Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

3.03 OE-C questions

<<

H@gi

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:22 am

3.03 OE-C questions

I have just upgraded my 1.5 psp to 3.03 OE-C but I have a lot of questions.
Can I run a psp game iso without umd in the drive?
If I brick my psp can I do anything? I heard something about a recovery mode.
What happens if I press R while I open the psp?
The file game303 what is that for?
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:53 am

GAME303 is for putting things while in your 3.03 Kernal. Do not worry about it.
When you are putting games, homebrew, and applications put it in the GAME folder, but you need to switch to
1.50 kernal. This will answer your other question.
To switch to 1.50 kernal, you need to go to recovery mode. To do this simply turn off your PSP, and press R while turning it back on. Then switch to 1.50 kernal from one of the menus. To run an ISO without the UMD in the drive, I believe that is possible for default since something called NoUMD is enabled. If it isnt, enable it (from recovery).
<<

H@gi

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:14 am

Mailas G wrote:When you are putting games, homebrew, and applications put it in the GAME folder, but you need to switch to
1.50 kernal.

I put snes_tyl in game150 and in the recovery mode I used 303 kernel and it worked fine. Should I switch to 1.50 kernal? Is there any difference?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:34 pm

If it works why fix it? Get what I'm saying?

I just put my things in the GAME folder b/c that is how us old skewl people did it on version 1.50. You can also use the GAME150 folder for the same thing. The stuff that needs the 3.xx+ kernel (not much) should be put in the GAME303 folder.

Bottom line, if it works, why fix it?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

y1wang86

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:33 am

I have 3.03 OE-C as well, but i dont see any of the GAME303 or GAME150 folders, all i have is the GAME folder, is there something wrong?

also, is there any way to downgrade 3.03 OE-C back to the original 1.5 firmware? I heard u can do that in recovery mode but I am not sure where
<<

INeedNoClocks

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:08 am

You probably don't see the two separate folders because you haven't reformatted the memory stick since installing the custom firmware. As I understand it, the GAME folder runs software under the kernel currently selected in recovery mode. The GAME150 or GAME303 folders run software under the kernel associated with the number in the folder name, regardless of the kernel you have selected in recovery mode. At least, that's what my limited amount of fiddling with things has indicated. If I'm wrong, though, someone correct me. As for re-downgrading...I'll leave that to someone with a bit more psp experience than myself.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:47 am

y1wang86 wrote:also, is there any way to downgrade 3.03 OE-C back to the original 1.5 firmware? I heard u can do that in recovery mode but I am not sure where

Follow the tutorial for un-bricking a psp. It will downgrade back to 1.50. The tutorial can be found by clicking the link in my sig.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.

Return to PSP Tutorials