<<

Midnight

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:53 am

Howdy

Hey everyone..

Came across this site after I downgraded my PSP from 2.71 and wanted to check the land of homebrew. My PSP was sitting on the shelf, collecting dust untill one day I heard the term homebrew. Been researching here on your guys site and now I breathed new life in my PSP.

So just want to say hi and thanks for the wonderful site and information you provide.

midnight :twisted:
<<

Mailas

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:03 am

Welcome! To Both the Site the You're New 1.50 Firmware!
With the 1.50 firmware you will be able to consume marvolous things!

If you are not familiar with the term: Homebrew please do ask if you're not sure! But Il tell ya anyways! :wink:

Homebrew (as said above) is like a "picture pocket" that will "pocket" right into you're handheld PSP.
To make it more clearer, it can be lots of things.

Applications
    Applications are things for the PSP (in this case) that will help our lives (in this case lol) be a lot easier.
    Like for example, on you're PSP right now Im assuming you don't have custom backgrounds, you just have the main wavy background.
    Applications can fix that! Like an application named: x-flash. It flashes things onto you're PSP from the memory stick to make you're PSP more enjoyable.

Games
    Yes, there are games in homebrew. Some are basically made in LUA (lua is a type of coding which is really easy for beginners that enjoy making homebrew)
    And most homebrew applications are made by pros in either the coding: C or C++ language.
    You don't need to know this (unless you are at the point where you would love to make homebrew)

Emulators and Loaders
    This is in blue because I just loveeeeee these.
    Emulators are a type of loader that willl Load a .ROM binary file for a certain system.
    ROMs are the games from the system. The system could be a SNES, NES (super nintendo/entertainment system/NES)
    or it could be GBA, and heck there are people like a good programmer named strmnrmn that is coming out with an N64 Emulator! Theres also Sega and Capcom and others, but ROM files MUSTT at all times be used at caution. They are illegal to load since they are property of Companies that made them to be converted on a certain system.
    They are being leaked from people for us to download, but no one will catch you (99% chance of not getting caught)
    I have a site where you could get LOADS of cool roms, but enough about emulators, lets get to LOADERS!!!!

Loaders are my favourite since they load REALLY NIIIIICE games. Whats the games you ask? Well its PSP Games!!!
    The PSP games are files called .ISOs. You can get these from torrents (pm me for a good site for torrents)
    .ISOs ofcourse are also copyright of companies. In this case, they are the trademark/copyright of "Sony".
    So these must also be used at caution.
    Also, they are BIIIG files so be sure to get a good enough memory stick (256 mb memory stick or 512 mb memory stick should do)

The best Loader out there is called Devhook. Another one is called Fast Loader, and some more are:
    UMD Emulator
    ZDAX Loader.

The best I reccomend would be either Devhook or ZDax Loader.
    Out of those two I reccomend devhook lol.

Devhook can emulate a firmware. But If you would like to know more just PM me or post away!

Thanks for coming! Enjoy you're Stay!

<<

Midnight

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:17 am

Wow! Thanks for that nice intro Mailas...

I do want to learn how to make ISO's out of my existing UMD's so I don'ht have to keep carrying them around with me..

As far as ROM's Im set with that..Last time I counted I have 7000+ :D
Nice being part of the pleasuredome. Im a platinum member there..

I have been always a old scool gamer and always found that the games of the past are far more enjoyable than most of the games today. Went as far as to build my own MAME machine.
www.geocities.com/dbdeth

I'm also part of a huge gaming community with yearly LAN parites where guys come in from all over the world to play. 3 days of online gaming is great.. (withhold plugging the site) not sure how you guys are with that.

Again thank you and looking forward to meeting more of you guys..

Thanks.
midnight :twisted:
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:56 am

Greeting homie!
<<

Mailas

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:00 pm

To make ISOs use UMD Gen.
If you need anymore help just post!

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!