[Tutorial] Pandora's Battery Installation Procedure

<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:16 am

so pandoras battery can downgrade your psp? if so can you restore your battery and memstick and still be downgraded? because i have only 1 battery but i have a few memsticks i dont use.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:54 pm

yes, once you've completed the process you can restore everything. Memory stick just needs to be reformatted. Refer to the instructions below to restore your battery.

Quick guide to converting your battery written by jas0nuk

If you only have one battery and want to unbrick your PSP, you can.

1) Convert your battery into a jigkick one using "Pandora's Battery Creator", but before you press X, press TRIANGLE to backup your battery's EEPROM to ms0:/eeprom.bin
2) Unbrick your PSP as normal
3) When you are done unbricking, take out the battery and the magic memory stick. Start up the PSP using the AC adaptor (do not try to use a USB charger, it will not start up)
4) Insert the magic memory stick and the magic battery
5) Run "Pandora's Battery Creator" again
6) Press L+R to restore the ms0:/eeprom.bin to your battery

NOTE: You can also restore a battery without having made a backup, by pressing SQUARE at step 6. This will generate a fake serial for your battery (0x12345678) which allows it to work normally, but there could be side-effects.

Have fun, and thanks to everyone in the Prometheus/C+D team.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

lalilulelo

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 pm

awesome! THANK YOU STAXX AND DARKPACKMAN77!!!!
:edit:
@darkpackman77:hey the mgs series is a really great series and its kinda sad that mgs4 is the last and final tale of solid snake. he can finally die the way he wanted or maybe not and keep in mind theres legions of fans(and people who just wanna master it)of metal gear online its pretty fun it might even beat halos online multiplayer(not so sure about counterstrike though thats still going strong)
Last edited by lalilulelo on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image I'm rocking Dark-Alex's 3.71m33 firmware with his 1.50 kernel update for the fat psp.............I want a slim now >.<!
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to add that part of the tutorial. I left my house again and I'm at a friend's for the night that has electricity. There are about 10 power trucks working on my road right now though, but there are two downed trees. I'll probably be able to be online more regularly by tomorrow night. Consumer's Power says 10pm tomorrow. Anyways, I'll add those steps to the main tutorial.

And you're welcome, lalilulelo, you MGS fan you ;)

*edit* - I added the guide on how to revert the battery.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:46 pm

This tutorial meets the criteria for being accepted by Han Solo. I suggest you don't piss off the empire. Great guide.
Image Image
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:38 am

Lthanks staxx
<<

Jayda

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 am

Just got this to restore a psp that i bricked awhile ago. Worked a treat! Just a question though guys, I went from the 1.5 recovery FW and flashed 3.40 OE a, working fine, but when try to recover the battery it says
' The game could not be started (8002014C) '

I would like to recover the battery whilst I wait for a cheap one off ebay to use, as This one is the original.

What shall I do next fellas?

Cheers

jayda
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:41 pm

did you switch your kernel to 1.50 by going into the recovery menu and to configurations?
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:19 pm

Jayda wrote:Just got this to restore a psp that i bricked awhile ago. Worked a treat! Just a question though guys, I went from the 1.5 recovery FW and flashed 3.40 OE a, working fine, but when try to recover the battery it says
' The game could not be started (8002014C) '

I would like to recover the battery whilst I wait for a cheap one off ebay to use, as This one is the original.

What shall I do next fellas?

Cheers

jayda

Make sure you have a game or game demo disc inserted in your umd tray then try to run the program, or as suggested above double check to make sure you have your kernel set to 1.50.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Jayda

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:44 am

yeah fellas, UMD inserted. But I have since upgraded to 3.4 OEa , i'll Just use the Pandoras to reflash back to 1.5 to recover the battery and than pop in my CFW memory stick. Thanks a bunch guys. this site kicks arse.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:57 pm

I would let you go out and use pandoras battery to recover to 1.50, but It's just not right! Especially to a new brewer that's complimenting us! lol! Only use the Battery as a last resort! Instead use the recovery folder to go back. PM me and I'll give you the link. :wink:
<<

docnoc

Young Brewer

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:15 pm

When to use which PSP

I understand the steps yet do not know when I am to use the homebrew PSP and when to use the PSP I want to unbrick or downgrade.

any clarification would be great.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:30 pm

You need to use the homebrewed psp to actually make the "magic memory stick" and the "jigkick" battery - then you put those in the secondary psp.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

AhmedRa

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:33 pm

Pandora TROUBLE

Hi.... I need some help....

I followed each and every step very carefully, but im having some trouble. After craeting a GAME directory, I placed the four files that is asked for within the GAME folder. I also placed the EBOOT.PBP file on the root of your memory stick pro duo, and renamed it to "UPDATE.PBP" Once I stop the USB connection and go to the memory stick I see 2 files that are corrupt and 2 files that are not corrupt. The two files that are not corrupt are; Pandora's Battery Firm. Installer, and Pandora's Battery Creator. However, once I select the "Pandora's Battery Firm. Installer" the PSP restarts and then it shows me a screen saying "The game could not be started. (8002014C)." I don't know what to do. Someone please help.

Thanks!
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:14 am

Try changing your kernel to 1.50...

You can achieve this by powering off your psp. When you turn it back on hold the r trigger, this will bring you to recovery. Go into the configurations and change your kernel to 1.50.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials