<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:16 pm

PSP Phat Battery error

Hey guys, my friend is going to buy a PSP after seeing the awesomeness that is CFW. He found one locally but apparently there is a problem with staying on without a charger. Apparently it can only stay on for about 2-3 minutes and then it'll turn off. When it's in a charger though there's no problem. I haven't seen the PSP myself but I'm just guessing he dropped it and a pin broke or something. I'm wondering if this is fixable since he doesn't want to shell out a lot for one (Gamestop has them fro $120)
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Have you tried using a different battery? It might just be that the battery has become faulty.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Oh, I thought I mentioned that. No, all the batteries used with it didn't work. My friend got a used one at Gamestop though so he doesn't care anymore. Problem solved!
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Devil May Cry wrote:Oh, I thought I mentioned that. No, all the batteries used with it didn't work. My friend got a used one at Gamestop though so he doesn't care anymore. Problem solved!

This is interesting, my friends psp slim battery started doing the same thing. It would work with the charger fine. But, if you had the battery and charger in at the same time it had the possibility off turning off at random, and the battery failed altogether.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:48 pm

I was actually able to fix this. If you get 2 thin pieces of wire and put them on the + and - poles of the battery and then put both of the other ends to your tongue, you'll feel a slight charge go through. After that, the battery worked fine.
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Devil May Cry wrote:I was actually able to fix this. If you get 2 thin pieces of wire and put them on the + and - poles of the battery and then put both of the other ends to your tongue, you'll feel a slight charge go through. After that, the battery worked fine.

Funny way to fix a battery, i'll see if this works on the slim battery.

Whilst we're on battery errors. My slim battery recently has a weird glitch.

The PSP Batter bar in the top corner is completely empty, the battery settings says it is charged at 7%, however.. it treats 7% as 100%, and lasts for the normal amount of time. And, as it goes down, the psp's green light doesn't flash to signify low power, because 7% is treated as 100%, 1% would be treated as about 14%
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 am

i would have to say that your cells are close to dead or your board is on the fritz. my fone was donig the same. when you charge it what happens? my fone when from 4 bars to 1 within 10 minutes, and lasted a week like that.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 pm

airplanes18 wrote:i would have to say that your cells are close to dead or your board is on the fritz. my fone was donig the same. when you charge it what happens? my fone when from 4 bars to 1 within 10 minutes, and lasted a week like that.

It'll say it's fully charged back when it was messed up. But it wouldn't turn on.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:01 am

its a phat you say, i am almost 99% sure your cells are dead. you will need a new battery. i found one (good luck finding one) that came with a 4gb HDD. it wasnt a mem card, but a HDD, and the battery is huge. i suggest looking on game stop.com for it, then calling local stores for it, since they dont makew them any more. the battery lasts forever, specially in a slim! 22h 16 is what the battery status says on the slim at 90%!!!! that phat might only get 7-9 hours depending .
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.

Return to PSP Help