Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Help with home brew from the past - 2.71 SE-C

Hi,

A long time ago (2006 to be exact), I had a friend help me install some homebrew software on my original PSP. I wasn't involved with the process of how he actually installed the software or what was done to my PSP other than it was cool to play bootlegged games using Liberty City Stores. After a while, I put my PSP on the shelf and haven't really touched it - until today. In an attempt to play some new games, I've found that they aren't loading because of my custom software.

I'm now looking to upgrade my PSP to a newer version - 3.73 or later specifically. Automatically upgrading over the internet using the normal channels for updates doesn't work, nor does trying to update via a UMD. The error message that I get says "The game could not be started. (DADADADA)".

I'm at a point now where I don't care so much about having custom firmware or not, but rather just hoping for a functional PSP again. A Google search of the software version lead me to this site, and I'm hoping someone could give me some insight on how I can get back to playing games again.

Thanks!

Giz