made it. And that's really an example that isn't to the extreme. Most of the time, you're required to draw a gesture on the screen to move through menus when you should be able to use the buttons instead! It's so gimmicky and I'm afraid that is what the WiiU is going to turn its games into.

Why did they not just make the 3DS a controller, too? The PSVita is a controller for the PS3 and does the same thing the WiiU controllers do.

Oh, and no, the WiiU will not have better specs than the PS3 or 360. The graphics they showed were of the PS3 and 360. They showed nothing for the WiiU except Zelda and that bird demo which looked very unrealistic. Oh, and you can draw on the Wii, now. (Even though the UDraw has been out for a while.)
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Plus the games are marketed towards 3-8 year olds. Just wait until Sony releases their next console. ;). I just wish Xbox would release a handheld.
<<

lizgony

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 pm

crait wrote:Well, I've seen Nintendo's E3 conference already and actually, all of those 'features' that you just mentioned are the problem with the WiiU!
For instance, the controller is a big, very expensive tablet. I hate playing games with big controllers. That's why the original Xbox had one of the worst controllers ever made. It will be bulky and get in the way easily either in your hands or in your face like the Zapper demo. And give me a break. What if I wanted to play a 2 player game that required both Wiimotes and the new WiiU controller? I'm not spending $250 on controllers. -__-'
And besides Nintendo promised the Wii would be revolutionary and get people active. Was it? Did it? No and no. Wii's around the world collect dust in the living room and didn't get people to get up. Therefore, people kept putting the WiiMote down. The Wii was a failure despite the sales it had. (Which have slumped incredibly over the past few years.) It wasn't innovative and was just annoying. They didn't get motion control right, but they kept pushing a broken system. The WiiU is not innovative. What does it add? And more importantly, will developers add crap or even require crap that shouldn't be part of a game? That's what they did with the iPhone games that major publishers have pushed forth. Remember whenever people thought that the DS would 'revolutionize' gaming? Well, to some extent, it did because it brought touching into the gaming field past what was already available what was out for PalmOS... But, games started requiring users to use the touch screen when it was not even necessary! Even today, my roommate can't play his Pokemon Black game because it requires him to use the touch screen for a specific part and his touch screen is broken. I don't know why they make you use the touch screen for it instead of just selecting it with buttons, but that's how they made it. And that's really an example that isn't to the extreme. Most of the time, you're required to draw a gesture on the screen to move through menus when you should be able to use the buttons instead! It's so gimmicky and I'm afraid that is what the WiiU is going to turn its games into.

Why did they not just make the 3DS a controller, too? The PSVita is a controller for the PS3 and does the same thing the WiiU controllers do.

Oh, and no, the WiiU will not have better specs than the PS3 or 360. The graphics they showed were of the PS3 and 360. They showed nothing for the WiiU except Zelda and that bird demo which looked very unrealistic. Oh, and you can draw on the Wii, now. (Even though the UDraw has been out for a while.)

dude pls shutthafup you dont know what you're talking about the graphics are prooved to be 1.5 times better and btw the most games they demonstrated at e3 where fps and that's gonna be awesome because than at least those fat lazy gamers know how its like to really aim and the graphics are even more reallistic the only reason why you think its not reallistic(that bird in the e3 presentation) is because the video on youtube isnt in Hd and btw im for xbox ánd nintendo and im typing this message on my wii right now so it Does do something !
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 am

How were they proved to be better graphics? Because at E3 they showed videos of gameplay footage? Guess what! That wasn't the WiiU playing those games. They showed video footage from the 360 and PS3. :P
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174313p1.html
Will the WiiU have better graphics than the PS3 and 360? In some games, but not all.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... -u-article
So, where is your proof?

And just because you get on the internet with the Wii and browse around, there is still a gap. It doesn't compensate for the extremely large lack of good games. Personally, I believe the same problem will happen with the WiiU. People are going to make games that solely rely on the new controller and forget about everything else and we're going to end up with bad games just like on the first Wii. That's what happened with the DS. It was filled with games that developers thought, "If we use the touch screen enough, we won't have to worry about anything else." And you know what's worse about the WiiU? You can only use 1 WiiU controller at a time, while everyone else you're playing with are going to play with the original Wii controllers. That's not innovative, that's restrictive. If I play a multiplayer FPS on the WiiU, not that I would want to with such a big controller, none of my friends that are playing with me will be able to use the same controller and will obviously have some disadvantages. That's not fair to the player, the developer, or consumer.

Oh, and I watched the bird demo on my HDTV on G4's presentation that was in HD. I don't know why you're being so harsh on me, especially since you made up half of what you said based off of nonsense and guess.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:25 am

rofl, Xbox/ps3 fanboy getting pissed above
Being redone
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am

Fanboy? I've explained that there is just nothing special about the WiiU and no reason for people to want it given the reputation that Nintendo has had for the last 5 or 6 years.... If using logic and reasoning is a fanboy, then I must be a huge one... 8)
<<

jrennen

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 am

The Wii U has some great ideas, but I think they launched a little too early. They should have launched strong with some great games. They also, should have upt their graphics power a bit too, to anticipate upcoming competing systems.

Return to WiiU