Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Downgrading and EMU's

<<

Jackal

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Downgrading and EMU's

I have a PSP 1001 with Firmware version 3.95 and no motherboard ID #'s. (1st Generation)
I also have a PSP 2001 with Firmware version 3.95 and no motherboard ID #'s.

Back when I got my PSP 1001 I was able to run a Sega Genesis emulator (DGEN) on it with no problem until they started includeing a new patch with every game you buy. I am trying every downgrader I can find online to return it to Firmware version 1.5, everything out there is a hoax. I have a backup of all PSP Firmware versions.

What is the best Sega Genesis emulator for PSP?
Last edited by Jackal on Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu May 07, 2009 2:38 pm

Lol, I can reassure you that pandora is not a hoax. Just because it works for everyone else and not you doesn't mean it's a hoax.

Did you try looking at our tutorials section and follow a tutorial such as darkpacman's guide on creating a pandora's battery? Also 1.5 is not the BIOS version of a psp, it is the firmware version. That and you will need to upgrade to a custom firmware, 1.5 is outdated and custom firmwares offer many more features.

~moved to help~
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Jackal

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 07, 2009 3:30 pm

So if I'm running official firmware version 3.95, what custom firmware do I need to install to get started?
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu May 07, 2009 4:22 pm

There's really no "best custom firmware" since there's only 1 dev, DAX, releasing them. Just get yourself a pandora setup and use the latest custom firmware, which I believe is 5.01. For your fat you will need to also install the 1.50 kernal add-on.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t

Return to PSP Help