What? Where? How? When?

<<

salonica

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:19 am

What? Where? How? When?

Hello

I got a psp with firmware 2.81 and I would like to know if there is a way to downgrade or upgrade (or both :P) its firmware in order to do all these happy things on my psp (emulators, shells, etc.).

Also if it is possible can someone tell me that if somehow I finally manage to to customize my psp, do I have to change these customization tools (shells, cracks I don't really know how u call it) in order to run different applications?
For example if I use the "A" crack to run the "AA" application can i run and the "BB" application too? Or I have to run the "B" crack first and then run the "BB" application?

Lot of questions I know :)

P.S. : forgive me for my bad english and in case u don't understand something or I am not clear pls say it and I'll try to rephrase it.

P.S.2 : Did I say helloooooooooooooooooooooooo ? :)

P.S.3 : And thank U
<<

salonica

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:34 am

And one more question. If i do all the things i hope u'll tell me to do can i use the umd disks again? or do I have to forget em?

by the way I think that this post should be in the help section and not here

Sorry for that :)
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:01 am

http://psp.xtrusion.es/en/ Follow that guide than come back , and I'll tell you how to upgrade to custom firmware.

BTW: Since pacman says he does all the moding I did move this topic
ImageImage
<<

salonica

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:46 pm

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:http://psp.xtrusion.es/en/ Follow that guide than come back , and I'll tell you how to upgrade to custom firmware.

BTW: Since pacman says he does all the moding I did move this topic

Thanx for the reply but the site got info for 2.70 firm and lower.

Do i use this one? the 2.70 firm i mean?

Thanx again
<<

salonica

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 pm

One more question pls :)

How can I update the firmware to 3.03 in order to downgrade it to 1.50?

I download a file with the name 11844_EBOOT.PBP, is this the one that updates my firmware? if yes in what folder do i have to put it in? And after completing this update how do I downgrade it?

ermmmmm one more question :P

If i understand correct do I have to buy or rent the game GTA in order to downgrade, upgrade and all these scientific things?
If yes is there any other way?

Thanx again.

EDIT: This is the last question really (for today).

If I understand correct psp owners with firm 2.70 to 3.03 MUST have this GTA disk to upgrade/downgrade etc their psp.
If they have 2.70 and lower then they can up/down/etc. anytime in order to run all these cool stuff.

P.S. In Greece is impossible to find this disk (in Greece is impossible to find anything). So is there a way to download it from somewhere and run it from my pc and somehow to make it run in my psp same time
P.S.2 Is my idea or your are down to the floor rolling and holding your stomach with my questions? :P
<<

salonica

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:02 am

asddasit wrote:Ok,so same firmware? 2.81?
Well here it goes,you will need to use the 3.03 downgrader. BUT to use it you will need an unpatched version of GTA LSC. to tell if its unpatched see what update it has,if its 2.00 then its not patched. If its 2.6 it is.
So get that game and we will work from there.
There is no other way to downgrade,and no other way to get the game other then to have the umd itself.
There the low down.

Ok I the only copy of GTA I can find says psp update ver 2.60 (Although its a 2005 Copy. Its the oldest copy i found and I thought it was the unpatched).

So 2 questions :

1) Can we do something with this copy?
2) Is it possible to downgrade my psp to firmware 2.60 by using the games update and then use the easy downgrader 2.60 to 1.50?

P.S. Is my idea or the psp is the most useless gadget ever if u keep it as it is? It can't do anything at all. It can't play european videos, u can't customize it, u can't run anything except of games that are in umd and u can't even use it as a mp3 player cause there are smaller and more frienldy devices or mobile phones to do this work.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:17 am

salonica wrote:
asddasit wrote:Ok,so same firmware? 2.81?
Well here it goes,you will need to use the 3.03 downgrader. BUT to use it you will need an unpatched version of GTA LSC. to tell if its unpatched see what update it has,if its 2.00 then its not patched. If its 2.6 it is.
So get that game and we will work from there.
There is no other way to downgrade,and no other way to get the game other then to have the umd itself.
There the low down.

Ok I the only copy of GTA I can find says psp update ver 2.60 (Although its a 2005 Copy. Its the oldest copy i found and I thought it was the unpatched).

So 2 questions :

1) Can we do something with this copy?
2) Is it possible to downgrade my psp to firmware 2.60 by using the games update and then use the easy downgrader 2.60 to 1.50?

P.S. Is my idea or the psp is the most useless gadget ever if u keep it as it is? It can't do anything at all. It can't play european videos, u can't customize it, u can't run anything except of games that are in umd and u can't even use it as a mp3 player cause there are smaller and more frienldy devices or mobile phones to do this work.

I do not think that the 2.60 GTA LCS will work with the downgrader. There will be a code on the outside of the case (the binding). If there are letters after that code (the code will say 91104 or something) like "bf" or something like that (sorry I can't quite remember the code). If there are letters at the end of the code then you will not be able to downgrade using that copy.

2. not possible. another downgrader will be available in the future, though, so DON'T update the firmware any more.

Also, the PSP is far from useless in it's stock form. You CAN play flash games on the web browser. There are flash game packs that you can download - though I don't think there is one here at pspbrew currently. The games in the flashplayer can actually be really fun and to top it off there is a tutorial for how to do that in our tutorial section (there is a link in my sig that will direct you to it ;) )

You can put songs on the psp, and that is a great thing for me. I compress my music to 22khz at 56 kbp/s compression. The songs sound the exact same as normal and they take up twice as less space!! :) Since I put about half of my psp full of music, I am actually putting about a gig worth on a 1gb stick and still have 500mb to spare ;)

Video is also nice on the psp b/c the display is so crisp.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.

Return to PSP Help