Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

[Tutorial] Pandora's Battery Installation Procedure

<<

speed_raca7

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:11 pm

yeah i have 3.72 i thought i read somewhere that i cant do anything about it... but if i can just make a pandora's battery or buy a "TOOL" one because im lazy lol... but not to lazy to install lights. im just not soo good with this computer stuff. I can do wiring and things like that but when it comes to programing software and doing all this crazy file stuff i sorta get lost. I put what seemed to be all the corect things on the mem stick but the screen was still blank.
does anyone have anything against the datel TOOL batt?
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:24 pm

What most people have against the TOOL is that it is an attempt at making money off another person's creation. I think that you have the battery made, do any lights come on when you put it in? If all else fails, there are people like Asddasit who can convert your battery and memory stick for you. That's what I am doing instead of the desoldering method
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

eckounltd

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:16 pm

pandora easy eboot

check out the pandora easy eboot insaller it installs full 150 to memory stick so when u downgrade ull have full 150

sTaY fLy PM ME Pandora Expert (use to be n expert)
<<

speed_raca7

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Im not sure if my original battery that came with the psp will still work because i took off one of the wrong pins on a different chip but later took off the correct one... i ended up buying another battery but it is a 2200mAh. yes the power lights well i guess light goes on but the screen is blank. could removing the pin on the wrong chip have messed it up? the pin i took off and ended up breaking is the one that would look like the chip with the pin your supposed to remove because it is also on the bottom right corner if your looking at the batt from the connector view. i can try and give it another shot but ill have to put the psp together...

What is the way without desoldering?
should i just use the pandora easy eboot?
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:30 am

The thing about the easy eboot installer is that it won't run on a non-homebrew/custom PSP, I've tried.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

eckounltd

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:53 am

pandora easy eboot

u need a homebrew able psp for it

sTaY fLy PM ME Pandora Expert (use to be n expert)
<<

freak45

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:26 pm

I NEED HELP

WHEN I START PANDORAS BATTERY FIRM. INSTALLER
IT SAYS THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED
(8002014C)
WHAT DO I DO ANYONE HELP PLEASE
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Re: I NEED HELP

freak45 wrote:WHEN I START PANDORAS BATTERY FIRM. INSTALLER
IT SAYS THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED
(8002014C)
WHAT DO I DO ANYONE HELP PLEASE

The psp that you run this on must be homebrew enabled. You need a PSP that is on official 1.50 firmware or on a custom (hacked) firmware.
<<

freak45

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 pm

How

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET CUSTOM FIRMWARE ON MY PSP
OR CAN I USE DOWNLOADED FIRMWARE FROM THE NET TO MAKE THE FILES INTO HOMEBREW?
PLEASE ANSWERS
OH AND WHEN WILL DARK ALEX CREATE A DOWNGRADER FOR 3.71
<<

freak45

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:20 pm

WTF

speed_raca7 wrote:Im not sure if my original battery that came with the psp will still work because i took off one of the wrong pins on a different chip but later took off the correct one... i ended up buying another battery but it is a 2200mAh. yes the power lights well i guess light goes on but the screen is blank. could removing the pin on the wrong chip have messed it up? the pin i took off and ended up breaking is the one that would look like the chip with the pin your supposed to remove because it is also on the bottom right corner if your looking at the batt from the connector view. i can try and give it another shot but ill have to put the psp together...

What is the way without desoldering?
should i just use the pandora easy eboot?

WHICH CLIP IS IT
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:29 am

Re: How

freak45 wrote:IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET CUSTOM FIRMWARE ON MY PSP
OR CAN I USE DOWNLOADED FIRMWARE FROM THE NET TO MAKE THE FILES INTO HOMEBREW?
PLEASE ANSWERS
OH AND WHEN WILL DARK ALEX CREATE A DOWNGRADER FOR 3.71

OMG STOP WITH THE CAPS! No one knows when there will be a 3.71 downgrader, would be nice though. And you need to get a pandora's battery and magic memory stick in order to get custom firmware on your psp.
Putting the specific files on your memory stick makes it the 'Magic Memory Stick'.
<<

speed_raca7

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:42 pm

correct me if im wrong a "pandora's battery" is a regular psp battery with that pin removed right? With that i can put it in my psp with the crazy confuzing program and run the installer and such?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:58 pm

Correct. Once you make the Pandora's battery, you just have to put the certain files on your memstick to make it a Magic Memory Stick with which combined create a Downgraded/Unbricked PSP 8). But in order to run the pandora's battery installer and such, you need a psp with 1.50 firmware or a custom firmware on it.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Not 100% correct. You don't HAVE to move the pin in order to make a pandoras battery. You can simply follow this tutorial, but if you don't have access to a second PSP unit to make the pandoras battery, as a last ditch effort, you can try desoldering the pin in the battery to make it a pandoras battery.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

speed_raca7

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:48 am

AdventWolf wrote:Correct. Once you make the Pandora's battery, you just have to put the certain files on your memstick to make it a Magic Memory Stick with which combined create a Downgraded/Unbricked PSP 8). But in order to run the pandora's battery installer and such, you need a psp with 1.50 firmware or a custom firmware on it.
how am i supposed to put on something to downgrade a psp to 1.5 when i need 1.5 to do it?? i dont get it i need some major help with this... so i guess i created a magic memstick and a pandoras batt that i think may work, but i dont know how to use the installer. i need sum help man :shock:

btw i can use my friends psp if that would help??
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials