Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Alternative LPC Port points for 1.4 Xbox.

<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Alternative LPC Port points for 1.4 Xbox.

Anyone know of any alternative LPC Port points for 1.4 Xbox? I think the LAD3 point is no good on this particular board. I have been told that LAD3 is under a chip but I was never told which one. I do not want to give up on this board (got it for free with no hard drive) so I was wondering if anyone knows where the alternate point is. I would really like to get it up and running again.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Well what's wrong with the board anyways? I don't know much about xbox 1's, haven't messed with them in ages though so don't know how much help I'd be.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:32 pm

The board works fine as far as I can tell only that it can not be moded via the lpc port because it is faulty. I do not have the original hard drive so I can not soft mod. I suspect Pin 7 of the Lpc port is bad because it reads 2.65 volts instead of the expected 3.3. That is why I want to find a substitute point for pin7 (LAD3).
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:24 am

Ah ok, I don't know what pin they used, but I do fairly remember the old xenium solderless adapters used a different point for a power source, I just can't remember how many volts. If anything, you could stick a resistor on that point and use it. I'll look for a picture. Either that or mmm I'm not sure, follow the trace until you get to a via you can test.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:26 pm

I tried following the trace but it is so damn small my eyes keep jumping around. I appreciate your help.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:55 pm

Well I got a dead one laying around somewhere, I'll look for it and see what I can find. I think the team xecuter website used to have a tutorial too, but you know that solderless adapter from xenium, it had the big red thing that attached to somewhere on the motherboard. You could always solder a resistor to that point or something. But you know, if you don't mind you could try it anyways with some kind of solderless adapter, and if that doesn't work then you could try replacing a voltage source. I'm sure there's plenty of ways around it. I'm going to try and find that motherboard tho I have ;)
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:01 am

Thanks for your help Ace but I think I am going to cannibalize the board by removing the ram chips and installing them onto the box I have running XBMC. I learned that the only way I can recover this board is to pull the EEPROM and dump it. Then use Config magic to set up a hard drive to go with that board. I do not have an EEPROM reader or want to go through the hastle of pulling the chip for that purpose. I have another board (1.6)that works so I will make the 1.4 a parts board and beef up the Xbox I am currently using.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:48 am

Alright sorry that I couldn't be of any help. Hope it goes well. I couldn't seem to find the mobo I have laying around somewhere :(

Return to Xbox 360