Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Help needed for a poor idiot

<<

Zhade

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:34 am

Help needed for a poor idiot

okay, excuse me if I'm breaking any forum rules, I just didn't understand the "read before you post" at all.
I've tried to solve the problem myself, but the jargon kills me dead, and I really don't have the time to read into it, I'm a busy man, and when I have free time, I wanna play PSP, not read post after post looking for answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So here's the deal. I bought a PSP, one of the older thicker ones, cause I knew the newest ones were a lost cause. I can't remember what firmware I had at all. I just turned it over to this shop faraway from here, and I got the impression he didn't have PSP flashing as his main business.
So afterwards, I tried some game ISOs and they worked. However, I haven't got ANYTHING else to work. No emulators or any other homebrews work, and I'd like to think I put them in the right folders and such. I haven't got eloader to work either, but I don't know if I need it. Pandora this, CFW that, GTA:LS tricks to the left and right, and... you get the picture. That's why I'm asking you wise men (and/or women) to help me according to what I have.
So, current firmware: 3.71 m33-2
On some emulators, like the snes9x and PSPvice ones, the icon appears in the menu, but when I start them, either nothing happens, or it tries to boot it, but after a few seconds proclaims that it couldn't be started.
I would guess it's a Custom firmware that the dude installed. Where's the problem, you think? Do I need eloader? Should it work, only that I'm putting files in the wrong directories and whatnot? Should I upgrade to a newer CFW? Am I screwed and should give up?
If you could be overly clear and put everything in easy steps, I'd be super-appreciative. I'm a movie producer you know, I'll remember you when I get to the top.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm

you kinda need to read these posts. no one will just hand you answers when you dont try cause your too busy. if you want it all without the work enlist a brewer here to do it for you for money so we actually get something out of it. browse the tutorials use google. i can give you decent links to guides.

im not a mod so im not big on you breaking rules but if you were curious. yes this probably needed to be in the help section.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Not to harp on you, but your explanation pretty much says that your time is more valuable than ours. We took the time to learn our sh*t. You should too.

And about 80-90% of what I learned about PSP moding came from this site right here, and now I'm writing tutorials.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Zhade

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:35 pm

kay, sorry, I usually ask people on forums if I don't know something about something. If I spent time figuring something out then I'd gladly help someone out who were in the same position as I once was - that's what I thought was the meaning of forums. But since yours are saleable skills, then I completely understand that you won't help me for free, just like that.
And about me valuing my time more than yours- my thought was that maybe this was a classic fault i was doing or something that would have taken someone in the know 30 seconds to type out the solution to, or at least a clue or tip, whereas it will probably take me ages because I'm technically retarded. I'm not looking to become a homebrew expert, i just wanna play c64 on my psp. But I guess I have to get my donkey in gear and do it myself, or pay someone. I'm really sorry if I offended/annoyed you.

I looked for a help section but didn't find it. But I didn't look too hard. Sorry again. A mod could move this, or remove it completely.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:11 pm

it wasnt WHAT youe were saying dude. it was HOW you were saying it. were happy to help new brewers alot of us for free. but you need to put some decent effort in and when you get stuck. i mean really stuck then ask a more SPECIFIC question or two. all the things you asked are asked on this forum everyday.

"OMFG yous mean i can PLAYS HOMEBREW?! HOW HOW HOW?!" youll find we dont usually help those people. your new we appreciate your participation but we arent tech support.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 pm

If your going to talk so badly about a forum that has helped thousands of users, and waste time you could have spent researching the problem yourself, then explain to us why should members spend so many hours writing tutorials and helping people in the help section when you won't even read it? You didn't even spend the time to find the help section, I mean there is a section right under the PSP section that says "help".
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.

Return to PSP Help