<<

Benjiiro

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:06 pm

Hello! '-')/

Hey everyone! b'-')b

My name is Ben. I am a PSP n00b.

I've been running NDS homebrew for years now, and have only just recently picked up a PSP with 1.50 Firmware on it. My first priority will be to upgrade the firmware to M33 and so on. Or at least, that's what I've come to understand after briefly researching it. If you have any advice, please share it! XD

The games I have for the system, at the moment, are: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, FFT: War of the Lions, MGS: Portable Ops, and WipeOut Pure.

Being that I'm still new to what the system and it's homebrew community has to offer, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it. Games obviously, but I'd also like to explore the system's multi-media and internet applications.

Anyway, this forum was one of the first places I've found that looks friendly and very helpful! I'll no doubt ask a ton of questions, so please bear with me! ;._.)/
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:08 pm

whats up Benjiro?
This site has all kinds of useful stuff to help figure things out. After i got Custom firmware (M33), i've never gotton bored with my psp, because its like having a bunch of systems put into one portable!

but ya, these guys are all great, and theres so much to do with a psp that it should keep you busy for a while.

see ya around, and feel free to ask questions

and btw, how does NDS homebrew work? off of blank cartridges that fit in the DS and GBA slots?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey welcome to the Brew, if ya need anything just ask :).
<<

Benjiiro

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks, sounds great!^^

There are a couple ways to run homebrew on the NDS. The most popular method is having a loader in the DS cartridge slot running in tandem with a cartridge (that contains memory like micro SD) in the GBA slot. There are also some carts that have done away with the need for the GBA cartridge, packing everything into a slim DS style cart also. Either method works great (no real fear of bricking the system), and offers a variety of applications, although things like video and MP3s are just a wee bit too much for DS (they can run, but will skip occasionally).
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:23 pm

well, the PSP is quickly advancing in homebrew, its pretty cool. I like the idea of having basically all of my favorite classic systems compact into one portable (and if you have a slim psp, you can run AV cables onto a TV, almost making it a combination home-console). I never played most SNES/NES, or sega genesis games, or even PSX games (which all run perfectly smooth for the most part on the PSP) so i'm almost never bored haha.

ya, so anyway, just look around, its pretty awesome.

are there emulators on the NDS? like SNES?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Benjiiro wrote:Thanks, sounds great!^^

There are a couple ways to run homebrew on the NDS. The most popular method is having a loader in the DS cartridge slot running in tandem with a cartridge (that contains memory like micro SD) in the GBA slot. There are also some carts that have done away with the need for the GBA cartridge, packing everything into a slim DS style cart also. Either method works great (no real fear of bricking the system), and offers a variety of applications, although things like video and MP3s are just a wee bit too much for DS (they can run, but will skip occasionally).

That sounds pretty cool, sounds a little bit simpler to start using than having to downgrade and upgrade and use pandoras battery and all that. But it's worth it in the end :).
<<

zanerith

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:13 am

welcome to the site. Don't forget to post questions in the help section :D
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:26 pm

ya the PSP has a little more horsepower, and probably has a decent bit more of homebrew potential than a DS. Sounds cool though.

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!