Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

photography

<<

chafila

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:47 pm

photography

I want to learn photography, which camera should i start out with? Okay, so i'm only in high school, but i'm trying to figure out what i want to do with my life. Photography has always been something i love, but i'm just now getting into it. So my question is, what's the best camera to start out with if you are really interested in Photography?
Last edited by chafila on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

Re: photography

Well, if you're going to be doing photography for artistic purposes, you need an SLR. That is a kind of camera that when you look into, you look out the lens instead of a little window like most other cameras. Disposable cameras are the best example of a non-SLR camera because you just look through a piece of plastic instead of the lens. You're going to want to choose either film or digital, yourself. Depending on what you want to do with it. With film, you actually have more control over how the picture turns out, but if you use a digital SLR, you can use Photoshop or other tools to touch up your pictures. If you choose film, you need to choose if you want black and white or color film. Now, there's a few choices, but there is not clearly a superior one to the others. It's just preference. I would rather use a digital SLR because I wouldn't have to constantly buy film and I'm pretty good with Photoshop, but after that, I would choose black and white over colored film.
Depending on which you choose, there's hundreds of cameras out there, but I've always used a Pentax K-1000 for film.
Remember that there is actually quite a lot of stuff involved in taking photographs. It's not just snapping a picture. There's a lot of settings to adjust before you take a picture. Cameras are no where near close enough to know how to auto-adjust and auto-focus better than humans do, even though most companies will try to tell you otherwise.
:P Hope that helps some.
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 am

to be honest I feel like you can start with any camera... just depends on your budget. So... whats your budget?
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

bakkielo

Post Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:00 am

Hi, I'm a photographer and I have good experience in projects, can you tell me where I can find a job as a freelancer? Thanks in advance.
<<

lisamoo

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:22 am

I really like taking pictures. I love taking pictures of people, nature and animals. But I didn't have enough skills to start making money from it. One day I came across a 30-day online photography course https://www.iphotography.com/online-photography-course/. I got madly interested and decided to sign up. I have never regretted it! Now I'm taking better pictures and making money from it.
<<

tiyalford

Post Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:35 pm

When I started taking photos, I also thought I needed an expensive camera to take quality photos. But really, it's not that important. You just have to practice more. A good photographer will make a masterpiece on any camera, even a mobile one (don't beat me up for saying that).

Return to Graphics Section