What to do now?

<<

edwin0foong

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:09 am

What to do now?

Hi guys,

What is the first step i need to do right after i get my psp. I heard something about pandora battery and i am really lost. please advise. if i need to buy a pandora battery, is it any battery? i am so so lost. Hehe!!

Thanks
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:13 am

Ya, you'll need to buy a modified battery and modified memory stick called "Pandora's Battery and Magic Memory Stick".
When you stick those in your psp you can get on CFW (Custom Firmware).
Then you can rune homebrew and emulators.
You already buy a psp? is it a phat or slim?
<<

edwin0foong

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:16 am

AdventWolf wrote:Ya, you'll need to buy a modified battery and modified memory stick called "Pandora's Battery and Magic Memory Stick".
When you stick those in your psp you can get on CFW (Custom Firmware).
Then you can rune homebrew and emulators.
You already buy a psp? is it a phat or slim?

i got a slim one. rune homebrew? this is making me even blurer. hehe! thanks for such a quick reply. do u know where i can get pandora battery and magic memory stick? and how much does it cost?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:17 am

Ah lol I meant run*. Homebrew is just homemade applications and programs.
You can buy this on ebay.
<<

edwin0foong

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:20 am

so do i just buy the battery or must i buy memory card as well. is it just a normal memory card or is it a special one?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:24 am

Both, and they are both special. You can't use them to play the psp, but when you insert them you can use them to move your psp to a CFW to play homebrew and stuff. You can revert them back to normal afterwards, unless you want to keep them in case you accidentally brick your psp or know a friend that you could do this to his psp if he wanted.
<<

edwin0foong

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:26 am

what do u mean by brick the psp?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 am

I moved the topic to the Help section. Try to keep questions in the help section and tutorials in their section respectfully. If you have a question about a tutorial, however, just write the question in the tutorial thread and someone will help you that way as well ;)

Anywho, "bricking" a PSP is a way to "break" the PSP. What happens is that the flash0 (where the PSP's firmware is stored on its motherboard) goes corrupt and can't load properly anymore. It pretty much makes the PSP useless. Here is a video of a bricked PSP for you to check out to see what we mean. If you have custom firmware, fixing a bricked PSP is easy using the "Recovery Mode". To see how to access recovery mode on a PSP with custom firmware, check out this video.

Also, you shouldn't worry too much about bricking a PSP now, even if you don't have custom firmware. If you don't, and it bricks, it's easily fixable by buying a "slim tool" made by the company Datel or getting a despertar cementerio battery on ebay. For a link to the tool that I describe, check out my Pandora's Battery Tutorial. At the bottom of it, I included a FAQ (frequently asked questions) and also link to the tool.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.

Return to PSP Help